Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-27-22, 11:10 AM  
AnMrsDe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthular View Post
I have been a barre3 member since the beginning. I’ve had a general sense that it’s not what it used to be, but didn’t think too much about it until this week. I’m doing an experiment trying to get off all of my streaming subscriptions and tried my old b3 dvds. OMG! They are soooooo much better than the streaming content. Much harder, more efficient, and I have DOMS!
I think it was a couple years ago(?) when I last subscribed and couldn't believe how easier the classes were from the last time I subscribed (2016, I think). I actually really liked the fact that they were more fusion-y and not much barre work (since I'm not much of a barre fan). But they were not challenging for me at all....I'd say more beginner/low intermediate if I had to rate the level. I used them for my easier recovery days and unsubscribed after only 2 weeks instead of the 3? month subscription! So, it just depends on what you're looking for and how to use them - as your challenging total body days or your recovery days. Caveat: I don't have any Barre 3 dvd's to compare them to, though.
AnMrsDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-22, 10:32 AM  
ruthular

Just finished the old DVD Barre3 Burner (40 minutes). The workouts (particularly the core sections) are much better and my body has that old barre3 feeling -- tall and strong. I love it! Makes me sad at how much they have diluted the practice, but so glad I held on to the dvds.
ruthular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-22, 09:08 AM  
Luv2WO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthular View Post
Just finished the old DVD Barre3 Burner (40 minutes). The workouts (particularly the core sections) are much better and my body has that old barre3 feeling -- tall and strong. I love it! Makes me sad at how much they have diluted the practice, but so glad I held on to the dvds.
I agree - I love the old Barre3 workouts and do them occasionally to mix it up. I liked how they incorporated barre, yoga, Pilates and lots of stretching. If it's not broke, don't fix it!
Luv2WO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming