Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-22, 10:12 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Linda, this is posted on Ellen's website:

Our Let’s Move! monthly membership will be increasing to $7.95, effective July 8, 2022. Our yearly membership will be increasing to $80, effective July 8, 2022.

Still very, very reasonable. Note, the increase is effective July 8, which is tomorrow!
Old 07-07-22, 01:00 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today I did Jessica's 48 Min Circuit Workout. I see some improvement in my ability to do these!

I plan to stretch or something later.....

We had friends over for dinner last night and it ended up being a late night.

Carol - yay for getting a workout in. I have been really tired. I'm glad I took this week off and haven't been overly productive. I think it needed to recover from year end!

Linda - our one bathroom is complete and looks great. We are due to have the 2nd one begin on Monday. I'm dreading the disruption but it will be worth it!

Dana - Glad you got to try out some Ellen! I like Super Duper Sculpt, too.

Hope everyone has a good day!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-22, 11:39 PM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

30 min. walk/read

We had guests over the long weekend and I'm still playing catch up with work, and trying to get back into the rhythm of working out. It's shocking how easily that slips to last on my list. It felt good to move today.

Waves to everybody!!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 06:30 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday was a cardio/movement day and the weather was nice enough, so - after going to work for a few hours - I took a

Walk - 35 minutes, no dogs

I wanted to add something on, but I got unmotivated pretty quickly once I sat down.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-22, 12:33 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today is the last day of my staycation...I can get used to this lifestyle. I need to retire, LOL! Well, one day....

Today was:

Jessica Smith - Full Body Flow - i skipped the gliders and it worked fine.

Jessica Smith - Core Stretch and Strength - I like this one - it is a surprise b/c when I picked up the set, I figured I would not use this one often as I don't love ab work on the floor - but this is a nice mix of that as well as other exercises and has a restorative feel to it.

Carol - lol, sitting down is the death of motivation!

Brenda - it is easy to get off track w/ guests.

Dana - is Ellen's site behaving for you?

Waves, Linda.

I still don't know if my remodel is starting on Monday or not - I guess I'll hear from him at some point.

Actually, I'd better check my junk mail - that is where a lot of his correspondence goes.

If he isn't starting Monday I'm going to give it a go to continue on w/ Jessica's rotation for a bit longer.

I have learned that it is really helpful for me to have a routine and a plan - I rebel against structure, but I think that is what I need for workouts as well as life in general. Without it, I tend to be less productive/effective....

Anyway - hope everyone has a good weekend!!

Donna
Old 07-08-22, 12:51 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Hi everyone!

I haven't done any workout yet today. I got sidetracked this morning by stalking Apple's website for the start of their new MacBook Air preorders. Everything I've read about it was that the demand will be high (completely new design, M2 chip, new color) and supply will be iffy with delivery delays due to many supply chain issues. Preorder started at 7 CST and I've placed my order at 7:01am. I love my current MacBook Air but it is 7 years old and it's time to replace it. I should have a new one next Friday the 15th. I'm so excited!

I also had to go to the office this morning and I ran out of time because I was looking at youtube and reading like-minded people's comments about anticipation of getting their new MB Air. Worth it, though!
Old 07-09-22, 08:09 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Yesterday's workout was

Silver & Fit - Advanced Strength with Adita 5/24/22 - 30 minutes

This workout was a little different - it was a 30 minute core workout with just a tiny bit of posture work. I don't think I've ever done a 30 minute Silver & Fit core workout. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't my favorite either.

Brenda - I hear you, sadly it doesn't take long these days for working out to go to the bottom of my list. I'm not sure why that is for me - is it because I've arrived at the point where there is no getting better/thinner/stronger and I'm just trying to keep my head my above water? I've always loved exercising.

Dana - Congrats with your new MacBook purchase - enjoy!

Donna - Good luck with your remodel! I guess you can count yourself lucky that one of the remodels is completed.

Carol
Old 07-09-22, 08:32 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Jenny Ford - 7 Summit Step Challenge # 2 of 65
Jenny Ford - Yoga for Breath and Body Awareness

Not much new to report.

My Lab was having a lot of trouble getting around today - for awhile I thought the time had come, but she as able to finally get up and move. I know her time is limited b/c at some point she will not be able to get around. She is up there in age, so had lived a long life. I think a lot of her arthritis is due to Lyme disease - she was not well cared for in her early days - and I am guessing did not get proper care until she was turned into a shelter and placed with a rescue organization.

Also, got some bad news on a friend of mine, her husband has cancer and his recent bloodwork is concerning. The treatments may be damaging his kidneys, so I'm waiting to hear more on that - but please keep them in your thoughts/prayers. He is going for follow ups on Monday to find out what is going on.

Sorry to be a downer this morning.

Carol - I think we all go through slumps - and you are exercising most days of the week so I think you are being quite successful!

Dana - enjoy the new tech!

Wave, everyone~~

Donna
Old 07-09-22, 09:49 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Ellen's Walking with Weights - 45min.
CS S11E11 Spine Strengthening - 23min.

Enjoyed both workouts. This is only 3rd Ellen's streaming workout I've tried and the music was good. This got me thinking, why Ellen can find a good music that goes so well with her workouts all for 5.95/month (now 7.95) and other instructors complain how expensive music is and use some dull non-descript piped-in music, and still charge so much more for their streaming?

Donna, so sorry to hear about your friend's husband. I've been in your friend's shoes and know how that feels. You're always on edge and each bloodwork keeps you anxious like you're waiting for the other shoe to drop. My wholehearted best wishes to your friend's husband.

I'm also sorry to hear about your lab. Seeing your pet suffer and know the inevitable is coming is hard.

Carol, I too go through slumps and have also come to the conclusion that after all these years, I'll never improve my physique to the "longer, thinner dancer's body". But, if I don't exercise and with getting older, I will get significantly less flexible, less mobile, stiff and just old-looking. So, I keep at it and most of the time I'm loving it. I don't know about you, but summer is not a season that motivates me to do anything but the fall is coming and that's something to look forward to.

Hi to Brenda and Linda! Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Old 07-09-22, 05:11 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Silver & Fit - Intermediate Strength with Penny 6/16/22 - 30 minutes

This one was filmed on Penny's balcony in cloudy, windy, rainy Cancun, Mexico. It was fun to have different scenery - anything green makes me happy. There's not much green here these days, unless folks are watering. On the southwest side of town where I live, I think we've had under 3 inches of rain/snow so far this year, and the last 7 months of last year were extremely dry too. Yuck!

Dana, Donna - Sorry to whine. Obviously I'm feeling sorry for my 65 year old self. And you are right, I hate to think what kind of shape I'd be in if I hadn't been exercising regularly for the last 40 years.

Dana - Ellen has always used nice music for her workouts. I don't feel like her streaming workouts are any lower quality than her DVD releases were. I don't know how she does it.

Donna - sorry your lab is struggling some. That's so hard to watch. Hope your friend's husband's bloodwork results aren't as bad as they fear.

Carol