Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-26-22, 06:13 PM  
Karyn
VF Supporter

I did Fusion Flow Sculpt today and wanted to add that if you don't have or don't like the gliding discs this workout is just fine with them. Since I don't generally do very well with these discs and have a number of joint issues I did it with light weights and no disc (she only uses one) today and felt I got a good workout that way. The disc would add extra work to some of the moves and I may try to do it with one at another time.
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 07:22 PM  
bfit

I have all of the DVDs except the stretch one. The only I've done yet is the Circuit one, and I did the shorter 38 minute workout on it. I liked it. It's an indoor setting but not a boring studio, and the music is appropriate - not great, but not annoying. Jessica is her usual self - explaining and encouraging without being over the top in terms of enthusiasm. She has a brief warmup without weights, then a section with a heavier weights that has compound moves emphasizing the back and chest, then a section with lighter weights that does compound moves with shoulders, biceps, and triceps. Within those sections she does a set of several exercises and then repeats them once through before moving on. Most of it is standing, but some is on the floor. At the end there is 6-7 minutes of abs on the floor without weights and a brief stretch. I would call it intermediate in terms of difficulty although there is quite a bit of squatting and lunging. I used 8 pound and 5 pound weights.
bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-22, 09:07 PM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Oh, what the heck. It's only $15. I just ordered the Total Body Circuit one - although I only do UB strength moves because of wonky knees/back and I'll be doing them all standing versus anything kneeling. Will report back.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 03:15 AM  
JENILU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni O View Post
Oh, what the heck. It's only $15. I just ordered the Total Body Circuit one - although I only do UB strength moves because of wonky knees/back and I'll be doing them all standing versus anything kneeling. Will report back.
Oh I got the best giggle. So true that you will end up doing what those you hang out with do.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 06:28 AM  
tracyb

Good morning! Long time lurker feeling convicted to post a review lol. I did the Core Strength and Stretch in the fusion workout. I consider myself at a high beginner level with poor core strength after 2 c sections, a hysterectomy, and arthritic lower back. This was a great workout! I had to use her suggested modifications, but I felt like my whole core was worked. I did use gliders and probably looked like I was flailing around sometimes, but I have never felt my lower abs like I did with this one.

Thankful for this forum being here all these years.
tracyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 06:36 AM  
Joni O
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JENILU View Post
Oh I got the best giggle. So true that you will end up doing what those you hang out with do.
I'm a lemming.
Joni O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 09:19 AM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyb View Post
Good morning! Long time lurker feeling convicted to post a review lol. I did the Core Strength and Stretch in the fusion workout. I consider myself at a high beginner level with poor core strength after 2 c sections, a hysterectomy, and arthritic lower back. This was a great workout! I had to use her suggested modifications, but I felt like my whole core was worked. I did use gliders and probably looked like I was flailing around sometimes, but I have never felt my lower abs like I did with this one.

Great review! I’m tempted by this one (not really feeling any of the others). I’m still not sure if I’ll cave, though. I like Jessica but I never seem to click with her workouts.
alisoncooks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 10:31 AM  
diggerholliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracyb View Post

Thank you for this review. I'm also a long time lurker who likes sneaky core work. I hate traditional core exercises but like Jessica's core work through balance and strength. Back in my Amazon cart this goes!
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 10:56 AM  
katalina

I did Rise from Stretch & Relax this morning. Loved this one!
katalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-22, 02:38 PM  
weener
VF Supporter

Total Body Circuit

I did both workouts on Total Body Circuit. I haven't been into Jessica's weight workouts in the past. But I did like this. I had to modify since I am unable to use weights for the lower body - I use my body weight only or use the weight portion for the upper body only. The 48 minute one was 8 reps slower and then 8 reps faster for most of the workouts.

The 38 minute workout was more like 18 reps. Again, I modified to make this work for me.

In both workouts, Jessica does a series of workouts and then repeats them.

I got a good workout without feeling wiped out - I do like the wiped out feeling but sometimes just wants something a little different. I'm glad I got this. I love the airy bright set.

My bottom half was feeling sore from the fusion workouts.

~~~~~~~~~
I grew up as teener weener. It got shorten to weener when a nephew was learning to talk and he just called me weener.

www.flickr.com/photos/32418450@N05/
weener is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jessica smith, strong + centered, strong + centered reviews, strong+centered series