Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-14-22, 07:44 AM  
sciencelady

Crone Cronies - The Best Things in Life Are Free. For Example, My Opinions! 8/14

The Cronies is a place for women who are mature in age or attitude. The group is highly diverse in that we have ages ranging from 30s to 60s, some are moms, some are single, some are teachers/professors, and some have jobs and work outside the home and some don’t. We do our own thing and are happy when life doesn’t get in the way too often. Some are training for a marathon, some don’t even do vids, you get the picture.

Life and exercise are what we report. A thread is started every Sunday. Some report every day, others whenever they can.

Bottom line: we are a diverse group and very supportive of each other’s goals. Oh, and we’re funny as heck. If you’d like to join us, just come on down.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 07:59 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Thanks for the thread tite, Laura!

Yesterday was an interesting day, I went to a local park to walk around it's lake and they were having a guitar festival performance under an outdoor theater open to the lake. I was able to hear the concert all the way around the lake and did sit in on it for a few minutes when I was passing by that area. Cool!

Today will be more putzing and another walk - I might choose a different lake to walk around.

Laura, nice day you're having there also! Love this compared to the steamy hot weather. Frankly, I pray we don't hit any more days in the 90s! on your Asian lunch!

Paula, are you quilting again for a donation to the hospital's kids? I don't know if the co-op will have little plots that we can garden on - I'm not a vegetable grower. I'm on 4th floor, so won't have dirt outside my door - I am thinking of doing a container of flowers on my deck though. I'll be next to two parks though and I look forward to walking through those - there's enough flowers there that I'll be satisfied. I'll probably see quite a few deer in that area also.

Vantreesta, I might try some of those videos you sent links for - my feet could use a good stretch. Cyric is still happy with the walks you take with him .

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-14-22, 06:03 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

We had a nice Sunday. This morning, we attended church virtually and I cooked some for lunch. This afternoon, we sat around and watched TV. Polly came through 2-3 times. This evening, when I opened the back door to see if she wanted to come in, she went into the bushes because she didn't want me to pick her up and bring her in. Whatever would give her that idea? (Just the times we've done it recently... )

Anita - This theme was one of my favorites from the newest list. Of course, most of Maxine's sayings are a favorite... It sounds like having parks near you is going to be ideal, especially with Gus having trained you so well to walk in them.

Paula - I'm glad you got so much quilting in recently, plus time with quilting friends. We're definitely enjoying the cooler temps. I've spent more time outside with Polly in the past 2-3 days, mostly because it's so nice outside in the mornings.

Vantreesta - Not every week can be epic. As long as you keep the habit up, you'll have another good week in the future. I'll check out that foot video.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 07:18 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Anita - I saw this theme on Facebook today and wanted to make a note of it before I forgot it. Can you add it to your list?

Crone Cronies - Time to Get Going! Today's Bad Decisions Won't Make Themselves. 10/9

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-14-22, 08:35 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout today was Pahla B Body Shaping Day 6 (27 min) a Pahla B Cool Down (5 min) and a neighborhood walk with DH (33 min).

Today was grocery and food prep day. We needed to go to Target for a variety of items, there is a Lowes next door to the Target. We went into Lowes for a little bit, me to the garden center, DH to the tools. As we parted DH said to me, "don't buy anything big". Well you probably guessed, I went to the clearance, sad sack section and there were four yellow rose trees one full size the other three what are called patio trees. Of course I fell in love and had to have one. I chose one of the patio trees. Luckily it fit into our car more easily than the full sized tree I bought a couple weeks ago. DH just rolled his eyes. We had learned our lesson and shook off off the old dead leaves and put down plastic before we put the tree in the car. Of course we still had to buy stuff at Target and Ralphs and we did manage to get it all into the car.

Anita, thanks for getting us started. I enjoy the themes every week. My opinions are gree too. The walk around the lake sounds charming. I love acoustic guitar. I'm assuming it wasn't wailing electric guitars in that setting. I bet if you wanted to have an herb garden on your balcony you could mange that. Will you be taking your orchids with you? Yes, this quilt will be donated. We make our quilts and blankets and stockpile them then when we get a request we have some ready to go. We've never turned anyone down who has made a request. The last two requests we got were from organizations assisting refugees from Afganistan who literally had to leave everything behind. The organization helps them get housing etc but they literally have nothing in terms of housewares. We've been told our quilts are a big hit, functional and pretty both the kids and adults really like them.

Laura, glad you're getting cooler temps and can enjoy hanging out outside. I appreciate you searchcing out such great themes, I always get a kick out of them.

Vantreesta, I almost missed your last post. Thanks for sending the links for toe yoga and bunion exercise. These are going to be challenging for me, no doubt about it.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 07:41 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

I'm enjoying the seasonal cool weather we've been having lately - planning on a nice walk in a park today. Gus has trained me well to go to parks for walks - he was the only dog of my four that did that. Cosmo went to the park for the dog park session and behaved well there, Berry liked playing ball in my backyard, and Snickers was such a b*tch towards other dogs, I'd walk her on leash in our neighborhood. Gus failed the dog park by attacking German Shepherds, but loved being outside for walks. Not sure if we'll have a Spades game going this evening or not.

Laura, are you virtually attending your regular church or the more distant one you really liked? The location of my new place is just the best - two beautiful parks connecting at my building and I'm about 200 yards away from the big bike path to Stillwater. I haven't been on my bike for years - it's all fixed up for it, but I just haven't done it - I should do it these nice cool days. Hopefully I'll remember your extra theme when October comes up!

Paula, Awww, I'm sure that's a pretty rose tree! The music played at the guitar festival reminded me of music that used to be on Garrison Keiller's radio show, A Prairie Home Companion. I'm downsizing my orchid collection - next summer will be the big effort to do that, but now I'm gifting away many of my orchids as they bloom. I won't be able to have my orchid growing lamp when I move, so I hope to give that away in the orchid society so it doesn't end up in hands of marijuana growers - I'll still use it this winter. I'm glad your donated quilts find homes they are well appreciated in!

Waves to all!

Anita
Old 08-15-22, 03:24 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

Today has been a busy day. I went to the YMCA and got a pretty good workout. I did strength work and then Dad got there and we walked the track several times. I left there and came home to meet up with DH and take him to a dental appointment. It was quick enough that I came home and got a shower and then had lunch. This afternoon, I did a pick-up at Wegmans and put away that stuff. Next, I'll cook some chicken fried chicken for DH for his dinner.

We got a little rain this morning and Polly wasn't happy that we left her inside while it rained. The rest of the day, we've had cloud cover and we've had temps in the high 70s. Tomorrow, we're supposed to have more rain and highs in the low 70s. It's incredible!

Anita - That's great that you will have those two parks and your bike is ready to go. I realized how hard it would be to remember that one theme, so I went back and added it to the list you're pulling from. I wasn't thinking last night when I found it.

Paula - hahaha. You're going to have quite the collection of yellow rose plants! At least, your DH just rolled his eyes and didn't argue about it. What a good cause for the latest quilts to go to. It had to help those refugeees feel a little more cared for.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Old 08-15-22, 05:01 PM  
sciencelady

Laura, thanks for editing that new title into the list! Much easier for me to find and remember!
Old 08-15-22, 08:39 PM  
Paula
VF Supporter

Good evening. Workout this morning was Travis Elioto Yin Yoga Courage and a neighborhood walk with DH.

I meet monthly with a couple of friends I've know for over 30 years. Today was our day to get together. We had a nice time showing family pictures and solving the problems of the world. Beautiful weather so we sat on the patio, really pleasant so we chatted a long time. Haven't done much since I got home. I did put together a batch of sourdough which is rising on the counter, I'll bake it tomorrow.

Anita, Thanks for reminding me of the Garrison Keiller show! I loved that program, as did most of the people I know. I'm sure the recipents of the orchids are thrilled, such a beautiful gift. Interesting how different each of your dogs were in their preferences. Gus did a good job training you to walk in parks. I feel so lucky living near nice parks and living in a park like setting with the lake nearby. You're going to love your co-op with two parks and a bike path so close, should make getting out so easy.

Laura, sounds like you got alot done. Don't know why but every time you tell us you met your parents at the Y and work out todgether it makes me smile. Wish I had someone to work out with. DH and I walk todgether nearly every day and I enjoy that, but I'd like it if he'd work out with me in the morning but he's not interested. Are you enjoying the cooler temps and rain? Clearly Polly is offended by the rain. I do have a lot of roses, particularly for my limited outdoor space. There's something about roses that I'm drawn to. I have other flowers too, but somehow when I'm in a nursery or garden center it's mostly roses that ask to come home with me.
Paula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-22, 07:49 AM  
sciencelady

Good morning!

Argh! I totally lost my previous post! Oh well, so much for my skills in managing a number of windows!

I'm planning on taking a nice walk and putzing around today. This evening our public radio will have the Latvian Folk Dance and Song Festival concert on the air - I'll listen to that again!

Laura, I think we're having similar weather right now - I love it! I love hearing how you meet your parents for workouts - it's not something mine ever did...

Paula, I miss the Prairie Home Companion show - it was taken over by Chris Thile when Garrison Keillor left as Live from Here, but I think it's been cancelled totally these days . I have mixed feelings about roses - I have several in my front yard - some are fine in the garden giving a little color, others I planted near the street to keep people from my yard . Some were intended for the neighbor kid who played games like baseball in my front yard - wanted him away from my windows (he's now an adult and moved away)! And to discourage parking in front of my house as passengers would get out in the bushes. I probably won't have a rose in my containers on my balcony when I move.

Waves to all!

Anita