Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-14-22, 08:38 AM  
pharma_gal

Slimming the lower body - strength and cardio

Just wanting to see what has worked for you in terms of slimming the lower body. What kind of strength and cardio workouts do you recommend. I understand that diet plays a role too but im looking for workout suggestions only. Thanks!!
pharma_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 10:45 AM  
edensmom

Lots of walking. Check out Rachel Attard, she has a lot of blog posts with very specific advice.
edensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 11:24 AM  
laurajhawk

Brazil Butt Lift (Classic rotation) was great for me.

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 11:42 AM  
gladgirl

The thing that helped me tighten up lower body and change its appearance was KB swings/deadlifts and lots of brisk walking as someone above mentioned.
My food intake was somewhat cleaned up but not drastic.
gladgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-22, 12:18 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Ilaria's Bodystrike workouts can definitely help with this. It sort of seems just like cardio kicking, but for me she works in tons of squats and lunges without it feeling like that's what I'm doing, so it helps me with lower body muscle endurance and strength as well. My only complaint is that she only has 3 of these DVDs, and only a couple Bodystrike workouts on her streaming service, so there isn't much variety. Her streaming service actually offers a ton of variety with her other workout formats (Powerstrike, Atletica, Definitions, Forza) but for some reason she has stopped releasing the Bodystrike workouts.

I know lots of people in the past have gotten great lower body results with Tonique but I've never been able to do these workouts on a regular basis - they have a dread factor for me. Sylwia is not good at keeping me from realizing I'm doing tons of squats and lunges
Old 08-14-22, 06:54 PM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I have the same issue so appreciate these suggestions. When I used to read a lot of fitness magazines one of the things I noticed was the suggestion of doing lots and lots of reps of squats, plies, and lunges. Great if your knees can take it. Basically you're doing lots of endurance moves. Perhaps walking with a weighted vest might be a consideration.

Cathe has an old workout Maximum Intensity Strength that had a killer lower body section. It was only about 20 minutes long, but she worked you hard. It had a huge dread factor for me.
Old 08-14-22, 09:12 PM  
nschultz

My legs are the slimmest they’ve ever been and I’ve been following a heavy weight routine that has progressive overload. That in addition to walking at least 10k steps daily. I’ve completely cut out heavy cardio and HIIT. Nutrition has also been key and you can pm me for more information if you are interested.
My legs and lower body have always been my “problem” area and I can say that is not the case anymore.
nschultz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lower body slimming, thigh slimming