Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 05-17-22, 08:39 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Hope Garrie pops in so that we can give him some very Happy Birthday wishes!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 10:24 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Flow and Yin with Donna Helm-Yost (first 35 minutes of Yin Yoga practice)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR GARRIE!! I hope you are doing something fun for your birthday.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 01:23 PM  
Margot

Happy Birthday Garrie

Hope the year ahead brings you everything you desire.
Old 05-17-22, 01:30 PM  
Margot

(Today was:
- Ellen Barrett Kick Butt (18 min)
- Yoga with Joelle - Balance Your Chakras (15 min)

We also visited our local bird sanctuary for the first time since the pandemic and spent 3 hours walking around in the sunshine and oohing and aahing over all the baby chicks. It was nice to be back, although there aren't as many birds as there used to be. No Ospreys though but we did see a few Cranes. Why is it that flamingos are so pretty but smell so bad! I think someone should change their diet or brush their teeth. (lol)

Waves to all!
Old 05-17-22, 01:37 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I went on a neighborhood walk with my 3 year old grandson this morning. I've been teaching him the names of various flowers and trees that we see on our walk. He is most fascinated with the enormous California palm trees.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 07:35 PM  
JustSandra

Wishing a very Happy Birthday to our Garrie!!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-22, 07:36 PM  
JustSandra

Sigh -- am splitting up my post again due to 500 error.

Monday's Workout: Sandra's Knee Rehab set, various lower body exercises from Margaret Richard's Triple Threat, my own stretches. Walked 1.5 hours.

Old 05-17-22, 07:38 PM  
JustSandra

Today's Workout: A Leslie Sansone 1-miler, followed by the Upper Body Focus from Jessica Smith's Boost Metabolism + Muscle.

Margot: I did see that Jessica expects to release her new set shortly! I'm definitely getting the stretch and the upper/lower body split one -- not sure about the others (may depend on price).

Waving to all!

Old 05-17-22, 08:49 PM  
cyana

Hi All! Not dead or abducted by aliens, just all work and no play. Despite my best attempts to work super-efficiently, I've been thrown a number of curves and have worked late pretty much every evening. Sigh. On a positive front, I'm off next week - hooray!

Happy Birthday, Garrie! Best wishes for many years of good health and happiness.

Will try to catch up with everyone this week-end. #$*!@ We had another raccoon attack on the house last week, so there's a new hole that will have to be repaired. The pest control man will be coming out next week to set traps and all that fun and exciting stuff (we got estimates last week - crazy $$$). Did you know that not everyone who advertises that they do critters will actually trap the offending little monsters? So am I supposed to take my laundry basket to the attic and trap it myself??? The highest estimate we got didn't include trapping, go figure. One of my co-workers sent me a picture from her local NextDoor - a woman posted a picture of a raccoon standing in one of her windows as though it was saying "Hey lady, can you spare a snack for a hungry raccoon?" The woman said "I know you shouldn't feed them, but I couldn't help myself." My response to my co-worker was "Just wait until it chews a hole in HER house and we'll see if she still thinks it's cute!" She also told me a hysterical story about a raccoon getting in her friend's house, that included a close encounter in the bathroom!

Hooray, Sandra for setting your retirement date!

Waves to ALL!

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-22, 05:32 AM  
cyana

Forgot to post this link last night - new 10 minute exercise ball strength work-out featuring Jordan on the Bob and Brad YT channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDUyQqG_jSI . I previewed it last night and thought it looked like a good quickie when you're short on time.

I also recently discovered the Upright Health YT channel when I was looking at some videos on hip pain/mobility: https://www.youtube.com/c/Uprighthealth

Time for coffee and an early start on the chain gang this morning.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote