Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-26-22, 07:36 AM  
dnna

just did the Walking on Line free workout on youtube. I Loved it. I did some marching in my chair and tried to do a couple songs standing! I also did some of my knee exercises to the beat. I kept my arms low but I was working it!

I am going to subscribe to the channel.

count me in as a Joyn fan. I love Sarah's dance (chair ) workouts and I have tried a couple pilates!!

good luck, dnna

Last edited by dnna; 03-26-22 at 08:28 AM. Reason: auto correct mishap
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-22, 07:04 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnna View Post
just did the Walking on Line free workout on youtube. I Loved it. I did some marching in my chair and tried to do a couple songs standing! I also did some of my knee exercises to the beat. I kept my arms low but I was working it!

I am going to subscribe to the channel.

count me in as a Joyn fan. I love Sarah's dance (chair ) workouts and I have tried a couple pilates!!

good luck, dnna
Yay! That’s awesome! I’m glad you liked it!!

Regarding Joyn, I like Sarah’s classes too!!!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-22, 10:38 AM  
frogribbit
VF Supporter

You might also like Team Body Project. You can join their service but they also have free Youtube videos you could try.
frogribbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-22, 12:15 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogribbit View Post
You might also like Team Body Project. You can join their service but they also have free Youtube videos you could try.
I love Team Body Project!

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-22, 05:01 PM  
mimikz

I'm really enjoying John Garey's site. It has different options for Pilates (reformer or just mat) as well as traditional fitness workouts. I really enjoy Tasha's workouts there. She's a *great*, positive motivator. He has some videos on YouTube but also has some free content on his site if you click around. Some of the workouts include his sleeping pups

Mimi K
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-22, 05:11 PM  
leigh1673

I subscribe to Ellen Barrett streaming and love it. It's only $5/month and it's got a great selection of workouts of varying length and intensity.

I love her emphasis on the mind/body connection, posture, and balance.

https://www.ellenbarrett.com/
leigh1673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-22, 08:25 PM  
MissBliss

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
If you like walking, I just got a subscription to Walking Online Workouts! They are really fun and there is zero dread factor. There is no talk at all so none of that super annoying "burn calories and blast off that fat fast" type talk! There is REALLY good music and I have just been doing the disco walks over and over again because I am one of the 3 people in the world that LOVES disco!! However there is all kinds of popular music. Most of the walks are outside too. She offers a one week free trial that is super easy to cancel. Here is the link:
https://walkingonlineworkouts.vhx.tv

You can try a free walk by her on YouTube. She's pretty funny because half way through this walk she realizes her shirt was inside out the whole time and she just laughs!! I love that!!! Here is link: https://youtu.be/TlDLDHGCXWI

I also wanted to let you know that some great authors to check out are: Sofie Hagen, Aubrey Gordon, Jes Baker and Virgie Tovar! Ok, take care!!
I’m so sorry for the delay, I just want to thank you for your awesome suggestions!
MissBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 05:54 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

I'm over 60 and like these two streaming sites - both free - on YouTube. I can't recommend them enough:

Silver & Fit: https://www.youtube.com/user/silverandfit
They post about 8 to 10 new workouts a day. Many are filmed outside. 3 levels of workouts - beginner, intermediate, & advanced. Lots of variety - cardio, strength, yoga, balance/flexibility, mixed cardio and strength, dance, tai chi.

Senior Shape Fitness: https://www.youtube.com/c/SeniorShapeFitness
Lauren's workouts include cardio, strength, barre, pilates, and yoga/stretching, as well as some chair workouts. Wonderful presentation - excellent music, cuing, etc. If I need something to calm me down after a long day at work, Lauren's workouts are perfect. She's been releasing a calendar of suggested workouts each week under the Playlist Tab at her YouTube site. She releases one workout a week.

Carol
txhsmom is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
joyn, streaming, streaming affordable, streaming help, streaming services, youtube, youtube channels