Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-11, 03:21 PM  
icebergslim

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
Then download it from the same site that guy used. Bootleggers don't even bother to buy a the original anymore. They download it, usually from torrents, then sell it to you. If you're going to get it illegally anyway, cut out the middle man.
You are correct here. Beachbody torrents are all over the internet for the full P90X program, Insanity, Booty Butt, Turbo Fire, etc. All you have to do is download it and burn the video onto a DVD.
icebergslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 03:36 PM  
DEEDEE

Well as long as we are talking about hard to find dvds, anyone know where I can find a copy of "Young Dillinger" starring Nick Adams from around 1965 or so? I love this film and I can't find a copy of it to save my life. I have to assume it hasn't been transferred to dvd. I guess maybe I am the only person to see the film, let alone like it. :-)
DEEDEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 04:27 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spotted_zebra View Post
If he lived in the US it might be about greed. But as he doesn't I'm inclined to believe there's more to it than that.

I'll say this... all this tsk tsking is what's amusing me. Sorry, but there you go.
Seriously ... you are implying (implying, hell, outright stating) that greed is a quality ONLY to be found in citizens of the USA. Other people are somehow immune?

Seriously?

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 04:41 PM  
kiwichick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eam531 View Post
Seriously ... you are implying (implying, hell, outright stating) that greed is a quality ONLY to be found in citizens of the USA. Other people are somehow immune?

Seriously?
My take on that statement was that if the guy lived in the US where the DVDs were readily and legitimately available, THEN this would be about his greed. I don't believe it was being implied that people who live in the US are innately greedy - but hey, that's just how I read that statement.
kiwichick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 05:02 PM  
eam531
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwichick View Post
My take on that statement was that if the guy lived in the US where the DVDs were readily and legitimately available, THEN this would be about his greed. I don't believe it was being implied that people who live in the US are innately greedy - but hey, that's just how I read that statement.
Thanks for the alternate interpretation. I hope it is what was meant.

However, the way it was worded sure made it sound like that greed is only a US phenomenon.

There is no way of telling people they are all walking around shining like the sun--Thomas Merton

People have done all kinds of remarkable things because they thought they could. People routinely fail to do quite ordinary things because they assume they can't--Reinhard Engels

Stay gold, Ponyboy--S.E. Hinton

Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try--Ryan Bingham

Disclosure: I have a personal relationship with a fitness instructor who has appeared in some videos.
eam531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 05:04 PM  
topfitmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwichick View Post
I read it that way too.

I'm surprised this thread has been revived and is becoming controversial. I laughed at the guy's audacity, but I'm not that keen on people selling fakes on Ebay. As others have said, at least he is relatively honest about it, inasmuch as you can call selling illegal copies of someone else's copyrighted material honest. At least you know what you are getting, and while he does seem to have a cheek, maybe this sort of stuff may encourage the production of region free fitness products and fair shipping prices.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 05:25 PM  
fitness*fanatic

Hell, I saw this morning that someone on Tracy's FB fan page stated that she was listing DC 07 on ebay after purchasing it herself and making a copy. She suggested that others buy it, copy it for themselves, and resell as well.
fitness*fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 06:13 PM  
AKatF

when I search for beacybody torrent things pop up- never knew what they were and I was always too scared to find out! So this thread has educated me on different types of piracy, lol.

TBM & TA
AKatF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-11, 06:27 PM  
mamaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKatF View Post
when I search for beacybody torrent things pop up- never knew what they were and I was always too scared to find out! So this thread has educated me on different types of piracy, lol.
There are others, too. Like Rapidshare and Megaupload fourms. There's a popular Rapidshare forum that has a forum dedicated to fitness videos. I'm not advocating you use them, but they are definitely out there. It isn't hard for someone to source copyrighted materials that can then be resold on Ebay or Craigslist or even Amazon. With a little time and initiative, anyone can easily start a bootleg operation.
Old 02-22-11, 06:46 PM  
AKatF

crazy.... never know what a torrent was. I am surprised that these torrent sites and such aren't shut down by the powers that be.

I have to admit- years ago I purchased a winsor pilates DVD. The seller on Ebay said- Winsor pilates power sculpting series- 4 workouts on 1 dvd. Nothing else stated. This person had perfect feedback in the thousands... I bough the DVD only to discover that it was a bootled/burned DVD where she had put all 4 of the workouts on 1 DVD, not what I thought I was buying at all. This person sold hundered and hundreds after me, but was shut down at some point.

TBM & TA
AKatF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bootleg, bootlegs, dishonest ebay sellers, dvd region issues, dvds unavailable overseas, ebay, fraud, honest ebay ads, region issues, torrents