Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-01-10, 05:50 PM  
lissalaurel76

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthedish View Post
Well, i filed complaints with ebay and they just sent me emails saying to return the items to him for a full refund. And pay shipping to ship to him. WTH??? I'm so confused!
No, contact paypal & don't send anything back. You probably got a form letter, the person who sent it probably didn't pay attention to all of your information. These are bootlegs, against ebay rules, and they need to freeze his account & all that jazz.
Old 02-01-10, 05:54 PM  
trishthedish

This is what the email from ebay says:

The seller has agreed to issue you a full refund if you return the item.

Please ship the item back to the seller now. You will be required to provide a tracking or delivery confirmation number. View the details of this case and learn more about shipping the item back in the Resolution Center.

Refund information:
A full refund of $18.00 will be issued through the same payment method you used to pay for the item once the item is delivered

???? I dont know what to do.
Old 02-01-10, 05:56 PM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalaurel76 View Post
No, contact paypal & don't send anything back. You probably got a form letter, the person who sent it probably didn't pay attention to all of your information. These are bootlegs, against ebay rules, and they need to freeze his account & all that jazz.
Well, I keep trying to work with Paypal, but the resolution center keeps sending me back to Ebay's page for filing complaints.

Oohhhhhh i have sooooooo learned my lesson.
Old 02-01-10, 06:08 PM  
aunatural

I would follow Ebay's instructions and send it back with delivery confirmation. You need to figure out what YOUR end goal is here. Do you just want to get your money back and be done with it or do you want to start a personal crusade to get him banned from Ebay? In the end, that is Ebay's call. All you can do is report the item as a bootleg which you have already done.

The same thing happened to me with some fake Cathe DVDs and Paypal was no help. They're on the seller's side, not yours. I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back.

Quote:
This is what the email from ebay says:

The seller has agreed to issue you a full refund if you return the item.

Please ship the item back to the seller now. You will be required to provide a tracking or delivery confirmation number. View the details of this case and learn more about shipping the item back in the Resolution Center.

Refund information:
A full refund of $18.00 will be issued through the same payment method you used to pay for the item once the item is delivered

???? I dont know what to do.

2014 Goal- Be consistent! Embrace yoga!
aunatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 06:11 PM  
Kathy T

Quote:
Well, I keep trying to work with Paypal, but the resolution center keeps sending me back to Ebay's page for filing complaints.

Oohhhhhh i have sooooooo learned my lesson.
Tricia,

I had a problem back in December. There is a protocol to follow at eBay. Have you gone to your "My eBay" account page? At the very bottom are some highlighted links one of which is a Resolution Center. When you click that you are given some choices and I believe everything takes off from there. Obviously making effort to contact the seller is one of the requirements which you've already done. I can't recall all the details or if there was a time frame requirement. There is procedure on when to contact PayPal. I received all my $ back so I know the protocol works.
ps...there wasn't a shipping factor in my problem because the person never shipped it!!!!

Sorry this happened to you. Don't beat yourself up.
Old 02-01-10, 06:11 PM  
trishthedish

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunatural View Post
I would follow Ebay's instructions and send it back with delivery confirmation. You need to figure out what YOUR end goal is here. Do you just want to get your money back and be done with it or do you want to start a personal crusade to get him banned from Ebay? In the end, that is Ebay's call. All you can do is report the item as a bootleg which you have already done.

The same thing happened to me with some fake Cathe DVDs and Paypal was no help. They're on the seller's side, not yours. I had to file a dispute with my credit card company to get my money back.
Thanks for responding. My end goal is to get my money back and I'm nervous to send this stuff back and pay for shipping and still not get refunded. Did you send the stuff back and then get refunded? it seems so backwards to me!
Old 02-01-10, 06:12 PM  
lissalaurel76

(I'm pasting this from another site)
Make sure you follow this exactly :

*Click on the Resolution Center
*Click Report a Problem
*Click Item Dispute
*Follow Paypal's instruction from there. Make sure you raise the dispute to a claim though

If that doesn't work, file a chargeback claim with your credit card company or your bank.

Here's a link to where I got this info http://reviews.ebay.com/Paypal-scam-...00000006878284
Old 02-01-10, 06:17 PM  
chrisqan

im so sorry you have to deal with this! all those new TA dance aerobics dvds on ebay are really suspicious.
i agree with the previous poster- contact paypal (log onto paypal and find their phone #) and your credit card company directly, dont wait for it to be resolved by ebay, which can take a long time.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-10, 06:17 PM  
Kathy T

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalaurel76 View Post
(I'm pasting this from another site)
Make sure you follow this exactly :

*Click on the Resolution Center
*Click Report a Problem
*Click Item Dispute
*Follow Paypal's instruction from there. Make sure you raise the dispute to a claim though

If that doesn't work, file a chargeback claim with your credit card company or your bank.

Here's a link to where I got this info http://reviews.ebay.com/Paypal-scam-...00000006878284

Tricia,

I was just ready to add this as well but lissalaurel76 beat me to it! I got lots of good direction & feedback from the eBay community forum
Old 02-01-10, 06:25 PM  
alisoncooks

I just wanted to add...

I bought a t-tapp dvd a few months ago on ebay that was fake. I contacted the seller and he didn't even make excuses. Refunded my $$ within minutes of receiving my email. Just asked that I not leave a negative feedback (and then changed his settings to private and kinda disappeared....uh-huh....guilty much?)

It happens. It shouldn't...but it does.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebay, fraud