Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 09-06-11, 03:32 PM  
jessicavi

effectiveness AND form integrity

I think if you are looking form integrity, you should go w/ authentic kbell moves. MB45 Essentials has a great starter set that includes 2 beginner (15min) workouts, 3 longer workouts, and one bodyweight workout. It has a great tutorial and comes with a rotation calendar. Right now it's on sale for $14.99. Not much in case she changes her mind.

http://www.mbodystrength.com/store?p...&product_id=19

Here's an official review. http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...ew.php?id=3819

Here's feedback from someone that completed the rotation. http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=156161

Other info about MB45 Essentials start on this page:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...t=mb45&page=12

Kettleworx infomercial is quite glossy and enticing. In fact, I watch it quite often but I've read the reviews on VF and I've steered clear of it b/c of those reviews. A search for Kettleworx will bring up more than enough info. I can't imagine having to do workouts that repeat the same footage over and over and over.........and over.......That would bore me to no end. Not only that, but some of the moves appear to be kettlebell lite moves that you'd use w/ a 10lb kbell. From my understanding, RKC's recommend 15lbs or more to start. Here's some reviews on Kettleworx from another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardiomama View Post
Reviews for Kettleworx: http://www.videofitness.com/reviewsd...st.php?id=1230

VF Threads tagged w/ kettleworx: http://forum.videofitness.com/tags.php?tag=kettleworx

Tagged w/ Ryan Shanahan (lead, creator): http://forum.videofitness.com/tags.p...=ryan+shanahan

It's spelled w/ an X on the end not K, so that's likely throwing your search off. Hope this helps.
I also think Lauren Brooks and AOS have great tutorials although their DVDs are pricier as well. Sarah Lurie is also quite good and reasonably priced but some find her pre-school delivery a bit annoying. I personally don't let it bother me. The workouts are solid. If you can still find it, she has a 4pk at Target for $14.99 which includes: Iron Core 1 & 2 (both w/ tutorials), Boot Camp, and Warrior 1&2.
jessicavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 04:00 PM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Annette, is your sister already doing KBs or not? This might make a difference (that and whether she is new to exercising or more experiencing).

I am a high intermediate exerciser who finally decided to try kettlebells. My first DVD (which I've only done with a dumbbell so far--just order the KB yesterday!) was Angie Miller's Kettlebell Bootcamp, which I liked a lot (thanks Becky!). I also have Sarah Lurie's Iron Core Vol. 1 & 2 coming in a trade, and lots of people have recommended Lauren Brooks to me as well.
Hi, Toaster! That's a good question. She was demonstrating, KB-free, some swings for me; am not sure if she's participated in a live class but I do know she doesn't have any DVDs. Thanks for your list!

A-Jock
Old 09-06-11, 04:01 PM  
Aquajock

WOW! Lotsa good intel and advice! Thanks, and keep 'em coming!

Love,

A-Jock
Old 09-06-11, 04:05 PM  
Just_Jo

Skogg.

We bought RKS and Skogg when hubby and I started out a few weeks back. Hands down, Skogg. The beauty of it is you perfect the moves. His instruction is superb. It does not get boring at all. Zero dread factor. We occasionally do the double-swing disk from RKS as an add-on, but we love Skogg. And shoot, I've lost 15.5 pounds since August 1st when we started!!
Just_Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 04:13 PM  
KellyMarie65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jo View Post
Skogg.

We bought RKS and Skogg when hubby and I started out a few weeks back. Hands down, Skogg. The beauty of it is you perfect the moves. His instruction is superb. It does not get boring at all. Zero dread factor. We occasionally do the double-swing disk from RKS as an add-on, but we love Skogg. And shoot, I've lost 15.5 pounds since August 1st when we started!!
Wow, that's great!
KellyMarie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 04:45 PM  
Getfit

I think aside from Cathe's preorder Skoggs will be the next system I invest in. Out of the KB workouts I have, I do find myself reaching for Lauren's Vol 2 & 3, Missy Beaver and Mbody basic workouts the most.
Old 09-06-11, 05:51 PM  
legal

Love, love RKS and just started using Skogg. Both are excellent and are "authentic" kettlebell workouts. Kettleworx is not only boring and repetitive, Ryan uses the KB as if it was a dumbell. I like many other KB instructors but definitely got impressive results from RKS.
legal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 06:08 PM  
Cassy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Jo View Post
Skogg.

I've lost 15.5 pounds since August 1st when we started!!
OMG that's great!
Cassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 06:14 PM  
bee1forfitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozy View Post
I love RKS and felt I got the best results out of all the kettlebell dvds I have done in the past. Plus there is so much variety!
Not to hijack the thread but Rozy you're looking awesome and looks like you're feeling better after your surgery
bee1forfitness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-11, 06:43 PM  
425oldsmar

Just because someone is new and likes a product and uses it and it WORKS and posts it maybe it works. Kettleworx is the real deal. Sorry if you don't believe kettleworx really works but thousands of sales and real people use it. How do I know I use it and lost 50lbs and 6 inch's off my waist. Yes its only 20min's 3 times a week, and its a wonderful fitness product . Maybe if you tried it you could stop searching for something that really works. Kettlebells rock!
425oldsmar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kettlebell, kettlebell dvds, kettlebells, rks, skogg