Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-19-22, 03:23 PM  
TinaT

Is T-Tapp comparable to CS or Barre?

My neighbor is moving and just stopped by within the last hour to give me some T-Tapp workouts she doesn't want anymore. I have never thought of trying T-Tapp. I kind of considered it to be similar to CS or a barre type workout.??

She gave me:
Fit & Fabulous in 15 Minutes Book with DVD
T-Tapp Tempo 2 DVD
Yes, You Can T-Tapp DVD
Barefoot Basics+ DVD
Healthy Hormones Brain-Body Fitness DVD
Total Body Workout w/2 DVD
Basic Workout Plus w/1 DVD

4 of them are new/sealed. The others don't appear to be used much.

Who has had good results using this method? I like my two seasons of CS I own and when I'm in a Barre mood, I reach for Suzanne Bowen. Am I missing out on anything with T-Tapp?

Thanks for helping fill in the blanks.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 03:52 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I think T-Tapp is very different from CS/Ess. To me it feels very calisthenic based. CS is flow, with some strengthening and balance. I think the two methods are complimentary.

Demeris should chime in as I know she has done both methods for years and finds benefit with both CS/Ess and T-Tapp.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 04:09 PM  
Demeris

Here I am!

I love them both, and I believe that Teresa's understanding of the human body was very similar to Miranda's.

Teresa started out as a physical therapist, Miranda as a dancer.

Jackie points out the calisthenic nature of T-Tapp, which is controlled movement in perfect form. Miranda achieves very similar results with flowing movements, although she, also, pays attention to form.

Since you are brand new to T-Tapp, if you do choose to use the dvds, I would suggest starting with either Healthy Hormones or Basic Workout +

You can get an idea of her method with the dvd that comes with the book.

If you decide you don't want them, I'll happily take them off your hands.

Although in total honesty I need to inform you that these workouts are in high demand since Teresa's death and her estate still being in escrow.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 04:43 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I think both Miranda and Theresa are geniuses with their methods.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 05:00 PM  
OSusanna

I think T-tapp is not necessary however I think that it can be advantageous to some people. I did it exclusively for a year and I cannot say that I had spectacular results, but I definitely kept my muscle tone and my cardio fitness. I don’t think that any of the DVDs that you mentioned were floor workouts. That is a shame, because her floor workouts are very very good.

They are certainly worth trying, because you may find that they are working muscles in a way that haven’t been worked in that particular way. I think that the brain body component and the focus on form is where this program shines. I think classical stretch gets there also but T tapp requires a little more concentration.

If you do the workouts they should get harder the more you do them because your form is supposed to get better and you’ll always be working those muscles. So one really great thing is that you’ll never be above these workouts.

In the end I think it all comes down to preference and I remember some people commenting on this forum that they did not like these workouts at all and they had very good in valid reasons for that.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-22, 05:24 PM  
TinaT

I am definitely intrigued by all your comments. I love and appreciate Miranda's method of CS/Essentrics, so I will give T-Tapp an honest effort to see if this method would be something to add to my workout regiment.

I guess I need to look up Teresa Tapp and do my research as well. Her passing was not on my radar at all.
Old 04-20-22, 11:25 AM  
donnamp

I dabbled in T-Tapp from time to time, but it never really clicked with me. I am willing to try it again, though, you just never know.

Check out You Tube for samples, there are quite a few

Basic Plus:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mOlxNpsjg0

There are others as well, including floorwork!

I am sort of thinking maybe Basic Plus will be a nice thing to do as a break from sitting at work....

You could at least try You Tube out to see if it is something you would like.

Donna
donnamp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-22, 08:59 AM  
TinaT

I'm on the fence with this method after trying it. We'll see.
Old 04-21-22, 09:04 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I'm on the fence with this method after trying it. We'll see.
There's a learning curve. When I discovered T-Tapp, 22+ years ago, Teresa's forum was quite active, and I got lots of help there. I know that some of the trainers are on Facebook, and some of them have youtube channels.

If you do want help, I'm certain they would answer all your questions, especially Trisch Richardson.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-22, 09:09 AM  
TinaT

Thank you Demeris.

Tags
classical stretch, t tapp, t-tapp results, ttapp