Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-10, 12:57 PM  
Laura S.
VF Supporter

I swore I'd start to the lose the weight I have kept putting on for the past couple of years. That hasn't happened yet and, in fact, I've put more on. In the past couple of weeks, I've seen some progress in sorting out some of the emotional/stress issues that have driven the weight gain, so I'm hopeful. I have been here before though, so the jury is still out as to whether it's a lull or a long-term trend.

I've kept up with my exercising in several ways. I've been successful at doing longer workouts more often or more intense workouts on those days that I don't have as much time. And, I've started wearing my pedometer again and being more aware of the steps I'm taking (or not taking).

I guess I need to sit down and plan out the next quarter, make goals for it. Otherwise, I may lose some of the progress I've seen. I need to figure out how to track what I'm doing better.

Usia - I had wondered about your certification. Congrats on getting it! It's a big deal.

Laura's Workout Mantras:

Something is better than nothing
The best workout is the one you will DO
Laura S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 01:03 PM  
RedPanda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darisa View Post
2. I also wanted to conquer Amy's Hi Lo Challenge and I have! Since learning it I've aquired 5 more of her cardios through trades and I'm completely in LOVE with her!
Good for you! I'm at the "in love" stage - haven't progressed to the "learning the choreography" stage.
Old 03-31-10, 01:13 PM  
sciencelady

I resolved to try new vegetables. The original resolution was to try a new one each week, but now that I've found some new favorites, it's hard to buy something new and I still buy the old standbys (asparagus, spinach, carrots, broccoli, peppers, onion, mushrooms, sweet potato, squash, zucchini, tomatoes, mixed salad greens). I'm looking forward to farmer's market season to try some new things!

New Loves: Kale, leeks, swiss chard
Moderate: turnips, beets (greens and bulbs), artichoke
Nothing I absolutely hated.
sciencelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 01:27 PM  
westiemack

My exercise and eating has been great so far this year, BUT my resolution to try and cut down on workout DVD purchases has so far TANKED!! My "reason" (for most of it) so far has been the strong Canadian dollar. Usually we take quite a hit on purchases from the US, but with the dollar being so strong, I have made purchases that I probably would have waited on in the past.

Also, I have no desire to join the Vidiots Anonymous thread. I want to stop, but I don't really want to stop. I guess I haven't hit that "rock bottom" moment yet.

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 02:55 PM  
ilovemygreatdane

Well, so far so good. My resolution was to lose 20 lbs. I have lost 15 so far. The last 5 have been really hard. Maybe I was a little complacent after losing the first 10. But my goal has been to lose it by June. I figure it can come off nice and slow. Hopefully then I will have gotten this eating thing right. I have been learning portions and basics. I try to eat the right kind of food for my body (not so much processed foods). It's something I wish I would have learned when I was much, much younger. My exercise resolution was to do a formal workout 5 days a week - 3 wt and 2 cardio. My crappy elbow has made this difficult so now I am doing more cardio. I miss my weights.
ilovemygreatdane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 04:21 PM  
PeakFitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post

I'm right there with ya girl! I don't think I've ever felt this bad about myself... truly.
(((hugs)))
Old 03-31-10, 04:30 PM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
Usia ~

I'm right there with ya girl! I don't think I've ever felt this bad about myself... truly. Where I thought I would be at this time in the year, I'm not even close. I know that stress is the trigger, due to life changing choices my family has made. We are moving this summer. We are leaving our home town and where are girls have grown up. It's very emotional for all of us, yet excited to see what this new area has to offer us. My eating is out of control b/c my emotionals are out of control.
(((Tina)))

As far as New Year Resolutions.... I forgot what mine were.
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 04:32 PM  
CarlaShanti

I don't think I had any New Years Resolutions, but I certainly haven't lost any weight or increased my number of push ups or lifted my butt or reduced my thigh circumference! Yet somehow, I'm still enjoying myself.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 06:21 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Congrats to all of you who have managed to lose weight, improve your fitness levels etc. I have all of you to look up to! To the rest, who like me, have not done as well as we had hoped....at least I'm in good company. Here is to the next 3 months of 2010, and we'll try again, right?!
Usia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 06:39 PM  
chrisqan

one of my resolutions was to exercise consistently- i've been pretty good about working out regularly. so, a little pat in the back for me
i haven't lost any weight, but gained about, oh 5 pounds! i'm 5'7" and in the beginning of the year, i was about 118 pounds, and today i weighed myself for probably the second time since the new year, and im at 123. i haven't been keeping track of my weight, but my body looks more toned, and i have more muscle everywhere, especially in my thighs. i've been doing mostly resistance training 5-6x/week, and haven't changed the d-i-e-t a single bit. controlling what i eat is the hardest for me.
i've never been as heavy as 123 in my life. about 105-108 in college, and once i graduated i gained about 10 pounds, and i've been trying to squeeze into my college jeans since, but that is turning out to be a challenge,esp since i cannot d-i-e-t!
at this point, i should just buy new clothes
chrisqan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new year, resolutions