Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-17, 10:36 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Sorry, I'm late to the Hamelin party!

I just tried his step workout as my first New Years Day workout. I also did it without the step the first time through because I'm recovering from PF and don't want to cause any undo stress on my heel (or trip over my step.)

I haven't done a step workout in a very long time, and I never did any really complex stuff. This is fairly basic step, but with the arm work I was sweating!
It's a great workout when you don't want to think too hard about what you're doing, especially early in the AM.

I pre-ordered Blitzmatics, but intend to give it a go tomorrow! I hope I don't have any trouble catching on to his method. It looks good but since I'm a newbie, I don't know what to expect. I'm just ready to try something different for a change, and hope I see some results if I stick with it.

April Focus:
Lee Holden Qi Gong 30 Day Challenge
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 07:17 AM  
Suzan66

Pam... let us know what you think of Blitzmatics.
Suzan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 08:17 AM  
maitai

Where do I buy this?
maitai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-17, 09:32 AM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by maitai View Post
Where do I buy this?

https://tictail.com/s/hamelindabellmethod/blitzmatics
Old 01-02-17, 09:55 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I did the HDMStep workout yesterday as my first workout of the year and I really liked it and had lots of fun! I too, haven't done step workout in years and the choreography in Hamelin's workout was very easy to follow. I used my original step, but unlike 10-15 years ago, I didn't use the 3 extra risers and only used the platform which is what, 2-4" high? I should measure it.

I can't wait for the rebounder workout!
Old 01-03-17, 04:47 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzan66 View Post
Pam... let us know what you think of Blitzmatics.
Now that I've done it and lived to tell the tale, I it! That arm work using only 2lb weights was killer! I'm still feeling it today! I'm new to the whole streaming thing, so I need to figure out how to get Hamelin on my bigger screen TV, next time. I like the standing leg work with ankle weights and standing ab exercises, too! It was just the right amount of challenge.

April Focus:
Old 01-03-17, 04:52 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I did the HDMStep workout yesterday as my first workout of the year and I really liked it and had lots of fun! I too, haven't done step workout in years and the choreography in Hamelin's workout was very easy to follow. I used my original step, but unlike 10-15 years ago, I didn't use the 3 extra risers and only used the platform which is what, 2-4" high? I should measure it.

I can't wait for the rebounder workout!
Ditto to the rebounding workout!

And, the choreography in the step workout was just right for me! Nothing too fussy or complex. I'm looking forward to pulling out my step platform and doing it for real now!

I may have to order more from his site!

April Focus:
Old 01-03-17, 05:32 PM  
BUTTERCUP78

I tried to find the step and rebounder online...is this part of the 3 month subscription?

Thanks
BUTTERCUP78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-17, 06:11 PM  
Suzan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam61 View Post
Now that I've done it and lived to tell the tale, I it! That arm work using only 2lb weights was killer! I'm still feeling it today! I'm new to the whole streaming thing, so I need to figure out how to get Hamelin on my bigger screen TV, next time. I like the standing leg work with ankle weights and standing ab exercises, too! It was just the right amount of challenge.
I'm so glad you liked it. I the standing thigh set!

Buttercup: The step and rebounder are stand alone workouts. IDT they are in the webshop yet. Hamelin has just been back in London a few days.
Old 01-03-17, 06:30 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I haven't done Blitzmatics yet. This month I started Pilates by Lisa January Challenge and as usual she kicks my butt! All I can do right now is to add short 15-20 min cardio to warm up before I do Lisa's workout and I'm done.

I'm planning to do a "loose" Hamelin's rotation in February.

Tags
blitzmatics, hamelin d'abell, hdm, step without a step