Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-17-22, 09:48 AM  
Jules

My Les Mills yearly subscription auto-renewed this week and I was pleasantly surprised that it dropped from $119.88 down to $89.88. I was not expecting that!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 10:37 AM  
rhbrand

Do you like Les Mills? I've been thinking of trying it again, once I get good internet this week.
Old 07-17-22, 11:30 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhbrand View Post
Do you like Les Mills? I've been thinking of trying it again, once I get good internet this week.
They have an offer for a month for four dollars if you want to try Les Mills out.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 02:08 PM  
Jules

Quote:
I love Les Mills! It can get a little repetitive at times as all of the programs are formulaic, but I definitely have my favorite releases that I go back to again and again. I mostly do BodyPump, BodyCombat and The Trip. The music is decent and the trainers are top-notch. I find that I rarely get injured working out to Les Mills (and Cathe) because they focus on teaching good form and safe moves. I also bought the BodyCombat app for VR - it's unique and fun!
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 03:30 PM  
sillygirl

Beachbody is absorbing most of Openfit programs and will be shutting down Openfit’s app/website in the next week. Beachbody was always the parent company of Openfit but Openfit wasn’t an MLM like Beachbody. Openfit’s live classes/option won’t be part of the transition and all the beloved live trainers were forced to move on. It’s a sad situation with most subscribers upset about the whole thing.

Andrea Leigh Rogers, who created Xtend Barre, was just announced as Beachbody’s new Super Trainer.

Current Openfit subscribers are allowed to finish up their subscription at the same rate and then will renew at the new Beachbody rate if they choose to stay.
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 07:22 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I love Mossa. It's similar to Les Mills. I prefer their 30 mins workouts better.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-22, 09:34 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillygirl View Post
Beachbody is absorbing most of Openfit programs and will be shutting down Openfit’s app/website in the next week. Beachbody was always the parent company of Openfit but Openfit wasn’t an MLM like Beachbody. Openfit’s live classes/option won’t be part of the transition and all the beloved live trainers were forced to move on. It’s a sad situation with most subscribers upset about the whole thing.

Andrea Leigh Rogers, who created Xtend Barre, was just announced as Beachbody’s new Super Trainer.

Current Openfit subscribers are allowed to finish up their subscription at the same rate and then will renew at the new Beachbody rate if they choose to stay.
I can see why people would be upset

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-22, 10:25 AM  
MARIKA

I hate when companies change their price and give you no notification. Some people would easily have their account overdrawn, luckily thats not me but still irks me. I was so Looking forward to Lift more and was gonna buy in early. I agree with HDW about sending a message. With al of YT there is so much free content that is awesome. Reminded me of back when BB first started and how they were double charging, triple charging surprised they weren't shut down.I remember wanting Slim Series so bad but all the horror stories people were talking about. I emailed them and said I ordered this and there better be no issues. If all goes smooth I belong to this site and I can make business for you, I had the set the very next day. Gotta say it freaked me out
Old 07-28-22, 02:42 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

I re-upped BBOD in January. I guess the price increase was after that, but thanks for the warning.

I had not known until I read this thread that Xtend Barre is now on BBOD. I like the (one and only) Xtend barre DVD but didn't do it a lot. BBOD is my only streaming service. Now I'm thoroughly enjoying Xtend Barre.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-22, 07:01 PM  
suegy3

Beachbody is nothing like the same lame workout dvds. Lol I just joined and paid yearly for $120. Well worth it. I’m enjoying working out again. The Open Fit workouts are awesome!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbod, beachbody on demand, les mills on demand, openfit, streaming costs