Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-12-17, 12:55 PM  
Suzan66

I, too, would just go with original Thighmatics..
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-17, 01:15 PM  
carly

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
I would imagine there is no way they'd turn down a sale. I am curious why these are being released so quickly when he has so many unfinished series I and others are waiting on. I just feel like he has abandoned all his previous teachings (even the series yet unfinished) and has completely moved on. Just strange to me.

Suzie - i love blitz and these look way too intense for me.
I think it is all money driven. Overtime sales on older products probably fell off so he has constantly been trying to find the next big thing. I'm sure he has found that the quick sales and pre-order discounts bring in more money and keep more buyers on the hook longer.

Also, I have often felt his sporadic product sale dates have been more of a reflection that the rent is due and he is living paycheck to paycheck. I wish he would plan to put some of those profits into a better sound system..I think some clients left due to the poor quality echoing sound issues. And finish up that yoga series! How hard can it be.
carly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-17, 04:54 PM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly View Post
I think it is all money driven. Overtime sales on older products probably fell off so he has constantly been trying to find the next big thing. I'm sure he has found that the quick sales and pre-order discounts bring in more money and keep more buyers on the hook longer.

Also, I have often felt his sporadic product sale dates have been more of a reflection that the rent is due and he is living paycheck to paycheck. I wish he would plan to put some of those profits into a better sound system..I think some clients left due to the poor quality echoing sound issues. And finish up that yoga series! How hard can it be.

Sorry, but I think is rather harsh and totally untrue. He is extremely generous.. just very busy.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-17, 08:13 AM  
upperwside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
Sorry, but I think is rather harsh and totally untrue. He is extremely generous.. just very busy.
I agree.. totally untrue and harsh. He has the best customer service.. and am sure is very very busy with clients in London.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-17, 08:00 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

I agree -- the customer service is fantastic. They don't always get back immediately, but given the time difference and all, it's pretty prompt and it doesn't seem to matter what day of the week it is.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 05:56 PM  
LaCatrina

Well, last I heard, Hamelin isn't running a non-profit. Of course he films videos and releases workouts to make a living, like most of us. He travels quite a bit with clients, and he trains a lot of people one-on-one in London.

I can think of few trainers that have released so many workouts for free. In fact, he just posted the fourth class for everyone to try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWIRmVk-mUE&t=1897s and a few days ago he released another full-length trampoline video that can be found in his open Facebook page.

He's a one man show, and as such, delays can happen and there's no extra trainers to pick up the slack, like when Tracy Anderson was pregnant and had two of her master trainers filming continuity

In my experience, like it has been mentioned, Hamelin is very generous, he genuinely cares about his work and he keeps on improving and evolving. Also, he's great at taking suggestions on board, so I would email his office with any suggestion or comment.

In any case, whenever he's late he throws in something extra. It wouldn't surprise me if that's the case this time around as well.

Inspired by the latest Tonique thread by ebianco, I'm going to do my best to describe the workouts in this series after trying them all. I've done 1, 2 and 3. Tomorrow I'm doing #4 After I complete them twice I'll post about them in detail
Old 08-14-17, 06:12 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
I can think of few trainers that have released so many workouts for free. In fact, he just posted the fourth class for everyone to try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWIRmVk-mUE&t=1897s and a f:
Ok now how is this different than when someone posted the thighmatics link they found on YouTube? People chimed in upset and to take it down because they had paid for it. I paid for this exclusive 4 workout & now it's posted for free?

I understand he's a "one man" show as it pertains to filming but when he's releasing new, recently filmed workouts (for instance the exclusives) before he finishes previous series I am waiting on & have paid for it bothers me. There's no new income with finishing series, but there is with the exclusives. And also it seems that he has abandoned the previous offerings (HDM courses, DMW series, yoga series) for the new direction his method is taking - before even finishing releasing them. I don't understand that. He's moved on with his style & method so it seems he no longer cares for the unfinished series.

I do love the blitz workouts as much as the next person. It's just I have money invested in series I haven't even received yet & they're pretty much obsolete.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 06:35 PM  
LaCatrina

Sue, Youtube gives people the option of making videos "unlisted" (see the gray padlock at the left of the title of any of your purchases). That's how Hamelin distributes the content. The video that was posted was the private link for Thighmatics, the one that is sent out to the people that pay for the workout.

He posted the video on Facebook and it's open for view in his Youtube page. He has made public many videos on his paid series.

I can't possibly know what's on his mind, or what's his thought process, but obviously you're welcome to email him directly and ask him about it. Delays are frustrating, that's for sure, but I'm up to my ears in content I'm yet to try, so I don't mind waiting.

At least I can say I've gotten what I paid for, sometimes with extras, which hasn't been my experience with some other trainers that have online offerings.
Old 08-14-17, 06:38 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaCatrina View Post
Sue, Youtube gives people the option of making videos "unlisted" (see the gray padlock at the left of the title of any of your purchases). That's how Hamelin distributes the content. The video that was posted was the private link for Thighmatics, the one that is sent out to the people that pay for the workout.

He posted the video on Facebook and it's open for view in his Youtube page. He has made public many videos on his paid series.

I can't possibly know what's on his mind, or what's his thought process, but obviously you're welcome to email him directly and ask him about it. Delays are frustrating, that's for sure, but I'm up to my ears in content I'm yet to try, so I don't mind waiting.

At least I can say I've gotten what I paid for, sometimes with extras, which hasn't been my experience with some other trainers that have online offerings.
Ah I see. I didn't realize it was a private link. Thanks

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-17, 08:16 PM  
dmlarue1

I do understand the frustration of not getting your deliveries when you expected. for example the yoga course was supposed to be once a month and it hasn't been. ys 1 came to my inbox 10/16 and ys2a showed up 12/18 and ys2b came 2/23. it was listed as 2 courses every month for 6 months. exclusives are new within the last month or so...

also it is frustrating when you are told that all the money you spent on his other courses is a waste because those courses are obsolete (what I have seen basically on facebook group) and now you need to get blitzmatics...plus don't forget you need a slant board, bosu, etc.

I have emailed them about the yoga series, will let you know if I hear anything
dmlarue1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hamelin, hamelin d'abell, hamelin d'abell method, hdm