Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-22, 06:07 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

No workout for me today. We got up to an unpleasant discovery - our main freezer in the garage had gone off several days ago. The GFCI circuit had tripped and we hadn't caught it because nothing else in the house had gone off. We're still not sure why it happened. BUT, everything had thawed and dripped all over everywhere. It was a smelly mess and I may become a vegetarian because of this. Our garage still stinks - I'm not sure the freezer is salvageable because of the smell. We will give it a few days to dry out and then plug it back in and see what happens. We worked until about 2 cleaning up the mess and then after cleaning myself up I had to go to the grocery store. Meat was a definite issue - I did buy two things, but I had a hard time putting them in my basket.

And of course, because our City can't find garage truck drivers, they've had to cut our trash service back to once a week. We bagged everything up and are praying none of the neighbors thinks we put a dead body in the dumpsters. I may call the City tomorrow and beg for an early run.

Dana - thanks for mentioning Lisa's challenge - I didn't realize that you could just rent the challenge. I might do that for a change of pace. I am not renewing Mira's pilates subscription either. Too much instruction for me and the workouts are mostly too long. And I think Donna is talking about Jessica Valant's August calendar.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 06:21 PM  
donnamp

Hi,

Today I did:

Jessica Valent - Thoracic Mobility workout -I did the full version (30 min). It was a good one for me.

I was going to do something else today but that never happened....lazy!

Carol - Ugh, that is just horrible about your freezer!

Dana - Yes, I was referring to Jessica Valent's calendar, I need something simple!

My contractor should be done this week, so that is good!

Take care,

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-22, 09:47 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Oh man, Carol! Spoiled food especially meat would definitely make me want to become a vegetarian too! I also have a freezer in the garrage (mostly so that I can buy food we like when it's on sale) and it sometimes keeps me up at night thinking that the power may go off and all this food will be spoiled. Even though I don't eat a lot of meat, I do have a lot of fish in my freezer. Some meat too, but not too much. Spoiled fish however is as bad if not worse than spoiled meat. Yuck.

Donna, good luck with Jessica V calendar. In August, I'm going to continue with what I'm doing but I plan to be a LOT MORE consistent!
Old 08-01-22, 07:37 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Yoga w/ Adriene - 10 Min Morning Yoga

I did this one first thing. Painters today! It should be done by the end of the week though and I'm looking forward to it!

I do plan to get something else in today - I see Lucy has a new walk & tone challenge for August and I want to do more w/ Jessica Valent since I did end up renewing my membership - I am locked in at a lower price than what she currently charges....so I decided to just renew it.

Dana - that is interesting about PBL - I sort of like that model as we all can only use so many subscriptions. I am once again thinking about pausing my Essentrics Subscription - but I will see how much i use it once the contractors are done. I like to do those as extras but w/ the work going on in the house, I'm lucky to just do one workout, let alone, two. But the Essentrics is easy to pause and resume.

Craol - how are things going after that freezer fiasco?

Waves -

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-22, 08:32 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Today's workout was

Jessica Valant Pilates - Lower Body Blast Mat Workout - 30 minutes

This was a good leg workout - challenging in spots with one of those exercises where you stood up from a split kneeling position and immediately did a knee lift with the knee that was in the back without using your hands. That doesn't happen at my house any more, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to try it, with some help from my hand. I'm glad I went ahead and tried this workout - one or two of the stretches I modified a bit, but all in all it was a good workout and appropriately challenging.

Donna - We are still not cooking meat in my house...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 07:14 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

August thread: http://forum.videofitness.com/showthread.php?t=233140