Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 11-13-20, 02:23 PM  
starbelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve M View Post
Starbelly,

You mentioned in your previous that you have used a vibration plate. Some questions:

- What has your experience been with the vibration plate - good, bad, indifferent?

- what brand machine did you use?
- do you own one?
- how would you compare the experience to rebounding?

Very interested in what you have to say. Thanks.
I have a Bluefin 3D vibration plate. I bought it 2 years ago for less than €200 (Black Friday deal) and the price shown now is €249 but there will likely be further discounts.

I do not remember why I had stopped using the vibration plate (perhaps the surgery I had earlier this year), but started using it a few weeks ago after this thread reminded me of it. My legs have better muscle definition and my skin looks firmer. I started rebounding after my surgery healed enough to make it possible and, comparing the two, I would say that if you are looking for muscle definition that a vibration plate is a better option (I do weighted squats and lunges on it). Rebounding is, for me at least, more fun and there are far more videos to use with a rebounder than a vibration plate. Both a rebounder and a vibration plate can move lymph and provide a good workout in relatively short time (~15min).

The power cord for the vibration plate is fairly short which really limits where it can be used whereas a rebounder can be moved easily. It is important to consider where you will use the device when making a decision (the vibration plate is also quite heavy--19kgs).
starbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-20, 03:49 PM  
SFR
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsemom2 View Post
it will probably be about the same amount of squeak.
Some times just moving the rebounder an inch or two may eliminate much of the squeak.
It just depends which floorboards are getting pressure from the legs.

Barb S
Thanks - I was hoping this was the case!
SFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-21, 05:01 PM  
barreaddict

I have a Bellicon (hexagon one) and bought my sister a leaps and rebounds, tried Bellicon bungees on it, but it still doesn't feel the same. I've also had cellerciser and needak. Bellicon is the only one I can bounce on without pain in my back and neck at age 61.
barreaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-21, 10:42 PM  
MJ051279
VF Supporter

Quote:
The larger a bungee is, the more I like it.
If I were buying another bungee today, I would get the large Leaps and Rebounds which often has 10 to 20% off and free shipping.

Barb S
Thanks Barb! I sold my ReboundAire a few years back and hadn’t found another rebounder I was interested in. I know you are the rebounder queen :-) so I looked this one up and low and behold it was available in a 48” red with 20% off bringing the price to $180 with free shipping. I ordered and am now anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I love being a Nana
MJ051279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 06:14 AM  
horsemom2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ051279 View Post
Thanks Barb! I sold my ReboundAire a few years back and hadn’t found another rebounder I was interested in. I know you are the rebounder queen :-) so I looked this one up and low and behold it was available in a 48” red with 20% off bringing the price to $180 with free shipping. I ordered and am now anxiously awaiting its arrival.
I would love to hear what you think about it!
Lots of youtube videos use this brand.
(I would have to buy another home to even think about ordering another rebounder).
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 08:45 PM  
upperwside

I had a Urban Rebounder many moons ago. My first rebounder. I then got a Jumpsport and large Bellicon. I only use my Bellicon. The spring rebounder is hard feeling and so noisy. If never go back to springs. I don't even use my Jumpsport anymore... Only my Bellicon. Love it. I use the I jump instead videos just fine with my ultra strong bungees.
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-21, 09:13 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by slockhart View Post
So I follow this person on IG and checked out the website today. Does anyone else follow her? I also checked out the Cellerciser website and this is a rebounder with springs not bungees. Of course I have a JumpSport, but I'm wondering if maybe the bungee rebounders aren't as good?
Stacey
I originally had a spring rebounder. Very stiff and noisy compared to my new Leaps and Rebounds bungee trampoline. I much prefer working out with my bungee rebounder. Plus I bought the larger 48 inch one and now I have less concerns where my feet land.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 10:06 AM  
horsemom2

Once I went bungee, I never wanted to use a spring rebounder again.
Once I got a larger size bungee, I never wanted to use a smaller diameter again.

I rarely use my two different size JumpSports (40 and 44 inch),
much preferring my larger bungees:
48 inch round and an even larger hexagon
(both from China).
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-21, 11:17 AM  
ChelePA

Quote:
I would love to hear what you think about it!
Lots of youtube videos use this brand.
(I would have to buy another home to even think about ordering another rebounder).
I bought one with the sale. Love the 48 inch size! So much more room. No concerns where my feet are landing. Nice soft bounce. Of course I’m comparing it to my spring rebounder which was very stiff.
ChelePA is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
bellicon, cellerciser, lymph, lymphatic system, needak, rebounder, rebounders