Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-22, 11:29 AM  
DCW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Body Sculpting II with Amanda, Gail, and Meg, it isn't available anymore. Has Essentrics decided not to develop and sell new dvds anymore outside of Classical Stretch? BSS II is one of my favorite dvds.

While I have your attention, has anyone seen the newest Classical Stretch season on any PBS channels? I am fortunate to have 3 channels with CS. No channel is broadcasting the newest season. I wonder when they will air?

Thanks!!
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 03:17 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter
 
JackieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Body Sculpting II with Amanda, Gail, and Meg, it isn't available anymore. Has Essentrics decided not to develop and sell new dvds anymore outside of Classical Stretch? BSS II is one of my favorite dvds.

While I have your attention, has anyone seen the newest Classical Stretch season on any PBS channels? I am fortunate to have 3 channels with CS. No channel is broadcasting the newest season. I wonder when they will air?

Thanks!!
When I was in Montreal for teacher training in 2019, the talk was they would offer the CS seasons on dvd "for a while". I doubt they will make any dvds outside of that.

IDK about PBS offering Season 14.
__________________
Jackie

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-22, 03:50 PM  
Izzy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West of Chicago in the Illinois Corn Belt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Body Sculpting II with Amanda, Gail, and Meg, it isn't available anymore. Has Essentrics decided not to develop and sell new dvds anymore outside of Classical Stretch? BSS II is one of my favorite dvds.

While I have your attention, has anyone seen the newest Classical Stretch season on any PBS channels? I am fortunate to have 3 channels with CS. No channel is broadcasting the newest season. I wonder when they will air?

Thanks!!
BS2 is a very popular DVD. I bet they sold out during their sales and are debating on whether to print more copies. Itís only a few years old. It would be a shame if they didnít make more copies. Itís excellent.

If they would compile some of their ETV live workouts on a DVD I bet it would sell big time. Their live classes are very good.
__________________
Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 08:57 PM  
DCW
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
I hadn't thought about it but i wonder if it is getting more difficult and expensive to get dvds made for a small business?. So financially dvds aren't profitable.

Thanks everyone for your information and insight.
DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-22, 09:38 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter
 
Usia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Chicago Area
I just subscribed to CS/Essentrics site and I've been wondering: Why are the new Live Classes apparently removed from the site after only 14 days? I've been told that they're available longer only if they're included in a "program" or "challenge". Why is that? I had to pause a 21-day Challenge I'm currently doing, so that I can take a new live class I was interested in before it disappeared from the site and before I'm done with this Challenge.

As a side note, I'm loving my new CS/Ess subscription so far. It's breathing a new life into my older and wiser body!
__________________
Dana
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 05:19 AM  
Izzy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: West of Chicago in the Illinois Corn Belt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I just subscribed to CS/Essentrics site and I've been wondering: Why are the new Live Classes apparently removed from the site after only 14 days? I've been told that they're available longer only if they're included in a "program" or "challenge". Why is that? I had to pause a 21-day Challenge I'm currently doing, so that I can take a new live class I was interested in before it disappeared from the site and before I'm done with this Challenge.

As a side note, I'm loving my new CS/Ess subscription so far. It's breathing a new life into my older and wiser body!
I also get frustrated by this 14 days as well. It used to be 48 hours and they would take them down. I am not sure why they canít leave them up on the sight and whatís the harm of it. Most of the live classes are so good I want to be able to do them again.
__________________
Mary
Izzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 09:44 AM  
bee
VF Supporter
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
I also get frustrated by this 14 days as well. It used to be 48 hours and they would take them down. I am not sure why they canít leave them up on the sight and whatís the harm of it. Most of the live classes are so good I want to be able to do them again.
Seems like they might get more subscribers if they left them up. Most subscription services just keep adding to their library over time, so a subscriber has more and more content available to them.
__________________
I am @summitbee on instagram.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-22, 04:11 PM  
BunnyHop
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Seems to me that it's related to the contracts they have with their instructors.

Makes sense that they'd have to get paid more if their work were going to be permanently available on a streaming platform.

But it makes me wonder why they couldn't release some of this content on dvd collections, for those who don't have access to streaming?

Contracts can be rewritten, after all.

(This situation reminds me of the old shirtwoot site. Used to be, the winning t-shirt design would only ever be a limited edition, then they gradually made the switch to always available. IIRC, a few of the old designs aren't available any more because the artists involved didn't want the work to be available forever in that way.)
__________________
Anna
BunnyHop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-22, 10:46 AM  
Exercise Diva
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Boston
The 14-days is one of my peeves too - but much better than the original 48- hour limit. I also can't understand why every subscription site I've used keeps their content up indefinitely but ETV doesn't/can't. On another note, I do love the longer workouts (45 - 60 minutes) they are putting out. The shorter 30 minute workouts are great, but the longer ones feel like an actual workout IMO.
Exercise Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
classical stretch, dislike, essentrics, flaming hypocrite, miranda, miranda esmonde-white

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2009 Video Fitness