Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-11, 12:50 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs View Post
Fuzzie, I know you had the Meta Glutecentric set (which I actually kind of like, having tried a workouts 1-5 so far). How different is the Omni set? Can you describe your change of heart? Also, are you doing the TA rotation, or are you using Omni Continuity with other things?
Sorry for all the questions!
Hi Ali!

I don't have the Omni Meta set - I started directly with the Continuity program and I like it much better. The standing arm/ab work and the mat ab work are pretty much the same, but the lower body work is slightly different: There are fewer reps of each moves and a more interesting/engaging variety of exercices IMO. I think that this time around I knew what to expect, which contributed to my liking the set. When I first got Meta I was hoping for something closer to Tracy's Mat Workout and I was very disappointed with all the floorwork. Contrary to Meta Cardio, Tracy is actually on the beat of the music in Continuity Cardio 1.1 so it is easier to follow. I still prefer her other, more structured Cardio workouts though.

I totally burned out on barre in 2011 so now I am doing an almost all-TA rotation, adjusting to include my dance classes and more cardio variety. Here is what it looks like:

Monday: 90-minute dance class (contemporary dance, pretty technical)
Tuesday: TA Omni + Bonus Arms; TA Cardio
Wednesday: TA Omni + Bonus Arms; Low impact cardio (like Ellen Barret, Zumba, etc.)
Thursday: 75-minute dance class (hip hop, mostly cardio)
Friday: TA Omni + Bonus Arms; TA Cardio
Saturday: TA Omni + Bonus Arms; Low impact cardio
Sunday: Rest
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 02:21 PM  
amery

I had the Omni set and did the first workout a few times and traded it. Now after reading all these threads, I, of course, want to re-aquire. I don't know why I even trade, I do this ALL THE TIME.

Anyways, a few questions:
1. Do you all think these results are unique to Meta sets, or did you get similar results with Mat and webisodes? (I have both, don't have PDS)
2. Is there a way to just start on continuity without the original Meta set? From what Fuzzie said, it sounds like I might like continuity better...
3. Has anyone gotten these awesome results without using TA's cardio much or at all? I love cardio, but I didn't love the cardio with the Omni set.

Congrats to all you who have stuck with it and gotten great results and found something you love!
Thanks!
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 03:08 PM  
alikruegs
VF Supporter

Thanks for posting your thoughts and rotation Fuzzie! I'm toying with what to do this winter and would like to include TA.
Old 12-19-11, 03:11 PM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by amery View Post
I had the Omni set and did the first workout a few times and traded it. Now after reading all these threads, I, of course, want to re-aquire. I don't know why I even trade, I do this ALL THE TIME.

1. Do you all think these results are unique to Meta sets, or did you get similar results with Mat and webisodes? (I have both, don't have PDS)
2. Is there a way to just start on continuity without the original Meta set? From what Fuzzie said, it sounds like I might like continuity better...
3. Has anyone gotten these awesome results without using TA's cardio much or at all? I love cardio, but I didn't love the cardio with the Omni set.

Congrats to all you who have stuck with it and gotten great results and found something you love!
Thanks!
I'm curious for answers to all your questions, but particularly #2. I think I would also like continuity better as I really dislike working out on all fours. But they are all great questions and I'm looking forward to the answers.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 03:47 PM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by summer breeze View Post
I'm curious for answers to all your questions, but particularly #2. I think I would also like continuity better as I really dislike working out on all fours. But they are all great questions and I'm looking forward to the answers.
I think you can definitely buy Continuity without Meta. I just ordered from her website and nowhere did it ask me if I had bought Meta before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alikruegs View Post
Thanks for posting your thoughts and rotation Fuzzie! I'm toying with what to do this winter and would like to include TA.
You're welcome! I will be curious to see what you do so please post your rotation
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 04:08 PM  
chrisqan

Quote:

Thanks!
1. I think the results are unique to Meta/Continuity because of one thing- TIME. It takes time to see results and because Meta has a lot more content and you are less likely to burn out by doing a new workout every 10 days, you are more likely to see results. I've done Mat for a month a while back and I saw results, nothing drastic, but then I've not lost a single pound or inch since I've started Meta. I have toned all over and I'm happy with my results enough to continue. I should also mention as with any workout regimen, if you are consistent, you are likely to see results. I've done Tonique and firmed up my lower body, I've done Valerie Waters and it's shaped my back and shoulders. Meta is NOT a magic program, it will give you results, it gives you a different kind of look- what I like to call "naturally slim"- not overly defined. I really like Meta because it's been able to keep me consistent like no other program has, mainly because of the structure and the uniqueness of the exercises.

2. You can certainly order Continuity w/o having done Meta but I wouldn't recommend it, the exercises are more challenging to your core. Continuity set 1 does have less work on all 4's depending on which centric you get. Most of the Glutecentric and Omnicentric (with the exception of level 7) moves are still on all 4's. In Hipcentric levels 5,7, 8, and 9 and Abcentric levels 4, 5, 6, 8, and 9 a lot of moves are on the side and in seated position. I think only Hip and Ab Continuity would be worth getting if you want to avoid work on all 4's. You're still going to be on your hands and knees but less so in those levels. Also this is only for the first set of Continuity- 1.1's. I don't know what 1.2 will be like for all the centrics, but Omni 1.2 and 1.3 (the second and third set of Continuity) are still mostly on all 4's.

3. Cardio is essential, this I found out recently even though I've been doing her method for a while now- when I'm inconsistent with cardio I find my skin tone sagging and my legs getting less defined. So now I think of it as my vegetables. I don't really do non-TA cardio so I can't say to the uniqueness of TA dance cardio compared to other types of cardio.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 04:20 PM  
fitnessjunkie

I'm slowing caving! Piper, what set did you get? Getting that vertical definition on my stomach has been a dream for so long. I'm leaning towards Omni though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
I was actually afraid to start Tracy because I thought I would lose my muscle tone. I feel silly for doubting her now! My arms feel so solid; all you feel is muscle when you touch them! I also noticed I'm developing a vertical definition line on my stomach, I've never had ab definition before. I'm really surprised that another trainer hasn't produced a similar workout on dvd. Can Tracy patent her exercise moves/style?
fitnessjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 04:29 PM  
momof10

Chrisqan - I just love reading your responses, since you are an expert with TA. I just started Continuity about 3 weeks ago. I graduated from Meta, doing OMNI and Abcentric consecutively. Now, I am doing OMNI and Abcentric Continuity. I must admit when I first started Continuity, I thought it was much easier than Meta. I ended up adding ankle weights. I just started Level 3 of Abcentric and it's a real killer!!! My arms were screaming for mercy and shaking like crazy. I felt like I was in heaven, because that is what I misses with Continuity. My heart rate stayed up high during all 4s, too. I burned 75 more calories with this level than previous levels. So, I don't know if it is a good idea to skip Meta. I got all the ground work with Meta. I think if I had jumped into Continuity right away, I might have gotten discouraged. I have had good results with TA. Granted, I didn't have much, if anything to lose when I started. I did lose 7#s and several inches, enough to go down one size. I weighed 122 when I started on August 16 of this year and weigh 115 now. I am not tall nor am I short. I am 5' 6". I did lose an inch in my waist. I went from 24 1/2" to 23 1/2", I lost an inch around my abs and my hips. My hips were 33 1/2", now 32 1/2". I also lost 3/4" off each leg.

The thing is we are all different. We all come across TA at different levels of endurance and at different sizes. Some need to lose more, some just want to lose a little or change the shape of their bodies. My body has definitely changed to a leaner shape. My abs have never looked better. My legs still have very nice definition, they are just leaner. It's kind of hard to explain. I am loving TA for the challenge and what it's done for me. It's the best thing to happen to me this year. I used to hate mat/floor work. Meta is just different and very addicting, which can be a good thing or a bad thing. LOL

Cheryl
momof10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 04:48 PM  
amery

Thank you for taking the times to answer. I really do appreciate it! I will probaby buy it again in January.
amery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-11, 07:44 PM  
daisyduke

TA Lovers - Do you think you will always stick with these type of workouts, or do you think at some point you will go back to lifting heavy?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote