Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-09-17, 12:50 PM  
Libby

new to T-Tapp

I have heard that T-Tapp is good for building bone density. I checked out one of her DVDs on Amazon and it was around $45 for a 15 minute workout! Are her workouts really good or are they more of a beginner/senior type workout? I've been exercising in-home for 30 something years. I am intermediate to advanced but really can't do much high impact because of my knee. Do you think any of her workouts would meet my needs and if so, which one would you recommend?
Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 01:22 PM  
Demeris

I'm hoping Lannette and a few others pop in and add their two cents. As for me, T-Tapp kicks my arse, regardless of my fitness level.

For me, there was a learning curve, but once I figured out what 'full fiber muscle activation' and 'leverage isometrics' meant, T-Tapp became the toughest workout I do. Even when I do her beginner- or senior- labeled workouts, they are the toughest workouts I do.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 06:02 PM  
Titus2woman

I was gifted a couple of T-Tapp workouts by my cousin, and I am so very thankful! They are great workouts, even if they are short. They help my back feel better, and my husband has recently tried the T-Tapp walking workout to help with his very flat feet and the pronation of his ankles. Definitely worth it, I drool over having more, but I also admit I've not spent the $$ for it.

More people fail from a lack of encouragement than anything else!
Titus2woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 07:10 PM  
pgun3

I hope others pipe in too. I am out of shape and have a few of these and was thinking of starting with them. I did them a little bit way back when and I felt like I was getting a good workout
pgun3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-17, 07:46 PM  
killoffsonny

I haven't done T-Tapp in ages but I think you would be better off ordering from her website. Not Amazon. Her workout dvd's can be pricey but they have specials and sales. I would start with the Total Beginner or something like that. You can call the office and they are good at helping you. Or at least they used to be. Its been so long for me. It really is a good workout but I just got bored with it and went back to pilates.
Old 03-10-17, 09:29 AM  
OSusanna

I have been doing T tapp since the end of November. I started with the basic work out which is only 15 minutes long and I did the instructional for four times and then moved on to the basic plus workout which includes the hoedowns.

I did this with some jump rope for a few months. I only did T tapp 2 to 3 times a week total. I chose t-tapp because my back was hurting and My osteopath recommended some posture exercises that reminded me of T-tapp. It really helps with posture and with opening up the chest muscles. This is because the moves make you have your arms behind your ears and this opens up the chest. I found that very helpful for my situation.

I don't think it's an easy work out because it is so focused on form. You really have to pay attention to what you're doing and it is not mindless. I feel the burn in my legs mostly because of the stance where you took your pelvis under. The more you do it, The more you pay attention to your form and so the workout remains challenging. It's funny, she talks about hey do you feel the heat? And I do. It's right at the spine just like she says.

I have since moved on to the total work out which is a little under an hour and I am struggling with the thread the needle moves. The balance stuff is challenging for me and I think this is one of the better videos to work with balance and overall entry level strength. I think that this series of workouts is really functional fitness and I suspect that I will be doing at least 1 to 2 per week even after I have moved on to something else.

I do think that this is a great beginner workout and then I also think that is a nice addition for someone who is intermediate and/or advanced. I am really starting to appreciate how much paying attention to form really matters overall. There is a brain/body connection that is worked in these videos. That attention to form has spilled over to my jump rope as well and this is good because jump rope form needs to be good in order to prevent injury.

The videos are expensive, but you can get by with almost one at a time because you're doing the instructionals for 4 to 10 times and then moving onto the regular workout and then sometimes revisiting that instructional work out as needed. So basically you do one workout at a time until you learn it very well and then you move onto the next one, or at least that's how I approached it. The Total package has the basic and the total workout and those two workouts are all the t-tapp that I have been doing since November.

I think she will be having a sale on or around the 21st of March.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-17, 12:58 PM  
monterey vidiot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby View Post
I checked out one of her DVDs on Amazon and it was around $45 for a 15 minute workout!
You might compare that price with the T-Tapp site's price.
https://www.t-tapp.com
Also, the T-Tapp site has a "try before you buy" section.
monterey vidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-17, 03:13 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

Hi Libby,

If you are thinking about trying T-Tapp, she has this How To Get Started page to help you decide what to get. More is recommended for people with knee problems, but given that you are an advanced exerciser, you might want to think about getting Senior Fit. Don't be fooled by the title - this workout will kick your a**. "Senior" in the title just means it has certain mods to make it safer for seniors - NOT EASIER. In addition, this workout is geared to stimulate muscle activation in a population that is challenged with it. So for non-seniors, it *really* turbocharges that muscle activation, and that is the key to getting results with T-tapp.

Finally, although the price is high for her starter systems, she usually has extra workouts thrown in if you buy from her store. It looks like the extras this month for BWO+ and TWO are really good. - So you are getting a total of 3 and 4 workouts (respectively) for that list price. Word of warning: In these older workouts, T advertises her supplements during the water breaks, which is *really* obnoxious, even if it only lasts for 15 seconds.

To bring the cost down (I don't think offers can be combined):
1) There is currently a 23% discount code for signing up for her newsletter. It's a pop-up on the store, but I have it posted in the VF discounts section. (ETA: Code is pop23tapp)
2) If you wanted, you can also buy the book from amazon, and mail-in the coupon in the back of the book for a 30% discount.
3) Finally, while you are deciding what DVD you want to get, you can enter the contests she has on her web page, and if you win, one of the prizes is 50% off a single DVD + free shipping.

Last edited by beyond.omega; 03-11-17 at 03:20 PM. Reason: added code
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
t-tapp