Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-31-09, 04:31 PM  
pcramer

I am planning on starting my year off with the Hard-Core Jillian Rotation that was posted while watching my calories to get my weight loss back on track. I may follow that with a CLX cardio rotation for February.

As soon as I get closer to my goal weight I plan to transition over to danced based (barre/ballet/dance) workouts for the rest of the year.
pcramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 04:41 PM  
westiemack

Tomorrow I'm going to be starting the 30 Day Slimdown rotation that was mentioned in the thread about "30 Day Shred".

Unlike many of you, I think I better START planning rotations more frequently this year. I seem to have better results when I follow one.

Kathy

Disclosure: I am an Independent Beachbody Coach, but I'm only in it for the discount!
westiemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 08:17 PM  
lorajc

can someone link me to the Jillian rotation? I'm interested in that. thanks
lorajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-09, 09:10 PM  
Gymmie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorajc View Post
can someone link me to the Jillian rotation? I'm interested in that. thanks
Joanna posted it in the rotations forum and there's one in another shred thread that combines Jillian and Tony. Scroll down to furmomof4
“Think about Corey. Right at the finish line and his body gave up after one mile. You’re looking at yourself and if you have 100 plus pounds to lose, your body wants to be healthy.”--Bob Harper on Contestant Corey Pinkerton TBL10

DISCLOSURE: I had a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Beachbody Coach
Gymmie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 09:31 AM  
CarlaShanti

I am a very consistent exerciser and I am in my ideal weight range, so check and check there at least. My plan for the year is NO ROTATIONS. I used to do them religiously, but over the years, I've got to where I just can't follow one. I work out 5-6 days a week, but just won't do what's on the rotation. And I find it demoralising (and even quite upsetting--like I've failed at some vital and fundamental level--it's a sickness!) to cross out and sub and mess up my pretty tracker page in my journal. So this year, all I'm having each month is 31 blank lines. I will fill them in AFTER I do the workout. Cross my heart! No more OCD color-coding and heartache! My only vague plan is to work in cardio, strength and/or endurance, and a yoga each week. One or two rest days per week. That's it! I have no training goal other than to keep in my ideal weight range, and perhaps increase in strength and flexibility, so this should be fine.
CarlaShanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 09:44 AM  
PhyllisG

More AWT. I went back and revisited the Firm BSS3 and the Transfirmer series and discovered I love it. Haven't done it in years. More barre and pilates/yoga fusion--full body that involves stretch, strength, toning and a bit of cardio. Less working one or two body parts to exhaustion. less heavy weight work and less cardio till you drop.

Last edited by PhyllisG; 01-01-10 at 10:14 AM. Reason: misspelling
PhyllisG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 09:46 AM  
horsemom2

My plan is to workout longer with less intensity in the morning then to do short sparks throughout the day especially before meals doing whatever I feel like doing as long as I move bodyparts.

Barb S
horsemom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 09:46 AM  
mimikz

Today I'm starting a 4-week BBL rotation and following healthy eating from the You docs at the Real Age site. Doctors Oz and Roizen rock. I think the only difference with my BBL rotation is that I'm leaving Saturdays flexible so I can pick another workout if I want to. Usually when I try a 'formal' rotation, I miss other workouts too much and bail.

I usually just alternate strength and cardio plus dog walking every day, Sunday rest, but I'm going to change to be a little more structured with a planned rotation.

Happy New Year to everyone

Mimi
mimikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-10, 04:13 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I'm thinking of starting a Look Great In 8 rotation on Sunday the 3rd. I've done it before, so I know it is doable. This rotation was from an issue of Muscle & Fitness Hers:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...3/ai_98592788/

The rotation:

http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...ighlight=great

LGI8 has a high results to low boredom ratio. I add a bit more cardio and stretching than listed. I can use my favorite workouts to suit my mood or how I feel that day. I even skip a day if I'm tired or feeling lazy.

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
new year, resolutions