Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-21, 11:10 AM  
kat999

Yes! Pat and Susan, that one is just lovely. I may also try it in evenings if I'm feeling a lot of back and neck and hip fatigue from WFH at my desk all day (that has been a big problem for me lately; I used to get regular massage therapy, but I haven't been able to go because of the pandemic).
Old 01-29-21, 12:11 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

By the way - I love the colors of everyone's outfits in the "new" workouts.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-21, 06:01 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
By the way - I love the colors of everyone's outfits in the "new" workouts.
Oh, me too! The outfits are all really snazzy in those!
Old 01-31-21, 12:42 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Today I did Complete Workout, the upper body and aerobic section only. I really enjoyed this, this was one workout I was considering getting rid of but will hang onto for sure. I followed it up with the floorwork segment of Lower Body Solution. I will do the step portion of this workout really soon.

Anyway, this was just what I needed today. My back and hip have been bugging me so I kind of needed to take it slow today, but it felt nice to move. I have gotten into such a lazy mode, need to snap out of it.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 04:00 PM  
susand

favorite fat burners today! think that might be a frequent sunday workout. always clap too, lol.
susand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-21, 04:05 PM  
kat999

Good for you two! Yay!
Old 01-31-21, 04:42 PM  
susand

thanks kat, lol. this thread has inspired me!
Old 02-02-21, 12:10 PM  
kat999

This morning I did the last one I hadn't already done, the Abs, Buns, and Thighs workouts from the Personal Trainer series. This is two 25-minute routines, but the way the DVD is chaptered it was easier to just do them both together. Wow, this is probably my new favorite of everything I've done in this rotation! It burned SO many calories and even though all the aerobics were low-impact, my heart got pumping! This is co-led by Michelle and Kim, who have appeared in some of Jane's other videos. If you string everything together like I did, you'll get six aerobic segments interspersed with toning segments, and two stretches. Everything is honestly very easy, but where it's effective is in its repetition. The sound is mixed well, and everybody looks like they're having a great time. The music is even pretty good, too. And I find I like the smaller class; it's just the three of them, with Jane doing lower-intensity and Michelle or Kim (depending on which one is leading) doing higher. Jane focuses on warm-up, cool-down, and the toning segments, which are almost entirely chair-assisted. The only other negative, though, is that there is truly barely any actual "buns" toning going on here, and for anyone used to doing slightly more intense weight training, the toning segments feel a bit wimpy. Again, doing both 25-minute segments together for a full 50-minute session will help you feel like you did more.

I'm definitely going to keep doing Jane, having slotted all her workouts into various appropriate categories of pilates, yoga, and aerobic weight training/cross-training, and as I go through these different modalities as part of my regular fitness regime, I'll keep using her stuff. I may also dig into the stuff only available on YouTube.

I hope this has been fun for everybody following along and doing Jane, too!
Old 02-02-21, 04:08 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

I completed the Easy Going Workout DVD the other day with the warm up, barre, cardio, leg stretches, and cool down stretch. Love it so much! A happy, no dread workout.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-21, 06:34 PM  
susand

love this thread!

Tags
jane fonda, significant weight loss