Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-14, 08:54 PM  
daisyduke

cathe 's xtrain... is it anything like p90x?

I'm loving p90x right now and looking at what I will do after I'm done. I gain juice easily so sts and body beast didn't lean me out. Would xtrain be similar to p90x?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 09:16 PM  
patrice
VF Supporter

No!
patrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 09:22 PM  
Tugger31

I agree, they're really nothing alike.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 09:44 PM  
dutchgirl
VF Supporter

The upper body weight workouts have similar muscle groupings to P90X. They are also similarly structured (groupings of exercises done in rounds). The big difference is that Cathe & crew all do the same number of reps and tend to be in sync whereas in P90X everyone had their own rep range and are doing there own pace within the allotted time.

The leg workouts are very different. I can't remember if there is a heavy weights only premix on Cardio Leg Blast but that would be similar to P90X. I actually think the leg workouts are better in X- Train than P90X.

The cardio workouts are also very different. Cathe's are more choreographed (with the exception of Tabatacise) whereas the cardio is more drill based in P90X.

Lastly, X- Train doesn't have designated core and stretch/yoga workouts and P90X does.

Overall, the feel you get when doing the two systems is very different. Cathe's is very polished and maybe a little uptight. P90X is more relaxed. Both are tough and can be modified although Cathe doesn't show a modified version. I think you'd get results from both. Honestly it's a matter of gelling with the vibe of the instructor. Luckily I like both Cathe and Tony and like that they're different.

Fitness happens one choice at a time - Michelle Dozois

The truth is, my body, whether I love it or not, is the vessel that houses my soul. And for that, it should be honored - Theresa Ruth Howard
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-14, 09:57 PM  
Tugger31

XTrain has no pullups.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe xtrain, p90x