Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-08-15, 02:07 PM  
Sharaz

I believe the OP is looking for a round butt. I asked and she wanted it bigger. In order to makes it bigger, muscle must be builded. IMHO The most effective way to build muscle is via weight training. Exercises selection which actually target all 3 glutes muscles, full range of motion, controlled movements, time under tension, intensity, challenging the muscle with weights among other things to make it growth.

I have seen many pictures of ballerinas. I also own a couple of ballet/barre dvd's. Some may have perky butts, but not what I consider ROUND. For example, Ingrid Romero is what I consider a ROUND butt. Of course not everyone wants a round butt and that's okay

OP - I highly recommend Edge Booty Extreme if you prefer to workout with dvd's. This series is all about butt building.
Old 08-08-15, 05:44 PM  
Ecossaise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
I have seen many pictures of ballerinas. I also own a couple of ballet/barre dvd's. Some may have perky butts, but not what I consider ROUND. For example, Ingrid Romero is what I consider a ROUND butt. Of course not everyone wants a round butt and that's okay
Gotcha. I was thinking small but lifted (which is why ballet was nice for me because I never had much of a derriere and was OK with that but the perk up was a nice side effect). Definitely a different look from fitness models. I agree to get it bigger there needs to be a lot of muscle (or a lot of fat--probably not what OP wants!).
Ecossaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-15, 08:10 PM  
twinkletoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharaz View Post
I believe the OP is looking for a round butt. I asked and she wanted it bigger. In order to makes it bigger, muscle must be builded. IMHO The most effective way to build muscle is via weight training. Exercises selection which actually target all 3 glutes muscles, full range of motion, controlled movements, time under tension, intensity, challenging the muscle with weights among other things to make it growth.

OP - I highly recommend Edge Booty Extreme if you prefer to workout with dvd's. This series is all about butt building.
Exactly this!

I'll look at your links and websites (haven't had much time lately) and I'm gonna start Leaner Legs and focusing on heavier weight DVDs (and step for cardio). I'm so tempted to get EBE2 (the first one is too much money for 4 short workouts)...but I should probably just use the lower body DVDs I already have.

Unless you REALLY think I should get EBE2...
Old 08-08-15, 08:21 PM  
TinierTina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecossaise View Post
Gotcha. I was thinking small but lifted (which is why ballet was nice for me because I never had much of a derriere and was OK with that but the perk up was a nice side effect). Definitely a different look from fitness models. I agree to get it bigger there needs to be a lot of muscle (or a lot of fat--probably not what OP wants!).
Obviously, Jen Selter does not do anywhere near like the videos I do in my rotation; and what she does do, she does really a lot of [and it probably involves a lot of pumping iron or machine weights; and not machine, etc. pilates]. A jazz dancer/world dance dancer/ballet dancer's butt is not like hers.

Yeah, and, certain high-caloric eating. For grace, still; but also for pulchritude.

-Bettina

"If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you"?! REALLY!! If it doesn't serve me, it doesn't save me!!
TinierTina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-15, 02:09 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Butt Booster... You gotta squeeze those glutes, to get to know them better and find that mind-butt connection!

Here is another Butt Booster.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-15, 08:16 AM  
Chomper

There was an interesting discussion on reddit's fitness for women board about butt implants. I am only bringing it up because Jen Selter was mentioned specifically in this thread and that thread. I am not an expert by any means in either butt implants or butt sculpting exercises. (I have been blessed with a big butt naturally that responds well to posterior chain exercises, and I love working my posterior chain) But I thought it was interesting that some people said you cannot have a naturally huge sculpted butt without having also some serious quads and hamstrings. It makes sense to me that that would be generally true, but I think that there will always be a few exceptions. just like there are some skinny women with naturally large breasts. It does happen.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xxfitness/c...ram_and_blogs/
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-15, 08:30 AM  
suzannaerin

Pauline, the Butt Bible lady. She's much more restrained in that butt booster clip.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-15, 09:29 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

I think there's more than one way to train if you're seeking a round butt. Even the butt guy believes that isolation work is just as important as strength work. Some of the most beautifully sculpted butts that I've seen are women who do Tonique and even TA. The high reps isolation work seems to work really well too!
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-15, 09:54 AM  
MARIKA

Debbie- ITA. I love my weights yet I still do my TA in the evening and other barre like stuff.
Old 08-09-15, 10:21 AM  
yahoo205

What's best for fat loss but keeping the butt glute glutes still firm and round? and at the same time thigh fat loss?
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
booty, bret contreras, glutes, patricia friberg, round butt