Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-21, 01:54 PM  
Mopsy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
In the past year I’ve lost seven dogs. My friend told me to quit adopting older dogs. I do have a puppy now, but I miss my old gang of sweet faces. ❤️
Seven in one year? And in this (last) year? I'm so sorry. My avatar kitty died in March. The 3rd one in 5 years. I tend to adopt older cats because they're easy. I've spent the past few months on Petfinder and visiting shelters, trying to find the right companion for my 5-year-old cat, the only one who was still young when I adopted her. Everyone has said to get a young one so my cat can show him who's boss, and maybe still playful. I like older ones because, well, they're mellow and there are lots of them who need homes. Also, I'm going to be 55 soon, maybe relocating, and who knows what else is coming, so I don't think I want to start with a young cat (tempting as it is).

So, good news, I might get a new kitty soon!
Old 01-03-21, 01:55 PM  
Gams

Hattie, I’m so sorry you lost your Frenchie. I told my vet that when I lose a dog, I never expect that I can love the next one as much, but I always do. She said, “They are all different but the love is just as deep in its own way.”
Gams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 02:08 PM  
LAC

Gams, I am so sorry for your most recent loss. It is hard to say goodbye to our fur babies and you have had to part with so many over the past year. But thank you so much for adopting older dogs from the shelter and giving them the gift of a safe home and the chance to experience the joy and happiness of being wanted and loved.
LAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 02:11 PM  
sugar rose

Gams, I'm so sorry for the loss of your dog and all the dogs you've lost this year. My sympathies to all who have lost pets and loved ones recently

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

William Shakespeare, Hamlet
sugar rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 03:33 PM  
wendug

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagreen01 View Post
I wholeheartedly agree with Vantreesta and want to send my thanks to you as well. I am sad for your loss of another pet. Just know what you have done for older dogs is so very special. A hug from me too.
I agree with Vantreesta and seagreen, too. You have such a big heart to give senior pets a home. It is heartbreaking to lose them, but I'm sure they brought you much happiness, too. I would love to have lots of space to adopt all the senior pets!
Old 01-03-21, 03:36 PM  
wendug

My happy news is that I sold 6 mosaics for the holidays. I've even sold a few pieces internationally this past year, so I'm in good spirits about my creative endeavors!
Old 01-03-21, 04:21 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

Gams, thank you so much for rescuing the senior dogs. I'm sorry there's a hole in your heart right now.

Watching puppies has been shown to be good for your blood pressure and emotional status. That said, try watching this live stream of 4 day old Shiba Inu puppies and their mom. The owner keeps the live stream going till the puppies leave the home and it's such fun watching them grow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDqwZQpi0U

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 05:12 PM  
Hsim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer R View Post
Gams, thank you so much for rescuing the senior dogs. I'm sorry there's a hole in your heart right now.

Watching puppies has been shown to be good for your blood pressure and emotional status. That said, try watching this live stream of 4 day old Shiba Inu puppies and their mom. The owner keeps the live stream going till the puppies leave the home and it's such fun watching them grow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWDqwZQpi0U
Thank you for this! I am a very enthusiastic Shiba owner.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 08:17 PM  
happyladi

I don’t have any pets at the moment. I had a young cat named Bo Sid Vicious (it matched him). At the time, I didn’t have my Parkinson’s under control. and Bo would get around a corner and when I shuffled by, he stand up on his hind legs and jump at me. Was always making me fall. Had to re-home him. The only dog in my life is my daughter and son-in-law’s English Bulldog, Hamish. My 90-year old mom says he’s so ugly he’s cute.

Last nite, a bunch of us “girls” got together on Zoom and watched the newer “Black Beauty”. We haven’t seen our family in another state since this whole mess started, but ever few weeks we get together on Zoom and play Yahtzee.
happyladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-21, 08:21 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I'm sorry about your loss and your heartache.

I'm learning to settle for "little" good newses. Some good things here include:

* I got a gel plate for Christmas and I have had fun playing with it. I'm making some beautiful Valentine's Day cards with it. It was fun and calming.

* I've gotten out to walk the last two days. I stopped exercising a few days before Christmas due to our busyness and the bad weather, so two days in a row is good news!

* The is supposed to come out tomorrow! We haven't seen much of it since Wednesday? Thursday?

* My husband felt pretty lousy over the past week and he is slowly starting to feel better.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
good news, happy news