Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-29-09, 09:05 PM  
lorajc

A New Year - A New Rotation/Rotations?? or What Are You Changing?

Need ideas for the New Year. I have just about every dvd made.

What are your Plans? Rotation? or what are you going to do different with the way you work out?

I never make NY's resolutions, but this year I am.

Here's what my plan is.........although I'm not sure what rotations I want to do yet.

I plan on forcing myself to take 1 active rest day per week or 1 easier day and one active rest day.

On my active rest day, I'll do yoga or Pilates/yoga, classical stretch, etc.
I vow to add in some easier workouts here and there ....like Ellen Barret and start using my barre workouts more. I also plan on doing step again. I ditched step last year when I was going thru a major upset in my personal life and couldn't bear the thought of all of the complex coreography, however, I need to start using my brain again.

What are you planning?
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-09, 09:19 PM  
videofit

I'm doing what I usually do -- weights on alternate days, and walking for 30-50 minutes outside most days. I'm adding in HIIT cardio on alternate days (we'll see how my feet and knees hold out).

Funny, after stuffing my face for the past three months, yesterday and today I've been eating healthful, whole foods within my calorie limit and I haven't been that hungry at all, thank God. I'm anticipating a couple of pounds of water weight loss at the end of the week, which should be motivating.
Old 12-29-09, 09:42 PM  
counterclockwise

I am definitely going to add HIIT with Cathe's 3 that just came out, and very likely Chalene's Turbo Fire whenever that comes out.

I think this is what I'm going to do, starting January

1) Jay Johnson Bootcamp 9 week rotation, subbing some of the cardio DVDs I have in for the cardio that came with the set, then
2) Chalean Extreme weight circuit rotation combined with Shock Cardio

I am not getting my hopes up that Turbo Fire will be out by the end of that (which would be around June), but if it is, I would like to do a 3.5 month STS weight rotation combined with Turbo Fire cardio.
counterclockwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-09, 09:47 PM  
lesia

I'm going to complete my Insanity/P90X hybrid rotation. I'm on Day 25 because this year, I wanted to start my New Year's Resolution early...best way to keep myself in check.

Do what is best for you. Find something you enjoy that makes you happy and go for it.

Happy New Year and Best Wishes.
Lesia
lesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 11:19 AM  
smilesolovely

For January: Shock Cardio / Get Ripped

M - Circuit Blast
T - Kickboxing (MMA's or any instructor)
W - Extremely Ripped 1000
Th - Cardio Core Circuit
F - Ripped & Chiseled
S - abs & stretch (freestyle or any instructor)
S - rest

For February: Michael Olajide / Tae Bo (helped me lose the last 8lbs last yr. and did wonders for my core!)

M - Aero Jump & Sculpt
T - TB
W - Aerobox
Th - TB
F - Savage
S - TB
S - rest

For March: Patrick Goudeau

M - Hard Work Conditioning 1
T - Play Ball
W - Body Design or Dumb Training
Th - Play Ball in 4
F - HWC2 or HWC 24/7
S - rest
S - rest

For April: Jillian's 30-day Slim Down

*Disclaimer: these are my tentative plans which I reserve the right to change at any time.
Old 12-30-09, 12:17 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

If I actually stick with my current BBL rotation, that will take up most of January. Then I think I will either focus on P57 or Dove's 2 & 3 as my strength for a month or so. I'd like to resume running in warmer months. Usually I love cold runs, but for some reason I didn't get accustomed to the weather this year. Walking the dog 2X/day is enough for me! brrr

In 2010 I'd finally like to make good on previous resolutions to begin meditating and to learn some hula hoop tricks.

2009 was full of fitness setbacks for me. Here's to 2010!
Sarah-lara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 12:55 PM  
bearcatfan

I am getting back to basics.

Monday - lower body
Tuesday - cardio
Wednesday - upper body with floorwork
Thursday - cardio
Friday - upper body with floorwork

Plus, of course, a close watch on what I eat.
Old 12-30-09, 01:23 PM  
ssgilby

My plan is to not be so rigid about having a plan! I also want to put more fun back into my workouts! Lately it seems like I am always doing what I "have" to do according to my rotation, and not always doing workouts that appeal to me at the moment. Why do I always have to follow a plan???

Despite switching to "kinder/gentler" workouts this year due to injury and illnesses and discovering what type of workouts are good for my body, mind and soul, I still had some issues with over-training! One thing one can say about me, when I commit to something, I commit! LOL!

I've discovered that doing anything in heavy rotation for more than 4-6 weeks is overkill for me. My goal for 2010 is to rotate focuses more often and to give myself permission to not have a focus! As long as I'm keeping things keeping things in balance, I'm not going to worry about whether or not I "should" be doing this workout instead of that workout or if I "should" be taking a rest day or not. I don't have any real goals as I'm right around my ideal weight. Sure there are areas I'd like to tweak, but nothing that I need to obsess over!

My fitness goals for 2010, then are to go with the flow, and have FUN!
Old 12-30-09, 01:32 PM  
Fitstick

I plan *NOT* to do rotations for awhile simply because I challenged myself to complete the P90X rotation (finally after having the DVDs for years) and Chalene Extreme rotation in 2009 only to feel totally burnt out on rotations afterwards!! My goal in 2010 is to do a better job watching my food intake and continue alternating cardio/weight workouts that appeal to me instead of forcing myself to stick to any particular rotation!!
Fitstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-09, 02:12 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

I find that following some sort of rotation helps me avoid "analysis paralysis" when deciding what workout to do every day. My tentative plans for this year are:

1) Continue with my kettlebell rotation. I am doing a kettlebell workout 2-3 times per week and alternating it with some form of cardio and yoga/barre workouts.

2) CLX rotation: I purchased the CLX circuit strength workouts a few months ago and would like to try that rotation using the cardio and yoga of my choice instead of the "interval" and recovery workouts that come with the set.

Some other goals:
- Learn how to use the TRX suspension trainer and work that into my kettlebell workouts.
-Try the virgin workouts in my collection (Forza etc.)
-I would like to start taking Shaolin Kung Fu classes on Tuesday evenings but I am not sure how it will fit into my family's schedule- they are about 20 minutes away from where I live.
-Get back on track with my eating. I started tracking my food about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and did well until just before Christmas. So far I have lost about 5 pounds which isn't too shabby this time of year but I need to lose about 5-10 more.

Leslie
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new year, resolutions