leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 06:47 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Wow---an honest dishonest seller!
FitBoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 07:33 PM  
RedPanda

It's hard to believe the audacity of that guy! I'm amazed that the listing hasn't been pulled.
Old 02-21-11, 07:38 PM  
juberann

I am not surprised these bootleggers are getting by with this on eBay. eBay has no idea what is going on because they don't care. I gave up on eBay awhile back, wouldn't buy anything off eBay now if you paid me
juberann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 08:16 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

I am so stunned by this person's brazen description of his product and his activities that I almost forgot to be shocked and I just laughed instead! I never buy dvds from ebay or even Amazon. It's not worth the few $$ savings to me, because you never know what you're going to get.

Few years ago, my husband wanted to surprise me with a "Belphegor" (french TV series) dvds from the 60's. Unfortunately the dvds were fake and never played on any of the dvd players we owned. The biggest hurt was the disappointed I felt, but nowadays we are so much more savvy now when it comes to buying dvds. I know what to look for.

Has anyone ever heard of the "Belphegor" TV series with Juliette Greco, from the 60's and NOT the remake from the 90's?
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 08:34 PM  
kali1

like he said in his ad...CRAZINESS!
kali1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 11:08 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfitmama View Post
And he isn't even right! You can get the DVDs from Amazon Uk quite cheaply and get free postage....
Amazon.co.uk has other Tracy Anderson dvds at low prices. But I've never seen Perfect Design sold there, and I just checked again now and still don't see it. I've never reported anyone on Ebay, but if I did it would be someone misrepresenting what he's selling (and maybe not even then if I could work something out with the seller). But not this. If it's only available in region 1 then people with players that only play region 2 don't have many options.
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 11:18 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hej View Post
At least you have to give the guy credit for being (semi-) honest (I have seen the TA workouts at Amazon UK, BTW). What he's doing is illegal, but at least it isn't fraud, because he's pretty clear about what you'll get, unlike most bootleggers. And whether his story about his wife happens to be true or not, it resonates with my experience with other DVD producers.

There are sellers (URBAN REBOUNDER I'm talking about you) which won't allow their products (including DVDs) to be sent abroad at all, even by other retailers! And some who won't ship abroad (Fluidity), and some who'll do it but charge more for shipping than they charge for the product (P57, why exactly should we pay $45+ for shipping 3 DVDs when USPS would deliver them for $12).

The whole Region thing bugs the **** out of me. I buy a DVD player in one region and a DVD in another, both perfectly legally, and I'm not supposed to be able to use one with the other? The DVD player on my old laptop got stuck in Region 2 because I was renting movies on a 3-month trip to Japan and didn't realize I hadn't set it to Region 0. Pfffft....
You've made a lot of good points. I don't think some VFers in the US realize just how lucky they are. As you say, there are retailers who refuse to sell to non-Americans under any circumstances.
Old 02-21-11, 11:22 PM  
pumptmuscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah-lara View Post
I was able to report him using my US ebay account and I suggest others do as well. So tired of this nonsense. I've probably reported dozens on Craigslist who brag about making Beachbody fakes. I'm sure they just open another listing afterward, but it's worth a shot.
I reported him too. It appalls me how this guy has 100% perfect feedback. It makes him out to be someone reputable when all he is is a greedy jerk. I suggested Ebay ban him for good.

"We all have our own issues" - Lashaun Dale

"Hi, I'm Billy Blanks and welcome to Tae Bo" Billy Blanks - Tae Bo

** 50 time marathoner
** 15 time ultramarathoner (the longest was 40 miles)
** All time high scorer at Blast Billiards
pumptmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-11, 11:28 PM  
spotted zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumptmuscle View Post
I reported him too. It appalls me how this guy has 100% perfect feedback. It makes him out to be someone reputable when all he is is a greedy jerk. I suggested Ebay ban him for good.
If he lived in the US it might be about greed. But as he doesn't I'm inclined to believe there's more to it than that.

I'll say this... all this tsk tsking is what's amusing me. Sorry, but there you go.

Tags
bootleg, bootlegs, dishonest ebay sellers, dvd region issues, dvds unavailable overseas, ebay, fraud, honest ebay ads, region issues, torrents