Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-12-19, 12:49 PM  
MARIKA

JNL alternates between 30 seconds of a strength move then 30 seconds of cardio for 3 sets then she moves on. I'm doing this again now. I think its great you can heavy or light whatever you feel. I do the cardio on my rebounder.This is prob my most used set.
Old 11-12-19, 01:18 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockhart View Post
I just looked at it on Total Fitness DVDs I think
I guess find the workout on the reviews section and try one. It's the number of reps and exercises for each body part that makes her workouts effective. Nothing special about a particular exercise.
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 02:15 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugger31 View Post
Which of Joyce's books are you using?
I started with Fat Burning. It's split into upper and lower (+ abs). Set up as a modified pyramid for the upper. It's not super clear for the lower, but doesn't seem to be set up as a pyramid. Part of that is because for the butt exercises, no weights are used.
Old 11-12-19, 02:41 PM  
eventmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I started with Fat Burning. It's split into upper and lower (+ abs). Set up as a modified pyramid for the upper. It's not super clear for the lower, but doesn't seem to be set up as a pyramid. Part of that is because for the butt exercises, no weights are used.
Joyce does not use weights for hip/butt - she says that weights on that body part will build not trim. For any unweighted exercise she does 3 sets of 15 since she is not pyramiding.

If you haven't seen it, here is the link to the everything joyce thread. It has some great info on her approach.

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...threadid=23916
eventmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 04:36 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockhart View Post
Hi all!
Do any of you know if there is a program or weightlifting schedule that is lower weights/high reps? I mean like a bodybuilding program with different body parts on different days, and like the High Reps/Muscle Max type of format. I love working out with high reps but would like maybe a more intense type of workout rather than just spending 5-10 minutes per body part like on the total body DVDs.
Thanks!
Stacey
Hi Stacey, when you say lower weight/high reps, what do you mean? I meant, what would you consider lower weight? And what would you consider high reps? Just asking, because I have been checking in my collection to see if I have anything that look like it. I have some workouts that use 12-10-8 reps classic pyramid style, where you increase your weights as you do less reps, but I don't consider them lower weigh/high reps (Body Beast, for example), I thought high reps would be something like 15 reps or more each set with the same weight (?).

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 04:39 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

I don't see any JNL workouts at Total Fitness DVDs.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-19, 11:41 PM  
ADoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
JNL alternates between 30 seconds of a strength move then 30 seconds of cardio for 3 sets then she moves on. I'm doing this again now. I think its great you can heavy or light whatever you feel. I do the cardio on my rebounder.This is prob my most used set.
That’s my most used set too.
ADoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 07:51 AM  
Rhonda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I don't see any JNL workouts at Total Fitness DVDs.
As far as I know TotalFitness doesn't and never has sold JNL I think they were talking about Joyce's workouts.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 08:07 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
As far as I know TotalFitness doesn't and never has sold JNL I think they were talking about Joyce's workouts.
I wondered about that, but there are no Joyce workouts there either.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-19, 10:35 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
I wondered about that, but there are no Joyce workouts there either.
I was wondering if she meant the Joyce clips at Collage. Those are pretty short clips so hard to get an idea of how easy/tough the workout might be, I think.

Tags
100 rep challenge, cathe 100 rep challenge, high rep, high reps, joyce vedral