Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-27-16, 10:56 AM  
ivorygorgon

I love Revolver, but seriously, I can't even imaging being able to do it twice as is. Some people on the Tour of Sufferlandria Facebook page have tried it and they state it isn't as bad as it sounds, but I don't believe them! LOL.
ivorygorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 12:36 PM  
Chomper

Thanks for the info about the app and some of the downloads. Has anyone done Elements of Style and was it useful? I am still on the beginner side of spinning, so I was wondering if that would be a good starting point. Still wondering about my form, etc.

I think I may like the sufferfest workouts better than other spin workouts, because the interval workouts actually have rest periods. who knows, after I try some I may realize what a dumb thing to say that was... Ha ha.
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-16, 12:58 PM  
andtckrtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomper View Post
I think I may like the sufferfest workouts better than other spin workouts, because the interval workouts actually have rest periods. who knows, after I try some I may realize what a dumb thing to say that was... Ha ha.
I believe that should be MWUAH AHAHAHAHA!!
Old 02-02-16, 01:55 PM  
andtckrtoo

I'm in, obviously since I posted. I don't have all of the videos, so I signed up for a month. I figured $10 is cheaper than buying all of the videos.

My only thing is that I don't have 90 minutes during the week to workout, so I'll probably do 60/75 and skip the rest (or finish at the office as there is a spin bike at the gym)

Should we do a check in?
Old 02-02-16, 03:14 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

I'll do a check-in if you want to. Or we could post here. I'm starting on Friday night, so I can squeeze in a rest day if I need to. I am going to be doing my workouts after work, so I can do the longer ones on the week days still. I'm excited - my first "tour".

Christine, I think the only long weekday bike ride is To Get to the Other side on Tuesday. I love that one. It is so pretty. And not super hard.

Chomper, I enjoy Elements of Style and I do feel like it has been helpful to me. I actually mostly like it because it is an easier spin day, which I need sometimes. It is different than other Sufferfest workouts because there is narration and the music is lower.

The workouts are well designed and pretty strict about the time intervals which I appreciate. The recoveries are usually appropriate to allow you to push yourself during the work phases.
Old 02-02-16, 05:07 PM  
andtckrtoo

Hmm, Tuesday is my work from home day as I have a 7AM meeting every Tuesday. I might be able to swing it.
Old 02-03-16, 06:36 PM  
DeepSeaSue

Lisa, thanks for the well wishes! I'm still not 100% but I'm ready to ride (I think)

Chomper, I agree with Lisa about Elements of Style. Here's my review:

http://keepcalmandspinon.blogspot.ca...ments+of+style

I don't mind Revolver but why back-to-back?? With so many great Sufferfests to choose from, I don't know why they didn't slot a different ride in there.

I'd be interested in a check in!
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-16, 11:08 AM  
ivorygorgon

DH and I are looking forward to it!! I think Saturday's ISLAGIATT and Sunday's Revolver+Revolver will be very tough indeed.
ivorygorgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-16, 03:25 PM  
horusosiris

The tour this year looks like it is tough!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote