Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-19, 09:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

seller Strong Stride on Amazon

I bought the "black cover" strong stride DVD on amazon from seller "Strong Stride" which is presumably Lisa Watson's company. this was last month. Amazon advised me to look into my purchase because the seller had not notified me about whether it had been shipped or not.

there's a phone number for Strong Stride on Amazon, so I called. a woman answered, and I asked about my purchase, to which she said the company went out of business.

I logged into my account and cancelled the purchase. then I get an email from the seller with a long message that seems to me that they think I am Amazon, and that they have been trying to stop selling their products.

I replied with "I am the buyer and need your approval to cancel the order so that Amazon can return my payment. Regarding your Seller's account, you need to contact Amazon directly."

Lisa seems to have a presence on the web, but it's not clear whether her products are being sold in other locations or whether she is actively managing those sales.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 05:57 AM  
Lannette

I’ve noticed a subtle shift with amazon lately. It’s actually put me off of purchasing third party items.

I hope they give your money back without any issues.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 10:46 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

thanks Lannette. me too!

someone correct me if i'm wrong, but i think if no response is received, there's someone at Amazon you can escalate this to? i'll check my CC to make sure i wasn't charged.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 04-02-19, 12:08 PM  
Lannette

I had to request a refund for a third party item that didn’t work. I requested it through the website. Amazon followed up three days later. They should follow up with you as well, if not I’d have them call you by using the contact function.

Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it? - Caroline Myss
Lannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-19, 05:08 PM  
pgun3

Amazon is very good with refunds. I would contact them through chat.
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-19, 01:13 AM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

hi all - thank you for the tips. so far, my CC has not been charged, although i will keep watching it. i still see it in my "purchases" section of my account.

Old 06-14-19, 07:58 AM  
alisoncooks

BUMP:

Darn it, I'm just now seeing this thread. I'm having the exact same issue (placed an order, no seller response, just sent my email requesting a cancellation of the order.) Bummer.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-19, 01:24 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alisoncooks View Post
BUMP:

Darn it, I'm just now seeing this thread. I'm having the exact same issue (placed an order, no seller response, just sent my email requesting a cancellation of the order.) Bummer.
eventually, Amazon cancelled my order. it took about a month. my credit card was not charged.

there is a streaming option for the "black cover" workout - not sure if it's available as a download "for keeps":

https://coachtube.com/course/health-...-stride/514796

~ based on the chaptering, it lines up with the list and run times (total of 2.5 hours of original workout content) for the "black cover" strong stride.

the "white cover" (Cardio Strength) workout streaming option is here:
https://coachtube.com/course/health-...trength/514749

~this is 90 minutes of content, and Mary still sells this DVD on TotalFitnessDVDs.com website.

the site claims "full lifetime access" for streaming, but if the company goes out of business, I guess you're out of luck.

Old 06-14-19, 03:58 PM  
Taiga

Amazon has always been great about refunds but this is a weak spot for them. If a seller never ships and they refuse to cancel or respond, it takes about a month to get a refund. That was kind of a shocker to me. I expected that if they missed the promised shipping date and didn't even respond, that Amazon would just step in and refund. They did absolutely zip. You are better off receiving damaged merchandise as that typically gets much faster action.

Only ever had that happen one time, then I was even more careful to only go with long established sellers with excellent ratings. The seller I had problems with had 5 stars but only about 8 ratings or so. Also, aways check the date of last review for a seller, even if they have 5 stars. Even recently, I'll find the last review may be for a few yrs ago. That's a dead give away that something was messed up in the system and the seller is listed but no longer active.
Old 06-15-19, 10:17 PM  
Eibhinn

Amazon marketplace has become a cesspool to the extent that I assume it's being really poorly managed.

In the past year only about half of the items I've ordered from Amazon marketplace have arrived. Often, I'll look through the reviews closely too late and notice that there are a bunch of reviews where the people didn't receive their order, and then a bunch more of (in retrospect obviously fake) reviews singing their praises, generally in identical terms. Most of the time if you request a refund, the sellers will eventually give it. Sometimes you have to ask multiple times and threaten a bad review before they will do so. Sometimes if you buy multiple items, they'll only refund one, and you have to keep asking them over and over again to get a full refund. There are clearly a lot of sellers on there who depend on the fact that so many people buy so much stuff online that they don't keep track of it. They're not actually selling anything, just taking people's money and hoping people don't notice and ask for a refund. Or if they do, that they won't notice that they haven't actually received the refund the seller says they issued. It clearly must be profitable, because there are a bunch of sellers now who, if you look closely, it's pretty clear that's all they're doing on Amazon. And Amazon seems to have no interest in doing anything about it, because I've pointed it out to them. I've stopped buying on Amazon marketplace to avoid the frustration.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lisa watson, strong stride