Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-23, 09:53 AM  
TracyQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica H. View Post
that's what I don't understand about reading goals...books are such different lengths and levels of difficulty to read. The number of books read really doesn't mean much.

Erica
I’m a slow reader always have been. I haven’t added them up yet but I think I read 16 or 17 this year which is good for me.

I just finished listening to the audible version of Britney Spears’ memoir. (She didn’t narrate it which was disappointing). It wasn’t something that was on my radar, but I heard it mentioned on a Podcast and had an Audible credit I had to use. I feel very sorry for her. Her life is a train wreck. I know there are two sides to every story, but her parents came out looking very bad. You would hope that the receivership was for her own good but it seems like her parents had their own agenda. Tragic, because she seems like a genuinely nice person.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-23, 09:55 AM  
sherry7899

I am reading "the last Caretaker" by Jessica Strawser. I have enjoyed all her books.

I don't set reading goals. For me reading is pleasure and I don't want any pressure attached to it.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-23, 10:02 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

LOL, I am not that competitive with my reading goal! Last year I didn't make my goal - so what? I didn't do anything differently (other than to lower my goal for this year, haha). For me it's just a way to keep track; otherwise I forget what I have/haven't read. That's my whole reason for using Goodreads, too.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-23, 10:18 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by toaster View Post
LOL, I am not that competitive with my reading goal! Last year I didn't make my goal - so what? I didn't do anything differently (other than to lower my goal for this year, haha). For me it's just a way to keep track; otherwise I forget what I have/haven't read. That's my whole reason for using Goodreads, too.
I never remember to log anything in Goodreads

Old 12-07-23, 10:35 AM  
Carol K

That's mainly what I use Goodreads for: to keep track of books I want to read. I don't have a goal. I'm going to read in any case.
Old 12-07-23, 10:53 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
That's mainly what I use Goodreads for: to keep track of books I want to read. I don't have a goal. I'm going to read in any case.
Yes, I will read no matter what.

Old 12-07-23, 11:25 AM  
Rivercat
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
I stopped doing the number goal a few years ago and instead try to follow a reading challenge that seems to fit with my general reading interests, like the one from Reading Glasses podcast. It has helped me look for books that are outside my comfort zone but that I still enjoyed.

~~~Inaugural Star Wars Half Marathon, Jan 2015~~~

"Work your own shovel" - John "The Penguin" Bingham
Rivercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-23, 08:51 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

I just started reading:

How Not to Age: The Scientific Approach to Getting Healthier as You Get Older
by Michael Greger M.D.

I finished reading:

The Last Time I Lied by Riley Sager

Watch Me: A Memoir by Anjelica Huston

Just My Type by Falon Ballard
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-23, 09:09 AM  
Carol K

I finally got Tom Lake by Anne Patchett from the library. The other book I've read by her is Bel Canto, which was amazing, so I'm looking forward to reading this one.
Old 12-10-23, 09:21 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Last week I finished Bleeding Heart Yard by Elly Griffiths - I liked it quite a lot and did not figure out who the killer was. It definitely made me want to read her Ruth Galloway series.

I've started How the Penguins Saved Veronica by Hazel Prior. So far so good. This one is not a mystery but a book set in Scotland and Antarctica. Reading it for an Around the World Reading Challenge that starts in January. What can I say, I'm a slow reader.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audiobooks, books, kindle, off topic, off-topic, reading, winter reading