Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-29-22, 11:18 AM  
Hsim

Kettlebell Workouts

I have Kettlebell Incinerator by Lauren Brooks and Kettlebell Kickboxing Scorcher Series by Dasha Libin and I am really liking both. Is there anything else out there that is comparable? I tend to get bored with just swings.
Hsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 04:11 PM  
diggerholliday

I personally like Paul Katami's kettlebell workouts. More metabolic, endurance type rather than strength. In a similar vein Kelly Coffey Meyer has a workout, Slim Sculpting, I think. Can't really go over 15 lb, at least I can't. The only strength focused ones are by Lauren Brooks.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 06:36 PM  
hdw
VF Supporter

I have enjoyed Anthony Diluglio Art of Strength Providence, Newport and Santa Monica, Skogg 5 DVD set, and Keith Weber downloads (Extreme 1-4).
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 06:51 PM  
bex

You could check out Precision Kettlebells YouTube channel. He's posted loads of follow along workouts and I love his style.

https://www.youtube.com/c/PrecisionKettlebells
bex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 08:16 PM  
bfit

There are a couple of older DVDs with Paul Harper. One supposedly focuses on cardio and the other on strength, but they are quite similar to each other. There are some non kettlebell exercises mixed in (like burpees). They move right along and emphasize endurance over heavy lifting.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-22, 08:26 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsim View Post
I have Kettlebell Incinerator by Lauren Brooks and Kettlebell Kickboxing Scorcher Series by Dasha Libin and I am really liking both. Is there anything else out there that is comparable? I tend to get bored with just swings.
If you like Kettlebell Incinerator, you would also probably like Lauren's Shut Up and Train. It's designed similarly - 6 short workouts that are straightforward and easy to fit in any time.

Dasha is really good at keeping things interesting in her workouts, so I would also recommend any of her other sets (except 7 Day Lean - that one doesn't use a kettlebell, but is an excellent bodyweight program if you're looking for something like that!).

I like Lisa Balash's style a lot. She has 2 DVDs, Kettlebell Bombshell and Kettlebell Bombshell advanced. The DVDs are a little dry, but I just tend to click with her instruction style. She also has a YouTube channel with some great shorter workouts and instruction/tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/c/LisaBalash Her YouTube channel is very low key and casual in its presentation.

I also agree with the Paul Katami recommendation. His workouts are thorough and I would define them as definitely more metabolic vs. strength focused.

I also like the KettleJitsu DVD by Joey Alvarado: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Ket...ado-p/1092.htm Very fun and a lot of content!
Old 06-29-22, 09:26 PM  
bfit

I made a mistake in my earlier post. I meant Bob Harper and not Paul Harper. The two DVDs are called "Kettlebell Sculpted Body" and "Kettlebell Cardio Shred". They are not Biggest Loser workouts.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 07:47 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdw View Post
I have enjoyed Anthony Diluglio Art of Strength Providence, Newport and Santa Monica.
Love these.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 08:20 AM  
Vantreesta

I love Lauren's Shut Up & Train and the AOS ones. I have a lot of workouts I haven't tried yet!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-22, 05:59 PM  
kalliope999

If you like the intensity level of Lauren's Incinerator, you should check out her first workout release, Ultimate Body Sculpt and Conditioning with Kettlebells Volume 1. The 12 Minute workout on that one is great for when you just need something super super quick and efficient, too. UBS&C Volume 2 also is pretty good and has a fun tabata finisher section.

Volume 1 was my first Lauren find, and it, along with Incinerator and Shut Up and Train (SUAT) are my three consistent favorites all these years later. They're in my top ten favorite workouts/programs of all time, really.

I'll echo the others' recommendations for SUAT, but I always think of that one as a little less intense. That's probably because it's one of my favorite workout rotations for after I've taken a fitness break, so I'm always "taking it easy" when I break it out. But as Lauren says, if it's too easy, use a heavier kettlebell or repeat it a second time!
I like to follow the "SUAT Longer" rotation calendar that has you doing two workouts at a time, but only every other day.

Tags
kettlebell workouts