Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-18-21, 03:48 PM  
fanofladyvols

Tina it's great that you had an open mind to try though. Keeps things interesting and reinforces what you do enjoy.

I have tried to do different instructors with walking only workouts and barre. Just not my bag..but like wendy said, I have tons to keep me busy

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 05:07 PM  
kat999

Not everybody clicks with everybody! I love Jessica, but I mostly just do a few of her DVDs, not her YT stuff too much. The one I've tried to like but just can't is Cathe, not because of her personality but the sheer level of impact and complexity of her stuff. I really, really, REALLY want to get into her, but I just think she's not for me.

I also tried qi gong and tai chi and just find them irritatingly boring. The slow speed combined with controlled movements trigger me somehow, making me want to either hold a static pose more like a yoga move or speed the movements up and make it more of a dynamic martial arts workout. I have generalized anxiety, so it's the exact type of workout I SHOULD be doing, yet that same anxiety makes me just so annoyed by it.
Old 02-18-21, 05:19 PM  
Leonana

Popular ones that didn’t work for me are Lucy Wyndham Reed and Cathe (although I only did one workout). I guess it is a personal thing, different instructors work for different people.

I mostly do Jessica Smith, so can relate to being limited, although I’m on the opposite side lol.
Old 02-18-21, 05:27 PM  
Sarah O.
VF Supporter

I haven’t even gotten myself to try anyone new since I started working out again. There’s been like a decade’s worth of new workouts and instructors out there but I keep reaching for my Firms. I’m finding them so motivating right now, so I guess I’m just going to stick with what’s working. Oh, I have tried the two Fitprime workouts with Keli Roberts. I had never done any Fitprimes before, but I’m not sure that counts as trying someone new since I’ve loved Keli from back in her step days and the workouts are so reminiscent of the original Firms!
Sarah O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 06:01 PM  
TinaT

I guess I need to stop spending money on thinking I need to try different instructors for awhile and just use what I have. Actually, my Jumpsport Rebounder gets the most use, but out of my dvds, it's the FIRM and Fitprimes/Kickbutts. I need to allow myself to be content.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 07:56 PM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I tried, for the 3rd time, to give Jessica a try. What's not to love about all her 4-limb routines and no impact cardio that I'm totally in to?! Yet, I find myself stopping about 15 minutes in and changing to something else. I adore her personality, as I've stated several times... yet my motivation isn't there.

I end up jumping on the rebounder to finish my workout time. I really do want to expand beyond my Firms and Fitprimes. Dash it all Ann Benson!! LOL

What instructor or method have you tried more than once wishing they or it would click with you?
what JS have you tried, i've been thinking about buying some of her stuff. i mainly do Cathe, Firm, and KCM
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 08:17 PM  
TinaT

Quote:
what JS have you tried, i've been thinking about buying some of her stuff. I mainly do Cathe, Firm, and KCM
schoolgirl-01 ~

Walk Strong 3
WS Build Balance + Inner Strength
WS Boost Metabolism + Muscle
Feel Good Fusion

Most folks really enjoy these titles.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 08:40 PM  
Tugger31

For me, never clicked with The FIRM or Classical Stretch/Essentrics.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 09:07 PM  
lizh

I never liked anything other than The Firm for a million years, but something clicked with me and Jessica at the start of the pandemic. I've been doing her workouts pretty much exclusively for the past year. I still see myself going back to The Firm someday though.

Jessica's workouts all have a distinct rhythm. I'm not sure if I am describing it correctly, but she does two or three moves and then she repeats. But it is not always the same or predictable. All that to say, once I got into it, I really liked it.

Nothing wrong with The Firm though!
Liz
lizh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-21, 09:24 PM  
schoolgirl-01

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
schoolgirl-01 ~

Walk Strong 3
WS Build Balance + Inner Strength
WS Boost Metabolism + Muscle
Feel Good Fusion

Most folks really enjoy these titles.
the 1st three are the ones i've been thinking about getting.
schoolgirl-01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instructors, joni-o