Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-07-22, 03:21 PM  
Leonana

Today was Jessica’s YT Back Friendly Strength workout. I haven’t completely recovered from Monday’s workout. I remember that Debra from Flipping 50, at least I think it was her, said that after menopause, you need two recovery days after a strength workout. I think I’ll do the push day workout on Monday, then the moderate on Thursday and light on Saturday. With walking and yoga/stretch in between. Of course, I keep forgetting to do stretching and yoga, it’s my least favorite I guess!

We had colder weather the last two weeks, in the 50’s/30’s. Now it’s warming up, today is supposed to reach 71. But lows are in the 40’s, so it still feels cold to me.

Donna, I looked at LL’s most recent workout, and it did look more challenging than I remembered. I decided I wasn’t up for weights and walking today.

Pam, your internet issue does sound frustrating. Good luck with the snow!
Old 01-07-22, 07:40 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Snow day today and nothing else. Spent over an hour with the shovel, and was spent afterwards.

We played a board game this afternoon so I didn't get much done...a bit of laundry.

Enjoy your weekend!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-22, 09:18 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Hi everyone! Been busy since the new year started and just haven't had a chance to post, but I've been plugging away with Lift & Shift. I haven't been following the schedule and take an extra rest day here and there.

It snowed here yesterday (5") but I didn't shovel it. I hired someone to do it this season for the first time because my nephew used to help, but he moved away and I can't do it myself anymore. My other nephew isn't around enough, so it was time to hang up my shovel. Around here, if you want someone to do your snow removal, you have to sign up with a company (usually a landscaping company that also does snow removal) for the entire season, so that's what I did. I'm so used to doing it myself that it felt strange yesterday to not be out there, but I think it's for the best.

The CEO announced we are postponing our return to the office until early March, thank goodness. I have a feeling it will need to be postponed again.

I have a lot of work to do around the house today, so better get to it. Have a great day!
Old 01-08-22, 03:26 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Today was 40 minute incline walk on the treadmill. I've been hearing so much about how much more calories are burned on an incline, hence my decision to get back on the treadmill. I think it's a selling point for treadmill purchases. ;-)

wishiwasinhawaii, that's great news about the postponement!

Current Rotation:
Old 01-09-22, 01:10 AM  
Leonana

Today was yoga, Flexibility and Relaxation from Jessica’s Gentle Yoga Stretch dvd. I also did a bit of yard work. Instead of shoveling snow, I’m pulling weeds.

wishiwasinhawaii, I’m glad you don’t have to go in to the office. The snow removal sounds like a smart decision. Good job with Lift and Shift. I like the workouts, but boy they wear me out. Jessica mentioned in Total Body that she does 20 reps because most home exercisers don’t have heavy weights. If you do, you can do less reps. I’m thinking of doing less reps, but with my 10 pounds.

Pam, I used to do the treadmill at the gym when I was in my 30’s. The incline did feel harder. I need to get dh to play a board game with me. He tends to play when we have people over.
Old 01-09-22, 01:13 PM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I think I missed checking in yesterday so I'll catch up today. I have been on an Ellen kick~

Saturday - Ellen - 4 Elements Flow; Yoga Mat Work

Sunday - Ellen - Upper Body Blast, Inner & Outer Thigh, Affirmative Flow

I keep saying i need to do harder workouts, but I really find it hard to motivate myself to do so - so Ellen it is for now.

This coming week is likely going to be painting - probably towards the end of the week so I will have to make my workouts fit around the chaos. I'm glad to be getting this stuff done though - we postponed it for a long time - working from home makes it easier b/c I'm here to keep an eye on the dogs.

At some point I need to refresh my bathrooms and kitchen.

Pam - nice work - I may hop on my underused treadmill at some point! LOL!

wishiwasinhawaii - that sounds like a smart decision about the snow removal. That is something we should consider, too. Maybe once DH retires - he needs to go into work and we couldn't necessarily wait for a service to get to us - but I'm ready to NOT be shoveling. DD is still home and she helps out. I'm glad your return to work is postponed. Honestly, I don't see how any company can force people back if they have been working a home successfully for almost 2 years!! I'm glad we aren't going back and I hope we don't ever go back to full time in the office.

Waves, Sherry and Liz!!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-22, 10:26 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Only had time for a treadmill walk today (35 minutes.) Will try to get some yoga or Qi Gong in before bedtime.

Current Rotation:
Old 01-09-22, 10:46 PM  
Leonana

Today, I did a short 10 Minute HIIT with Body Fit by Amy. I liked it, it got the heart rate up. Then I did a one mile abs and glutes walk with Jessica Smith.

I’m doing my volunteer filing tomorrow instead of Thursday. They weren’t ready for me last Thursday, so pushed it to Monday. Although, I don’t think I can fit the push workout in before I go to their office. I finally figure out a workout schedule and it’s messed up the first week lol.
Old 01-10-22, 09:02 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning was:

Ellen - Barefoot Cardio
Yoga w/ Kassandra - Monday Morning Gentle Yoga and Affirmation - this is part of her new 7 day series - 15 min of yoga and 5 min meditation/affirmation. I did enjoy doing this today!

Yesterday for an add on I did the Walk and Stretch from Jessica's 4 Day Plan - I can't remember the name of the DVD - but it has Tred and Shred, HIIT, and a Core Workout. I enjoyed doing the 15 min cardio plus the 15 min stretch for some extra activity.

It is going to be cold here, YUCK!

And our painting work begins on Thursday - so I'll be planning my workouts around the chaos. It will be good to have it done.

Sherry - LOL, the best laid plans......

Hope everyone has a good start to the week.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-22, 01:43 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Lift with Cee 40-4-40 (workout three!)

Hello Ladies,

Back to the strength training today and another good workout with Cee! I also did the eight minute warmup, which I'd neglected this past week. Shame on me.

Donna, hope the painting project goes well!

Sherry, I might pull out some of Jessica's yoga workouts again. It's been too long!

wishiwasinhawaii, when I first got frozen shoulder (a few years ago) there was no way I was lifting heavy snow! I like to be able to shovel (when I can) but that's not always possible. Good for you for finding a company to do so for you!

Current Rotation:

Tags
tablet