Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-24, 01:43 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I use an adblocker and do not see any ads on Tapatalk. If I didn't have an adblocker, I'd probably get fed up and would stay off the internet entirely--which probably isn't a bad idea!

FitBoop, privacy is a huge concern. I was having a phone conversation with a friend about her husband's medical issues and not long after that, I started getting ads on Facebook related to what we were discussing. Creepy. My adblocker doesn't work on Facebook too well for some reason so that's the only place I see ads.
Old 01-07-24, 02:25 PM  
Leonana

Thanks for the info Fitboop. I need to clean my history and cookies.
Old 01-07-24, 02:33 PM  
dakko

"The fact that VF isn’t secure or private concerns me, so I'm careful about what personal info I share here now."

uhhhh... I'd better clean out my pm's.

wishiwasinhawaii: that is so crazy about seeing ads for something you only talked about!
Old 01-07-24, 02:42 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

I don’t get any ads on tapatalk, except that initial one that I X out of. I haven’t paid for an “ad free” experience either. I do see in my history that hundreds of trackers were blocked after I exit from, well, pretty much every site EXCEPT VF! There is an option on my browser that pops up for every site that allows me to opt out of any cookies except those that are “strictly necessary” but what is necessary to them may not be necessary in my view.

I’m participating more on VF Roost to get used to it, and it’s the alternative I’ve chosen if and when VF fades away. It’s always an adjustment when we try something new. I wish there was a way to preserve all of the information from VF in an easily accessible way, but even if that happened it doesn’t preserve the spirit of VF. toaster, yes, I definitely see the stages of grief on this forum.

FitBoop, yes, I get concerned about privacy as well. I don’t use my real birthdate on sites, but I suspect that people like my health insurance company shares information with their “partners." It does seem that the bulk of what I see now is data scraping for marketing purposes, but I have notifications set up everywhere and check credit reports, etc., to “try” and stem the tide of bad guys coming my way.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
Old 01-07-24, 04:19 PM  
Karla25

Here's a link to Video Fitness Forum 11. It is free for members to use. I check every member to ensure that they are not a spammer. The site has software which lets me know if they're spamming forums and I permanently ban them from the site.

We now have a My Favorite Things board/category. You can share your favorite uplifting quotations, stories, Acts of Kindness, YouTube videos and anything else that makes you happy there.

I created the board because stress can be very detrimental to your physical & mental health.

Here's the description:
Sometimes it's good to focus on the beautiful and positive things about life. Being happy is a great motivator for action. It's hard to work out or function when we are feeling angry or blue. Let's bring a little extra happiness here.

I recently uploaded some of TheFirm infomercials which are fun

We also have a board where you can share pics of pets, and another where you're welcome to introduce yourself. We have a board where you can share recipes and talk about what has/hasn't worked with different diets.

Physical fitness is more than just doing a daily workout. It's about healthy attitudes, building friendships and having fun!

I hope to see you there
Old 01-07-24, 07:05 PM  
Helen

I've used Ad Block Plus, which is free, to avoid popup ads.
• Resistance training is critical. 💯

¹ Walk first
² Weights next
³ Cardio for fun
⁴ Add stretch & balance.
Old 01-07-24, 07:59 PM  
FitBoop
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla25 View Post
Here's a link to Video Fitness Forum 11. It is free for members to use. I check every member to ensure that they are not a spammer. The site has software which lets me know if they're spamming forums and I permanently ban them from the site.

We now have a My Favorite Things board/category. You can share your favorite uplifting quotations, stories, Acts of Kindness, YouTube videos and anything else that makes you happy there.

I created the board because stress can be very detrimental to your physical & mental health.

Here's the description:
Sometimes it's good to focus on the beautiful and positive things about life. Being happy is a great motivator for action. It's hard to work out or function when we are feeling angry or blue. Let's bring a little extra happiness here.

I recently uploaded some of TheFirm infomercials which are fun

We also have a board where you can share pics of pets, and another where you're welcome to introduce yourself. We have a board where you can share recipes and talk about what has/hasn't worked with different diets.

Physical fitness is more than just doing a daily workout. It's about healthy attitudes, building friendships and having fun!

I hope to see you there
Karla, you talk here about being kind; why don't you post here what you said today at Tapatalk that caused the thread there to be closed? About how VFers should look in the mirror to see why Wendy hasn't been responding.
Closed Thread

Tags
abandonware, data privacy, forum alternative, forum issues, privacy, tapatalk, vf roost, vf roost forum, vf site issues