Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-18-13, 11:36 AM  
Keepfitgirl

I love TLC, both workouts and a couple of the premixes, but my favourite is the first 30 min Kickbox DVD. I would say there is a slight learning curve on the combos but I think it is great and the time absolutely flies. Lauren is great with the modifications too. I used this all the way through my pregnancy and still use it now pretty much once a week.

Emma
Keepfitgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 11:48 AM  
Irisg1

TLC is my favorite, even though it is mostly boxing. I have all of her kickboxing workouts, and I like 30 Min. to Fitness Kickboxing, but I don't like her cuing style. I prefer when instructors call out the punch, as opposed to just saying punch.

I would not consider her latest kickboxing workout. Although I liked workout 2 better than 1. I have not felt compelled to try it again after the first time. The music is definitely off on W/O 1. I suppose if you really LOVE Kelly, then you can overlook the offbeat tempo, but I have soo many kickboxing workouts to go to, that I just won't force myself to like anything anymore.
Old 07-18-13, 01:13 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irisg1 View Post
TLC is my favorite, even though it is mostly boxing. I have all of her kickboxing workouts, and I like 30 Min. to Fitness Kickboxing, but I don't like her cuing style. I prefer when instructors call out the punch, as opposed to just saying punch.
Kelly calls out "punch" for a jab only. She appropriately cues hooks and uppercuts.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 01:28 PM  
Irisg1

I don't know why I seem to remember her calling the jab a jab, but I know she says punch often, and she also refers to punch combos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
Kelly calls out "punch" for a jab only. She appropriately cues hooks and uppercuts.
Old 07-18-13, 01:44 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

She does say jab; what's confusing is that sometimes she refers to a front punch (or cross punch) as simply a "punch" and sometimes a "jab." But I do think she cues the other punches correctly.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 01:52 PM  
sherry7899

I think she referred to both crosses and jabs as "punches" in that workout, which I admit confused/frustrated me enough to set the workout aside for awhile. I still mess up when I do that workout sometimes, but I like it so much otherwise that I overlook it

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-13, 04:47 PM  
Eibhinn

TLC is my favourite, but I really like boxing. But I love that one so much - the combos, the cuing, the music. Just one of my all-time faves. I went away for six months and left all of my DVDs behind (crazy, no?) and ended up missing TLC so much that I mail-ordered a second copy.
Eibhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-13, 03:57 AM  
DonnaG

Even though I don't like step (clumsy) I love KCM's Stepboxing for its premixes; the kickboxing (no step) and strength combo is a great workout for me. However, I can't pick a favorite...I love all Kelly's kick/boxing workouts.
DonnaG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boxing, favorite kcm, kcm, kelly coffey meyer, kickboxing, step without a step