Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-31-10, 06:49 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Wow! 123 lbs @ 5'7? I wish I were that lucky. I'm also 5'7" but I weight a LOT more. I suspect, I may also be a lot older, but that should not be an excuse for me. I need to lose 25 lbs and I know it.

I have been working out with vids pretty consistently since the mid 80's. I LOVE working out and have a really extensive collection, but something happened with me about a year ago, and I have not been working out nearly as consistently as I used to, nor am I sticking to my diet. I don't know what's going on, but I just can't jump start myself. I'm also not as happy as I used to be. I'm searching for answers, and need either a good dose of motivation or a swift kick in the butt!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 07:18 PM  
chrisqan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
Wow! 123 lbs @ 5'7? I wish I were that lucky. I'm also 5'7" but I weight a LOT more. I suspect, I may also be a lot older, but that should not be an excuse for me. I need to lose 25 lbs and I know it.

I have been working out with vids pretty consistently since the mid 80's. I LOVE working out and have a really extensive collection, but something happened with me about a year ago, and I have not been working out nearly as consistently as I used to, nor am I sticking to my diet. I don't know what's going on, but I just can't jump start myself. I'm also not as happy as I used to be. I'm searching for answers, and need either a good dose of motivation or a swift kick in the butt!
well, one thing i've realized is that the scale is just a number. i was definitely skinny fat before, but now even though im heavier, im more toned and healthier.
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 07:33 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Awesome, Chrisqan! Congrats to you and something to strive for. Maybe your post will motivate me.
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 07:35 PM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisqan View Post
well, one thing i've realized is that the scale is just a number. i was definitely skinny fat before, but now even though im heavier, im more toned and healthier.
ITA! Usia, if it makes you feel better I'm 5'7" and I feel smoking hot at 145 lbs. I'm at 150 now, but those darn "vanity pounds" are so hard to keep off. I'm happy I've just been able to maintain 150 for some time now.

Exercise has been good, but my resolution this year was to get adventurous with the bulk grains at the whole foods store and try new grains, beans, wild rices etc... (Hope this doesn't cross VF guidelines!) It's been fun incorporating these new things in my cooking and trying new recipes! Looking for vegetarian options, I've had success getting DH to eat less meat this way and his cholesterol has dropped from 230 to 190 in three months!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 07:39 PM  
OrangeSofa

My goal was 300 workouts for the year, and so far I'm at 75. I slacked off a LOT last year, so this is a big deal for me.

"The cha-cha is no more ridiculous than life itself."-Whit Stillman
OrangeSofa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 02:17 AM  
CarlaShanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
ITA! Usia, if it makes you feel better I'm 5'7" and I feel smoking hot at 145 lbs. I'm at 150 now, but those darn "vanity pounds" are so hard to keep off. I'm happy I've just been able to maintain 150 for some time now.

Exercise has been good, but my resolution this year was to get adventurous with the bulk grains at the whole foods store and try new grains, beans, wild rices etc... (Hope this doesn't cross VF guidelines!) It's been fun incorporating these new things in my cooking and trying new recipes! Looking for vegetarian options, I've had success getting DH to eat less meat this way and his cholesterol has dropped from 230 to 190 in three months!
I'm 5' 7" as well and feel best at 133 lbs. Unfortunately right now I'm 141 and feeling podgy! Hasn't kept me out of the chocolates or Doritos, though!
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 05:58 AM  
Helen

My new year resolutions suck - totally gone by the wayside, I'm soft, fat & flabby. But it's the 1st of the month today, and school holidays started today (I'm a teacher) so..... I sigh, brace myself & kick myself, hopefully into some action.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Helen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 06:18 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
My new year resolutions suck - totally gone by the wayside, I'm soft, fat & flabby. But it's the 1st of the month today, and school holidays started today (I'm a teacher) so..... I sigh, brace myself & kick myself, hopefully into some action.
Same here Helen!

I posted this on the weight loss check in (Losing It) but I *was* doing so well at the end of 2009 at getting up early and consistently exercising. Well, for some reason I stopped getting up early and tried to squeeze the workout in during the day (major FAIL) and now I'm barely working out at all. Trying to get back into it and thankfully I haven't gained weight, despite eating like a collegiate football player...
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 03:08 PM  
Wanda
VF Supporter

Hey, congrats to all who are still focusing on fitness - staying active - measuring successes - re-evaluating goals - lending support - I'm sure we're all healthier and fitter no matter what we've lost or haven't.

My goals were pretty lofty and I can't say I've met them. In fact, I'm only down about 1 lb. from the first of the year but I'm no heavier, I'm wearing a reasonable (for me) size, I've worked out on most days, and my stamina and strength are pretty darn good.

Thanks to all for sharing your first quarter results and here's to next quarter .
Wanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 04:02 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usia View Post
I'm searching for answers, and need either a good dose of motivation or a swift kick in the butt!
This is what happens when you use your cat as an exercise coach!

Sorry - I couldn't resist. Here's hoping you get your mojo back.

Tags
new year, resolutions