Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-20-20, 09:20 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherBear View Post
Me too. I have fond memories of my mom, pop and brother in a station wagon. Us kids with sleeping bags.
I have these memories, too, only with more siblings.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-20, 10:15 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gams View Post
Lately I have felt like I am living in a very hostile atmosphere, so today I went through the McDonald’s drive through to get breakfast for my dad and stepmom and thought it would be an upbeat move to pay for the people in line behind me. I ended up pulling forward and having to wait for hash browns as did the car behind me. They rolled down their windows and thanked me profusely for buying their breakfast and said it made them feel better because they had just come from the crematorium where they had picked up their mother’s ashes. So glad I did what I did.
bless you, Gams. very proud that i know you.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-20, 09:14 AM  
buffmama

My Mom is losing weight and getting healthier. She started walking since she has literally nothing else to do and eating a little bit better since I do the shopping - and that's with multiple containers of ice cream requested weekly! I tell her to keep it up and step it up.
Old 05-22-20, 08:12 AM  
cyana

My number one silver lining - the quiet due to reduced traffic. While I don't live in a high traffic neighborhood, there's a private school close by (which means twice a day carpool since they don't have buses), as well as some nearby offices and medical facilities with some cut through traffic from those. I grew up in a semi-rural area, so I'm loving being able to sit here and hear nothing or simply enjoy the bird songs.

I read where one family in the UK has developed a "quarantea" routine daily. The whole family - including the kids - is involved. I think this is a great idea. We visited the UK when our son was in the 5th grade and we'd have tea every evening when we got in from playing tourist. My son loved serving tea and I've found myself taking the time to really appreciate sitting with a cup of tea recently.

Gams - That was a lovely gesture, and a great reminder that we don't have to "go big" to make a difference in someone's day.

suzannaerin - I got a chuckle from that Ruth Buzzi quote!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 12:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i cut my own hair!

i've been cutting my kids' and DH's hair for many years. nowadays, the kids go to Great Clips, but during the pandemic, they've been letting it grow. recently, my SIL cut 2 of the kids' hair. she has offered to cut ours, however, i felt she had plenty to do and didn't want to impose.

what inspired me was my sister borrowed a knock-off of the CreaClip - hair-cutting guides that you secure to a section of hair. i watched several videos on using the Creaclip, in addition to people who used the "rubber band method" of layering your hair. my hair is should-length, so i paid particular attention to videos of users with shorter hair. if you have long hair, it's easier.

i used the knockoff creaclip, which worked splendidly. i also bought 2 sets of these knock-off creaclips from eBay for a something like $9 each.

another quarantine plus is that our family has saved a lot of money on gas. all of us drive, including DS17.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
Old 04-29-21, 05:41 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

when i am in virtual meetings as a participant (vs. host or panelist), I walk back and forth in our house and get lots of steps in!

absence makes the heart grow fonder:
I spent a few days in the office, and there were 3 other people in the office. we had the ENTIRE floor to ourselves, so we were all excited to see each other. we were laughing (at a distance of course) and they occasionally came by to ask questions. these 3 people are outside of my immediate work group, however we are all under the same VP's area.

we just moved buildings, so 2 of the gentlemen helped get my laptop and phone connected after my epic fail in trying to re-connect everything.

Old 04-30-21, 06:36 AM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

It's good that you got the chance to have some more normal interactions at work.

For me, I've gotten more work doing one-on-one software training via Zoom than I ever thought I'd have when I signed up on the site pre-pandemic.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coronavirus, covid-19