Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-17, 11:30 AM  
ellaenchanted

Sell or donate dvds?

So, I have a good amount of dvds that I no longer use and are taking up space and I really dislike clutter. In the past I have used trades or selling and it was pretty easy because dvds were still a popular form of media. Now, dvds just don't sell that well. Also, in the past, I would just sell dvds as a large lot to Roleez but I have no idea if she still even buys dvds.

I would prefer to just get rid of them all at once instead of in drips and drabs. so, I should just donate right?
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 11:34 AM  
sherry7899

I think Roleez still buys them.
I have been donating mine to my library for their sales or to Vietnam Vets. It is not worth the hassle to sell them individually - at least not for me.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 01:28 PM  
jusca

It depends. If you want extra cash, I'd list the lot with the option to ship without cases so the user saves on shipping cost. I'd give the lot a few weeks to see if it sells and if not, I'd donate.
jusca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 01:45 PM  
BunnyHop

I donate.

Selling is not something I want to get into, for a lot of reasons. For one, my time available at the computer is erratic and I'd feel terrible if somebody wanted to get in touch with me but I didn't get back to them within a reasonable time frame.
Old 08-23-17, 01:57 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Listing, buying shipping materials, packing,waiting for money, standing in line at the post office versus pulling into the Goodwill and dropping them off. Hmmmmm.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 01:57 PM  
cpcathy

I donate to the ARC thriftstore, that way they can sell them and make money for the charity. I used to give to my friends but they don't seem to do the workouts!

Nobody Said It was Easy.... --The Scientist
cpcathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 02:10 PM  
bubbles76

You could always post as a lot on Roost, if you want the cash. I can only think of one or two negative experiences that were ultimately resolved. But I get what Joni says, it can be a hassle if you decide not to sell as a lot and don't have the packing materials readily available. One VFer also offered to SASE for a lot of dvds, with the stipulation that she would not post a listing. You just had to pay for postage up front. But, that again brings up the packing materials.

I say if you don't want to be bothered with packing materials or standing in line at the post office, donate. You may not even need to leave your house to donate, as I believe some places will drop by to pick things up.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 02:52 PM  
Sissy B

Last time I went through mine I donated a bunch to the library.
Sissy B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 03:02 PM  
dnna

I donate workout dvds to our library. I sort out other dvds and donate family friendly ones to the library and the others we give to the va, stuff young guys would like-in rehab.
dnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-17, 05:27 PM  
muggle

Library! I appreciate being able to try something and my library has prescious little in the way of dvds.
muggle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
donations, dvds4vets.org