Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-22, 01:42 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Why Am I Discombobulated by the Exchange Listings Clear Out?

I'm feeling a bit out of sorts this morning, so I was thrown when I went to the Exchange Listings and there are only two recent posts from yesterday and today plus some very old posts that show as moved. I know the Exchange gets cleared out every once in a while, which is good and shows someone is doing maintenance, but this looks different. Usually a month or two of listings are left, maybe a page worth. There were more posts from this month, some from the last week. Posting there have actually picked up a tiny bit. The Exchange Forum page shows more posts for the Listings page than are there. And the Moved posts are all really old, older than the last clean up. I haven't looked all the way to the end of the listings for several months (I have it set to show from the beginning) so it's possible they were just lurking there from a long time ago. But it all seems odd.

I every once in a while go through my box of DVDs to get rid of and offer them to people looking for them if anything I have is on a wish list but hasn't been posted on the Requests thread. I don't get to that often so I'm usually looking back at old listings. Plus I know people copy their old trade lists, some of which are long, before making a new post. I'm not sure whether I would feel better if it's that someone was overly thorough in clearing out the Exchange or if someone who wasn't supposed to did it, or why I found this so disconcerting this morning. I guess I want reassurance that nothing nefarious is going on and the wealth of information and the contacts I rely on here are not going to start disappearing. I definitely don't want to start some argument about how the site is maintained since I like knowing that it still is.

I think I'm just having a "too much stuff I can't control" morning. I need to think about the lovely weather we're having where I am, that my family is all healthy at the moment, the several hundred fitness videos I own that will more than get me trough the rest of my life and the lifespan of DVD players, the VFers I've gotten to know outside the forum, and that I still can and am working out.

Ok, I do feel a bit better. Thanks. How's your day going?

I now have a doctor's order to never again do push ups (yippee!)
KarenJo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 02:34 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Sorry - the Exchange Mods are addressing the problem. please check the exchange forum listing later today.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 03:42 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sorry about that, Karen Jo! I think it's mainly Jeannine and I who moderate now, and since there are so few posts these days, we only do purges occasionally. I did one a day or two ago and did it wrong - guess I'm out of practice.

I think it's fixed now; you should be able to see all the threads from the last 30 days (which is the usual time interval, although maybe we could change that to 60 since there's not as many as there used to be).

Sorry again about the issue; thanks to Jeannine for giving me the heads up!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-22, 04:54 PM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Thanks for the quick response, Beth and Jeannine. You guys do such a good job with keeping the Exchange cleaned up I guess I just assumed the worst when It looked wonky.

Old 01-23-22, 09:49 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenJo View Post
I think I'm just having a "too much stuff I can't control" morning. I need to think about the lovely weather we're having where I am, that my family is all healthy at the moment, the several hundred fitness videos I own that will more than get me trough the rest of my life and the lifespan of DVD players, the VFers I've gotten to know outside the forum, and that I still can and am working out.

Ok, I do feel a bit better. Thanks. How's your day going?
I didn't see the exchange listings, but I was feeling a bit like this yesterday. Instead of wallowing (which I almost gave in to), I also thought of the lovely weather and how I was feeling good physically. I had a bit of a rifle through my fitness DVDs and pulled out an old favorite. I had wanted to walk outside earlier in the day, but I stayed in and exercised, showered, cooked, ate, had a cup of tea and felt much better. I hope your day has improved, too!
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-22, 11:39 AM  
KarenJo
VF Supporter

Thanks, Venus. My day did get better, though I didn't do everything I wanted to. Mostly hung out with the dog, a pot of tea and a book. Got some laundry done and did a bit of yoga. Good to hear you felt better, too.

Today is starting out much better, but a familiar old workout DVD sounds like a good plan. It's nice how both the familiar old favorite and the activity make a difference in how the world feels.

Old 01-24-22, 11:54 PM  
Venus

Quote:
Thanks, Venus. My day did get better, though I didn't do everything I wanted to. Mostly hung out with the dog, a pot of tea and a book. Got some laundry done and did a bit of yoga. Good to hear you felt better, too.
That's great to hear! Your day sounds lovely. I ended my day with a bit of yoga, too.

Quote:
Today is starting out much better, but a familiar old workout DVD sounds like a good plan. It's nice how both the familiar old favorite and the activity make a difference in how the world feels.
Yes, it's nice to have fitness to go to for comfort. That day, I needed to work out some energy. I started out with high energy and kept going until I felt a little spent, then recovered with yoga. It felt good to move my body and I had smiled and laughed a few times by the end. My world certainly seemed just a little bit brighter.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
exchange forum, exchange list