Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-03-22, 04:35 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by donellda View Post
Denise Austin has a DVD called Blast Away the Pounds Indoor Walk which has 3 15 minute walks, one which is called Power Walk and Tone. She does strength training with weights in the walk mostly for the upper body.
I bought that one bought haven’t tried it yet!
Gemini2874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-22, 04:36 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaenchanted View Post
Maybe search Youtube for "walking with weights" workouts.
I prefer DVDs but thank you!
Old 05-07-22, 01:56 PM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Maybe it's the absolutely zero floor work that is limiting you? Most ab work and chest work are on the floor.
Bubbles- I did floor work today…...and……….drumroll…….I survived!!! It wasn’t as horrible as the last time I tried it!!! It absolutely wasn’t dreadful!!! I thought of your post and I told myself to go for it!! I should add that it didn’t last long and was Richard Simmons floor work. So, I guess I CAN do very brief and easy floor work. I don’t have any interest in long floor work or really hard floor work. My knees can’t take it. But…..Thanks for the push (even if unintentional)!!!!!
Old 05-08-22, 08:45 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Nope. Tried another workout with floor work again this morning. It’s a big NO THANK YOU for me. I’m out!! I came, I tried, I hated it. Oh, well. Back to standing routines only……
Old 05-09-22, 02:17 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

You requested intermittent cardio - your HR will elevate during strength training or circuit work.

also: you can do all "floor work" moves standing, and leaning on a wall or heavy piece of furniture for support.

another fun idea - you can do most if not all "floor work" type of moves on a stability ball.

Tony Horton P90 Sculpt A, B, C released in 2014. There is ab work on the floor, but i wouldn't count that as floor work. There are push-ups, but you can do this leaning on a heavy piece of furniture or the wall.

Tom Holland Total Body workout - all standing except for crunches and push-ups. again, you can do the push-ups leaning on a heavy piece of furniture or the wall. with crunches, you can always do them standing.

Tony Little Body Express Series - 99% all standing except in the Butt/Thigh workout there are lateral raises. you can do this standing - lean on a wall for support and do the lateral leg lifts on each side.

Cindy Whitmarsh: 10 Min Solution Target Toning - all standing except for ab work and a buns move that you can do standing whilst leaning on the wall (bent leg lifts).

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-22, 02:41 PM  
moonbeam31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemini2874 View Post
Nope. Tried another workout with floor work again this morning. It’s a big NO THANK YOU for me. I’m out!! I came, I tried, I hated it. Oh, well. Back to standing routines only……
I hate it too!!!
moonbeam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-22, 06:45 PM  
donellda

I just thought of this one now because I just did it tonight. The Slim Series Cardio Sculpt Express is all standing strength mixed with a little cardio. Debbie uses light weights and resistance bands for a full body workout. I have not done it in a while but I believe that Cardio Core Express is also all standing strength.
Old 05-10-22, 10:48 PM  
Venus

Weight Watchers Get in Shape!

This one might work for you. It has three workouts which vary in intensity: Get Started, Get Moving, and Get Fit. They are circuit-style workouts, but I think they fit your criteria. They are on YouTube if you want to preview.

Weight Watchers Get in Shape workouts
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-22, 06:29 AM  
Gemini2874
VF Supporter

Thank you, Donellda and Venus! The WW workouts look good!! My internet is shaky so I’m not sure I will be able to stream them. That’s why I try to find DVDs.

Yes, Moonbeam had recommended the Cardio Core Express so I did buy that one! It’s nice to know Sculpt is also standing. I will check it out!! Thank you again to you both!
Old 05-11-22, 03:19 PM  
Negin

I just came across this channel from the recent walking thread. I found one and I'm sure that she has more.

Tags
standing only, total body strength