Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-21, 04:17 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
...I hope the price hasn't increased, but I also don't feel like I'll be incomplete without it....
I feel like prices usually go down. You'll probably be glad you waited.
Old 03-13-21, 04:19 PM  
alisoncooks

She could've at least extended the buying period until this final stimulus hits the bank, lol.

(I am jesting...and besides, my stimulus will go "poof" the moment it clears...darn crawl space moisture remediation...)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-21, 04:32 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
She could've at least extended the buying period until this final stimulus hits the bank, lol.

(I am jesting...and besides, my stimulus will go "poof" the moment it clears...darn crawl space moisture remediation...)
Lol, that's what I was hoping for too! I got the last one the day after it was signed but it looks like I'm not in the first group this time around I was at least hoping for one paycheck cycle for this release, but nope! So I'm taking that as a sign that I don't need it right now anyway.
Old 03-14-21, 09:11 AM  
FirmDancer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
Yeah, I agree with you. And I literally just can't afford it by tomorrow, and we had just under 2 weeks from the announcement to the closing to know how much it was, how it was being delivered and what it was. My interest is definitely piqued by this system, but I just can't do it on this short of notice. If I'm still interested in June, I hope the price hasn't increased, but I also don't feel like I'll be incomplete without it.

In the meantime, I'll be keeping up with the posts here to see what everyone else thinks!
My feelings as well!
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Current Rotations:
JSmith: STRENGTHEN
ManFlowYoga: morning sessions & Strength Foundations
YogaGlo & MFML: easy, morning classes
FirmDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 09:26 AM  
Anne29

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFR View Post
I've read that stretching after a workout invites injury because your muscles are warmed up and loose, and endorphins are flowing, so it's easy to overstretch. I'm going to avoid stretching after these workouts and see if I'm less sore. If I have greater strength gains too that would be awesome.
Thanks, Lisa. That's interesting. I think that's why I like stretching after a workout--because my muscles are warm and looser than usual.
I think I'm going to try stretching later in the day or before bed, as she suggests. I sit so much throughout the day that having multiple movement sessions makes a lot of sense.

I saw that Jessica answered a question about this on her FAQ page. Here's her reply: "The stretching component is really up to you and your preferences. If you really like to stretch at the end of your sessions, our express post workout stretch is a great add-on option you can use at any time. The research is mixed, but there is some indication that stretching later in the day (if you want to do it on the same day) may be more beneficial vs right after a strength session that breaks down muscle (which is how it gets stronger). Our Mobility: Wind Down routine is meant to be a helpful evening stretching option as it’s a great way to relax your body before bed and also to release tightness before sleep. Whether you prefer to stretch right after your workout, later in the day or the next day, please feel free to add in stretching as often and whenever you wish. The most benefit will come with you doing it when it feels best for you and your body. I hope this helpful. 🙂"

Sounds reasonable and understanding, as Jessica always is.
Anne29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 09:36 AM  
KaeLaVie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
No, these are yours forever. Purple Player (Purple Play) is just the means by which you can play them. It (PP) does not have any cost.

Carol
Thanks Carol!
KaeLaVie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 09:49 AM  
Anne29

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimf View Post
I have done the first 3 workouts now and I am so happy so far. I love the combination of the slow heavy reps with focus on stabilization and mobility. I don't think I have done anything else like this. A lot of it feels like prehab/rehab type moves with a focus on preventing injury and functional movement, at my age (50s) that is right up my alley.

She has clearly put so much planning and research into this project. It feels very current to me and not like the same old, same old weight lifting.

I also love her little motivational comments - she strikes the right balance of saying the right thing at the right time, and not too much of it. I really enjoy Jessica's personality. (and Peanut too!)

If you are on the fence about it I would say go for it. This is a really unique program. My only criticism is that she is closing it tomorrow. I do not like that marketing strategy that so many are offering now (like The Balanced Life). I think that was ill advised and I hope she changes her mind and keeps it up for sale, or offers it again before June.
Kim, You summed it up so perfectly here. Exactly. I've been working out with videos at home for 30+ years, and from what I've seen so far, this program is pretty special and current. I'm sorry that more people can't take part in it--either due to their technological setup at home or financial constraints. It does seem like she's responding to every post/question on the Lift and Shift checkin, so maybe that's why she's limiting the window to buy.
Anne29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 10:09 AM  
kimf
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne29 View Post
Kim, You summed it up so perfectly here. Exactly.
Thanks Anne, I really enjoy your reviews too! And I look forward to hearing more thoughts from others since I am so excited about this set.

I really do love Cathe and subscribe to her Live streaming, but her strength workouts really haven't varied much over the years. They are still very effective and fun but I definitely want to address the aches and pains I have accumulated as I age. It is like a breath of fresh air to see what Jessica has incorporated!
kimf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 03:09 PM  
desderata

This set seems like the most well designed series I've heard of. I would buy it immediately if it were available as dvds or download to my hardrive/device.
I've read the reviews of Purple Play in the app store and it's almost universally described as glitchy, with poor tech support.

If it becomes available in another format, I'll buy it in a heartbeat.
desderata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-21, 03:51 PM  
carly

I hope this set is really good and meets everyone's expectations. I will be following your post updates on VF with envy. My home internet is definitely bogged down with "multiple Covid work from home" priorities so DVD's would be my only option at this time. I wish this set had been more accessible to me as I really need "a kick in the pants" right now.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eccentric weight training, jessica smith, jessica smith get strong, jessica smith strength, lift and shift, lift and shift reviews, purple player, streaming reviews, streaming workouts, strength rotation