Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-21, 02:17 PM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Kat, they are most definitely "real people." I love that Shirlee is among them. She seems like a fun person. She and Jane were very close in their personal lives.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 02:32 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
Kat, they are most definitely "real people." I love that Shirlee is among them. She seems like a fun person. She and Jane were very close in their personal lives.
Yes! Shirlee is in there. I remember my mom thinking that was so cute. In the Prime Time aerobics I did the other day, she makes a point of introducing all the backgrounders (who stay verbally quiet haha) and telling their day jobs. Several were actors, but a lot were trainers, one was a Pilates instructor, and one was "a matchmaker," which I thought was funny.
Old 01-22-21, 05:49 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Oo, thank you, Taramisu! I think I saw that version and didn't check beyond the INSANE price for the new copy (almost $100). I snagged the Decluttr store's copy!
Excellent! Glad you were able to pick one up! Hope you like it!
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-21, 05:50 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat58 View Post
I pulled out Jane's Complete Workout last night and did section 1, the warm ups and upper body weights. I can't do pushups so I did chest presses and tricep kickbacks instead.

The bows, hairdos and suspenders, ouch. I really wish they hadn't added all the moaning and yipping, it's awful. It's a good workout, but those noises!
I agree, I don't do this one often because of that, but I can't seem to part with it either.
Old 01-22-21, 05:52 PM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrice View Post
Darn, I avoided this thread, but now I am hooked. I did Step and Stretch today. Off to fo find more on YouTube.

Patrice
I am glad that there are some Jane fans here, there doesn't seem to be an abundance of them here. I enjoy her workouts, they remind me of a simpler time I suppose. I am grateful for my Jane workouts. Now if she would only release some more on DVD.

I am in a major workout slump, maybe I should just do Jane workouts for a while and see if I can snap out of it.
Old 01-22-21, 06:49 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

I did Favorite Fat Burners the other day which made me want to do Lean Routine. I ended up buying it and Lower Body Solution.

Patrice
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-21, 12:56 PM  
kat999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taramisu View Post
I am glad that there are some Jane fans here, there doesn't seem to be an abundance of them here. I enjoy her workouts, they remind me of a simpler time I suppose. I am grateful for my Jane workouts. Now if she would only release some more on DVD.

I am in a major workout slump, maybe I should just do Jane workouts for a while and see if I can snap out of it.
Do it! This rotation has gotten me out of a workout slump, and indeed, it also reminds me of a simpler time, too.

As far as her releasing more, I think she's too busy with Grace & Frankie, plus the way she talks about her knee and hip replacements in some of the Prime Time workouts, I'm not sure she really wants to. But her level of fitness and how good she still looks for being 83 is a real testament to a lot of the good her own workouts did for her! I know she had some difficulties with food for a time, but it seems she's recovered long ago and living a very healthy, active life for a senior. Very inspirational!
Old 01-24-21, 10:20 AM  
kat999

This morning I did the Low-Impact Aerobics/Stretch routine, which is about 45 minutes long divided up into two segments. The first is led by Laurel (who is HUGELY pregnant! ), Michelle, and Kim, and it's a pretty basic low-impact routine with about five distinct songs, lots of "TIFT"-ing, and modifications to either more or less intensity. I found the steps on this a little fussy and hard to learn, but in the kind of way that I know I'll get it by just doing it one more time. The stretching routine is led by Jane, and it's about 15 minutes long. Although it's pretty basic, she holds each stretch for a nice long time, and I think that's the level of stretching I need now at my age. All in all, a nice little practice that still burned a few calories and was very relaxing.
Old 01-24-21, 11:28 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat999 View Post
Do it! This rotation has gotten me out of a workout slump, and indeed, it also reminds me of a simpler time, too.

As far as her releasing more, I think she's too busy with Grace & Frankie, plus the way she talks about her knee and hip replacements in some of the Prime Time workouts, I'm not sure she really wants to. But her level of fitness and how good she still looks for being 83 is a real testament to a lot of the good her own workouts did for her! I know she had some difficulties with food for a time, but it seems she's recovered long ago and living a very healthy, active life for a senior. Very inspirational!
Oops...I meant to say release more of her older workouts on DVD. All I need is her two step workouts and Workout w/Weights, then I would be set!

Yeah, I really should do her workouts for a while, they have brought me out of slumps before.
Old 01-24-21, 11:35 AM  
susand

add me to list to do these to get out of a slump.
kat i tried that low impact workout once but got frustrated with the steps. will have to try it again!
susand is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jane fonda, significant weight loss