Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-15-22, 03:22 PM  
MARIKA

BBOD Doubled in price?

I just got a charge for my 3 month payment and its twice as much as my last?? Is this right? I got no notification about the price going up.
Old 07-16-22, 08:05 AM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I was curious. It looks like they increased their prices. What were you paying before? It appears it was $19.99 and now $24.99?

https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3320

Ellen Barrett just raised her membership prices from $5.95 to $8.95. Rising costs with everything, I guess .

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-22, 08:56 AM  
pharma_gal

Did the yearly price go up too?
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-22, 10:11 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharma_gal View Post
Did the yearly price go up too?

From what I can tell the yearly price is $143.88. I have never subscribed.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-22, 10:15 AM  
fatkat555

THIS is why I prefer to have dvds. I only buy what I want and then can revisit workouts over and over. My collection is large and varied enough that I could probably do a different workout every day for two years (I’m including dvds that have premixes) PLUS I have a thumbdrive with workouts I downloaded from YouTube. I’ve tried the streaming before, not against it, but just find the variety dvds and having the physical workouts on hand can’t be matched. Im not stuck doing one “system”. I’m going to try securing a back up DVD player for when my current one dies. My budget can’t handle those sudden increases. Just my .02.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-22, 12:01 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I recently thought about resubscribing to Beachbody on Demand, but I also noticed their price had increased for the 3 month subscription. I think it used to be around $49 and now it's $75. That's a huge jump. There is no monthly option that I can see, just 3 months for $75 ($25/mo), 6 months for $90 ($15/mo) or 1 year for $120 ($10/mo). If I wanted to sign up again, I would definitely go ahead and do the yearly option, but I'm not that interested at the moment.

Edited: $90 is $15/mo - not $1/mo
Old 07-16-22, 12:01 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
THIS is why I prefer to have dvds. I only buy what I want and then can revisit workouts over and over. My collection is large and varied enough that I could probably do a different workout every day for two years (I’m including dvds that have premixes) PLUS I have a thumbdrive with workouts I downloaded from YouTube. I’ve tried the streaming before, not against it, but just find the variety dvds and having the physical workouts on hand can’t be matched. Im not stuck doing one “system”. I’m going to try securing a back up DVD player for when my current one dies. My budget can’t handle those sudden increases. Just my .02.

And yes, this!
Old 07-16-22, 12:04 PM  
rhbrand

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I recently thought about resubscribing to Beachbody on Demand, but I also noticed their price had increased for the 3 month subscription. I think it used to be around $49 and now it's $75. That's a huge jump. There is no monthly option that I can see, just 3 months for $75 ($25/mo), 6 months for $90 ($1/mo) or 1 year for $120 ($10/mo). If I wanted to sign up again, I would definitely go ahead and do the yearly option, but I'm not that interested at the moment.
I was also pondering the idea of resubscribing, once my new internet gets hooked up, but dang. I can get workouts that are just as good for free on YouTube.
Old 07-16-22, 01:09 PM  
star117

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
I want to get a backup dvd player too ! We had 2 multidisk and one broke already!
star117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-22, 01:40 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

As a consumer, we need to send a message that we are not going to take it. When price increase, and we keep paying -- that sends a message that's its ok. Cancel membership. Once price increased, it's not going down.

I have been enjoying youtube! A better alternative.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bbod, beachbody on demand, les mills on demand, openfit, streaming costs