Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-09, 03:09 PM  
suebella
VF Supporter

Oh, I see. It depends on your settings, I guess! I have mine set so I read the last post first and so I saw Renda's note right away.

Well, old threads don't bother me although I do sometimes get a jolt when I'm reading along and realize I am reading something I posted years ago....

It's like visiting my old self.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.”
- Author Unknown, but definitely not me.
suebella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 03:13 PM  
gigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby View Post
In defense of the person who revived the thread, I will point out that she clearly marked her post with a warning that it was an old thread.

Personally, I could care less if it's old. I got a huge kick out of it. This thread was before I joined VF. I never would've seen it had it not been revived. Alta's comments are hilarity itself (especially that she considers Pilates the exercise equivalent of watching paint dry), of course, and the poster who said a certain cardio workout usually had her praying for death caused me to bust a gut. Thanks, ladies!

Besides, according to Leslie, there possibly are NO truly boring workouts - see my sig line.
Me either and yes, she clearly stated, this is an old thread. It just deosn't seem like reviving an old thread should get strong flack at all.... Especially when the OP wasn't trying to fool anyone or be ugly.

Taebo in general are workouts that I find boring and repetitive and I have to agree with Jari Love.
Old 05-12-09, 04:15 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry7899 View Post
It doesn't matter to me if a thread was old. I actually really enjoy reading old threads.
Me too! Since I missed it the first time it's actually a new thread to me.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 04:27 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lissalaurel76 View Post
GAH !!!!!!!! I HATE it when people dig up old threads. Good gawd, can't threads when they get so many years old just be archived so people can read without posting in them ?

I'm just deleting my above post. It makes me feel like I've been fooled somehow posting into a thread this old. Usually I catch it.

Blech. Leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Sorry. On my reposting of the thread I put an old thread alert in the top line and in my original post I put that the thread was four years old and I was seeking updated workouts since that was such an old post.

When I have asked a question on a topic that longer term members have seen the question before I get lots of cites to that post, some going back years, sometimes more than one cite and requests that I please look before I ask a question.

So trying to keep everybody happy, I put the alerts in and a mention at least once in my original post it is ancient. I also didn't want to hear the same ones already cited in Alta's original post.

If I had the ability to edit someone else's post to put in something in the topic line alerting people to the age of the thread, I would.

If someone has an answer to keeping everyone happy, let me know ; then I will become ambassador of the world and get rid of war, famine and cellulite.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 04:29 PM  
lindseylu8

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
...If someone has an answer to keeping everyone happy, let me know ; then I will become ambassador of the world and get rid of war, famine and cellulite.
HILLARIOUS! And I also recall people complaining both ways, so I dont think there is a winning alternative LOL.

You can find a link to my fitness blog in my profile
lindseylu8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 04:42 PM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Maybe locking a thread after a certain amount of time with a note that a person is welcome to start another thread and to just cite the original as Clare* said would be a way to handle that.

But locking a thread has so many connotations and emotional aspects, that would never fly.

Then we would have no more of the (in)famous Gilad thread .

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 04:57 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Quote:
Sorry.
An unwritten rule at VF:

Whatever you say or do, somebody will get their panties in a twist.

The thread cracks me up and reminds me of a time when humor was a big part of VF.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 05:03 PM  
Clare*
Moderator/ BC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alta View Post
An unwritten rule at VF:

Whatever you say or do, somebody will get their panties in a twist.

The thread cracks me up and reminds me of a time when humor was a big part of VF.
Hey, NO FAIR!! You wrote IT down!!!

“..Know the difference between an inconvenience & a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire- then you got a problem. Everything else is inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy… And a lump in the oatmeal, and lump in the throat, and a lump in the breast are not the same lump. One should learn the difference.” Sigmund Wollman's Reality Test by Robert Fulghum
Clare* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 05:17 PM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

Quote:
Then we would have no more of the (in)famous Gilad thread .
Giladiators, where are you? Let's develop an advocacy program for "senior" (old) discussions. We could have bumper stickers. Maybe Alta could make us some t-shirts.

By the way, I also enjoy revived discussions. I revived one once to ask a question as I recall. Someone was upset and started "screaming" about it. Honestly, I had no idea that reviving the thread was an issue.

Reminder to self: Fitness, Finances, FICO
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-09, 05:28 PM  
F1mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Me too! Since I missed it the first time it's actually a new thread to me.
Same here. That's why I answered.

(If it turns out I actually did post on this in the past, here's a pre-emptive )
F1mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquatics, boring cardio, mindless workouts, simple cardio