Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 08-11-22, 09:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi CAMBET.

Oh wow! What a great meeting you had!
LOL. I give you a lot of credit for being able to stop talking BB stuff after 20 minutes. I always love getting the inside scoop on fitness instructors. I can't believe she met all those instructors and participated in those test groups.
Lucky lady. I guess she lived in LA? Well it looks like you found a fitness buddy at work

Nice work on getting your step totals too. I am getting antsy to get moving but I came this far so I'll have to see it through cautiously.

Have a wonderful day!!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-22, 08:34 AM  
cambet

Hi SB,

Well, I took a much needed break from work/my computer for a few days. I closed it on Thursday and didn't open it back up until today.

I've done Country Heat - Dance Mash Up, Trail Ride, Wild Goose Chase, Country Swing, CHE: Wild Horse & Rope and Ride- over the last few days and I've also spent quite a bit of time taking care of tasks around the house and organizing things. Friday I made it to over 10,000 steps, Saturday to over 10,100 steps, and yesterday to over 10,500 steps.

I'm still thrilled about the conversation that I had a work with our Interim HR person because I also like getting the inside scoop , though I do have to admit that I kind of see Autumn (leader of Country Heat) in a different light now after some of the things she shared. She's been living in LA for many years and is just going to be here for 6 months (she has family nearby) and then she's moving back (which is why she is just interim). I'm sure I'll be seeking her out again at some point.

It seems like you've been handling your recovery well and being cautious, and it's a very good sign that you are antsy to start moving again. That'll help motivate you through rehab. You're in the home stretch, so hang in there! I hope you have a good day!
Old 08-15-22, 09:16 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi CAMBET.

Well good for you taking a break from your computer. I'm sure that felt great.
Good job getting over 10K steps too each day. And organizing things is always a big plus in my book. I can see all the things that need doing around here from my perch in the recliner. LOL

Yes I do feel like I'm in the home stretch.
My sister and bil want to come by and take me out for a ride later. It is kind of a hassle to get up and down the stairs but with their help I may just go for it for a change of scenery.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 08-16-22, 08:40 AM  
cambet

Hi SB,

Yesterday I had an evening meeting and didn't get home until after 7:00. Preparing for the meeting meant a lot of running around so, I found that I only needed about 3,000 last night to make it to 10,000. So, I did CH: Giddy Up and made it to over 10,200 steps for the day. I knew that I wouldn't be able to restart Chalene Extreme yesterday (too much going on), but I'm thinking that I will restart today. I have a lot of work to do, but I think that I can fit CE in later.

I still have a lot of organizing to do in the house, but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, so I'm excited about that (this has been a multi-year project that I just never quite got around to finishing).

SB - I hope that you enjoyed the ride with your sister and bil. I imagine that getting out of the house and having a change of scenery was a nice departure for your usual routine these days. I know I'm getting ahead of the situation, but have you thought about what exercising you might be interested in starting out with when you are able? I imagine that you're looking forward to getting back to your walks, but maybe you're also thinking about restarting with weights? I haven't spent much time on GD, but it looks like there's been talk about some new/different workouts. Hope you have a good day!
Old 08-16-22, 09:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi CAMBET.

You're so consistent with reaching 10K steps daily. That's very motivating. Glad your organizing project is finally coming to an end sometime in the foreseeable future.
That's a great feeling.

The ride was a nice change of pace for me yesterday. I was yapping away the whole time. LOL. My DD has been on vacation so I've been home alone more than usual even though DS and his gf do visit often.
But it was nice to be with people and I apparently had a lot to say

I am actually thinking of exercise at this point. I'm thinking probably MR for weights because she does have short effective and safe routines. I'm thinking the walks are probably a little ways off yet as I'll need PT to get my strength back in my leg.
My friend did drop off a cheapie little exercise bike yesterday that I think I may be able to start on when the cast comes off as part of my rehab. I am getting a little excited for that but I don't want to jump the gun. LOL. There is a ton of youtube videos people talk about on GD so there's a lot for me to explore.

Have a wonderful day!!

Old 08-18-22, 07:57 AM  
cambet

Hi SB,

Tuesday I fell asleep after work and didn't wake up until close to midnight. I did get up and do a CH (Cardio Round Up) and made it to 9,955 steps for the day.

Yesterday I mowed the grass in the evening after I got home from work and did CHE: Rope & Ride at in the morning and at night and made it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

I have not returned to Chalene Extreme and now I'm realizing that I don't know if I will. My administrative assistant tested positive for covid the other day and I had given her some tasks to do in preparation for the arrival of our international visiting faculty (one arrives today and the other tomorrow). The last two days haven't turned out as I had planned because I've had extra things on my plate taking care of the things that she can't. It's frustrating. Country Heat is just more my speed these days. At this point I don't even know if I would try to pick up where I left off 3 weeks ago with CE or just start over. Classes start in two weeks and work is already ramping up. We'll see. I am glad to be getting in my 10,000 steps a day with Country Heat. (the last several days I've found myself with 6,000-7,000 steps at night and I know that if I do a CH I'll make it to over 10,000 steps for the day, so I do it, but oftentimes, I really don't feel like it. So, making it to the 10,000 steps is a real motivator these days).

SB - I'm glad that you got the chance to get out and yap it up! Recovering from an injury can be very isolating, so it makes sense that when you get out and spend time with different people, you'd have a lot to say. It's great that you're already thinking about exercising, and I know that you enjoy MR, so she would be a great place to restart with weights. I know I got a little ahead of myself talking about restarting your walks, but I'm projecting way into the future. I know you'll get there eventually, and the fact that you are a long-time exerciser will probably help with your rehab. I can't keep up with all of the YT workouts that get mentioned on GD these days, but it's nice that there are so many options! Hope you have a good day!
Old 08-19-22, 09:25 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi CAMBET.

That's totally understandable that you may not be able to get back to CE with your work schedule ramping up. I just want to say that I think you did an amazing job with the program and you saw some great gains and progress. You should be very proud of what you did!! I was very inspired by your journey, you sure did get out of your comfort zone. Well done. I'm still very impressed with your efforts to reach 10K steps most days too.

No worries on getting ahead of yourself with my walking. I've been getting ahead of myself too. I'm just so done with this cast and this broken ankle. But I still have a ways to go so I'm still practicing caution.

My friend's son completed his fireman training and got a job as a fireman and she's having a surprise party for him tomorrow. I'm so tempted to go but it just might be more effort than it's worth.
I'm still mulling it over.

Well I'm off to the ortho soon. I'll report back tomorrow.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 08-20-22, 09:53 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi CAMBET.

Well the cast came off yesterday! Woohoo!
I'm in a boot and I'm still non weight bearing for another week so not too much has changed really. The only upside is I can take the boot off to shower and sleep. After a week I can slowly start to put a little weight on the injured leg with the assistance of my walker/scooter. After 2 weeks I go back and we'll re-assess.

She couldn't see the fracture on the xray so presumably it healed which is great. But bone takes a minimum of 6 to 12 weeks to re-form so that's why I still have to be very cautious. But it's progress so I'm happy about that.

I hope you're enjoying your weekend!! Make it a great one!
Old 08-21-22, 09:01 AM  
cambet

Good Morning!

The last few days have been challenging. Since my adm assist is out with covid (she's doing fine; very mild symptoms) I had to do the grocery shopping for our international visiting faculty. The guy in charge of their apartments had assured me that they were clean and ready for occupancy. However, when I got there I found that one was lacking almost everything. No bed linens, no bed pillows, no towels, no silverware, no cookware, no trash can, no toilet paper, etc. The other apt was also lacking a few things. So I had to go the store the next day and buy everything and then go and set up the apt (I invited the international visiting faculty member who arrived on Thursday to go with me). I was thinking: I have so much too do, and here I am making a bed and hanging a decent shower curtain. I was occupied by that situation from about 10 am to 5:00 pm (other things happened also that needed my attention). Later I hung out with two of the Italy crew (we hadn't seen each other in weeks since they had been out of town) and I had a margarita to take the edge off (and pizza ).

By the time I got home I already had close to 10,000 steps, so I did some of of CH: Bring the Heat to make it to over 10,200 steps for the day.

Yesterday, I finally got my second booster. I had did a lot of organizing around the house (I've itched even closer to finishing this house organizing project before classes start. I think it's going to really happen this time; I'm actually going to finish. I finished Bring the Heat and did CHE: Rope & Ride and half of Wild Goose Chase. Made it to over 11,600 steps for the day.

SB - Woo hoo!!! (this is supposed to be cheering). Congrats on getting the cast off!! It must feel great! I know you still want to be careful, but you are on the way to complete healing and I'm so happy and excited for you. Such good news that she couldn't see the fracture anymore, so you know it has healed, and it sounds like you are still very aware of needing time for the bone to reform, so you'll be cautious. You can see the light at the end of the tunnel. . I'll be interested to continue to hear about your progress and what you find yourself being able to do as time goes on. Thanks for your very encouraging words about me not continuing CE. I'm bummed/disappointed about it, but I have decided that it just is what it is and I'm not going to dwell on it. In the back of my mind I'm thinking that maybe after classes start and I get into a routine, maybe I can try to revisit it when I get on the other side of the madness that is the start of the semester. Hope you have a great day!
Old 08-21-22, 11:28 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi CAMBET.

I'm glad you were able to make such progress with your home organization project. Also glad you were able to unwind with friends, food & drink!

It never ceases to amaze me how half-assed some people are in doing their jobs.
I can't believe the apartments were left with no bed linens and supplies!! You are so good to pick up the slack all the time.
I would have called that guy and let him know what I thought of his work ethic.
Easy for me to say of course from my vantage point here. LOL. Good job on your step totals.

Thanks for the cheers. I'll definitely keep you updated on my (slow but hopefully steady) progress

Have a great day!!