Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-18-19, 02:36 PM  
laurajhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Laura, is it the yoga one that you think is a desert island candidate? Can you explain what it is you like about it?
You're right - it's the yoga one that is my desert island candidate, and Fatkat is going for the ballet one - but I remember liking all three!

Hm, what is it about the yoga ... the pace, the level - doable but challenging - and Janice's instruction and vibe: clear, matter-of-fact, calming.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 03:00 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytbody View Post
boy is she beautiful. gracefull and i wanna be like that
For sure!!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 05:14 PM  
laurajhawk

Here's a thread with more info on all three workouts. I really did like the ballet as well as the yoga... now I want to do them both again this week.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-19, 07:17 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurajhawk View Post
You're right - it's the yoga one that is my desert island candidate, and Fatkat is going for the ballet one - but I remember liking all three!

Hm, what is it about the yoga ... the pace, the level - doable but challenging - and Janice's instruction and vibe: clear, matter-of-fact, calming.
Thanks! I'm off to look at the thread you referenced in this thread.....
Old 11-18-19, 09:49 PM  
fanofladyvols

Anyone know what level the pilates DVD is?
Beginner, intermediate, advanced?

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 11-19-19, 09:32 AM  
Rhonda

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr_JkYN17oY

video clip of Janice Lennard and how she bounced back after surgery and a little background.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 09:48 AM  
Pam

Thanks everyone for enabling me! I have ordered Janice’s set. I think this will be perfect to help me to recover from a lower back injury from a recent fall from an extension ladder.
Old 11-19-19, 11:30 AM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Janice is amazing. I have her yoga DVD and love it.

What I like about it:

Her incredible grace

Her voice

The way it flows

The music

The set

I feel like I am at a private lesson, because she is practicing solo.

Note--Janice does not offer modifications and there are a few things she can do that I simply can't, so I self-modify. If someone wants form tips and modifications, they aren't there. This isn't a criticism, merely an observation.

The other thing I really like about the yoga video is that while Janice is an older instructor, the level of this video is not aimed at beginners or the infirm. Janice is not Jane Adams, in other words.

I've seen clips of Janice's pilates and barre videos and they aren't for beginners to my eye. Janice is a trained ballerina and has been teaching for years. It really shows. I find her incredibly inspiring.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-19, 11:06 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Thanks for your comments on the yoga video, Betsy. You and Laura have definitely tempted me on that one. Do I *need* another yoga dvd? No, but do I want it? Yes......
Old 02-10-20, 11:37 AM  
fanofladyvols

Janice Lennard has a sale

Coupon valentine2020 for 30% off DVDs

Tags
black fitness instructor, inspiration, inspirational, janice lennard