Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-07, 02:04 PM  
ssgilby

Jari Love Rotation?

I see there was a check in at one point, but it appears to have died out. I am just coming off my first P90X rotation, and after a week or two of pure yoga (okay, I'll probably have to throw in one or two total body weight lifting sessions in - thinking of trying my new Cathe Muscle Max) to recharge myself, I am starting a low weight/high rep rotation with Jari just to give my muscles something new to do. I plan to start my second P90X rotation in mid-April.

I would love to hear from anyone who's done a Jari rotation - results, what your rotation was exactly, etc. Just all the details! I'm excited about this as it will be something completely different from the X, and after 90 days (as much as I love P90X), I am ready for a change of pace for awhile!

TIA!
Old 03-02-07, 02:20 PM  
mj476

Hi Shelley:

I seem to be the opposite of you. I think I'm actually going to start my P90X rotation next month. I just finished a month of doing Jari and similar type low weight, high rep workouts.

I basically alternated between Ripped to the Core and Slim & Lean. I did Ripped 1000 once. I also did Kelly Coffey-Meyer's A New You Coming and really enjoyed it. Also, a low weight, high rep workout which I really liked. I was also sick for a good part of February so I didn't do as much as I had hoped. My rotation was something like this:

M - Slim & Lean
T- Cardio
W - Ripped to the Core
T - I usually linedance every Thursday night for 3 hours.
F - Stretch or Yoga

For the good news:

My waist stayed the same, lost 1/2" from hips, lost 1/4" from thighs, lost 1/2" from biceps, lost 1" from chest. Lost 2 1/2 pounds for the month.

I didn't know if I was going to like Jari since I love Cathe so much and I really like heavy lifting like S&H and Gym Styles but I did enjoy doing her workouts. My favorite is Ripped the Core. I really like the compound moves and it keeps my heart rate up.

Good luck on your new rotation. What were your results from the X?

Marcy
mj476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 02:26 PM  
Tess_ATL

I have been doing something like this:

Week 1
RTTC
Cardio Kickboxing
RTTC
Cardio Spinning
Ripped 1000
Cardio Kickboxing
REST

Week 2
RTTC
Cardio Spinning
RTTC
Cardio Kickboxing
Cathe Bootcamp
Cardio Spinning
Rest

I've been getting decent results with that. I stopped doing S&L though because my calorie burn was higher with RTTC and I felt I was bulking too much in my lower body with S&L. I love RTTC though!
Tess_ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 02:41 PM  
ssgilby

Marcy - I won't have my official results until this weekend, when I weigh/measure for the last time. As of the end of phase 2 (Jan. 29), I had lost 1/4" to 1/2" pretty much everywhere with the exceptions of my waist, where I lost 3/4", and my hips, where I gained an inch, but I didn't mind that. I was trying to build some in the booty, and I did! Even though my hip measurement got bigger, my hips look slimmer from the side, but my butt looks more rounded. All of my pants feel looser and if I were to go out and buy a new pair right now, I'd get a size smaller than what I have. I lost about 4 lbs. I didn't really have any weight to lose, nor did I want to really build a lot. I did the Lean rotation. My goals were just to sculpt a little in the upper body, flatten my belly a bit and lose some around the thighs. I would've preferred to lose an inch or more off each thigh, but losing 1/2" is better than nothing. Overall I am happy with my X results. They're not stellar, but I think I swapped some fat for muscle, and although it's not huge, I can certainly see more definition in my arms. I don't build muscle easily at all. I feel tighter and firmer. I think I'll get more results once I do round 2. I'll be doing the Classic rotation next time. A big result from the X for me was the fact that I stuck with it (I think I only actually missed one or two workouts the entire time!), and I "brought it," and I enjoyed it. Before the X I couldn't even do one push up on my toes. I can now do 8!

Tess - Interesting about S&L bulking the thighs. I'll have to be careful about that as that is definitely something I don't want!!

I'll be interested to see what this Jari rotation does. I'll be doing R1000, RTTC and S&L one day each week and mixing in some kickboxing and getting plenty of yoga in as well. I may also throw one iBallet session in a week.
Old 03-02-07, 02:55 PM  
mj476

Slim & Lean didn't bulk my thighs. I actually lost. That was one reason I decided to do Jari this month. I thought I was going too heavy with Cathe and was hoping the lighter weight would help and it did.
mj476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 03:25 PM  
Stella2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby
I see there was a check in at one point, but it appears to have died out. I am just coming off my first P90X rotation, and after a week or two of pure yoga

I would love to hear from anyone who's done a Jari rotation - results, what your rotation was exactly, etc. Just all the details!
Hey! I'm just starting out and I am doing a fair amount of high rep/low weight stuff, I guess (well, kind of). If you wanted to start up a "Jari Check-in" I'll be right there with you! I've been doing a lot of searches for rotations, etc. and it would be kinda' cool to be doing a similar rotation to someone else. Of course, you are a much more advanced "worker-outer" than i am. I think I am going to build up some more strength to, then, try p90x (if i can get it all...i'm in Canada and haven't really looked into that part of it too much...but I'm pretty sure BeachBody doesn't ship to Canada). I have *just* started but right now my plan is: Cathe's PUB Mondays, Taebo/stretch Tuesdays, Jari's Ripped Wednesdays, Other cardio/Stretch Thursdays, Cathe's PLB Fridays, and off...or some other light cardio or stretch/yoga...on the weekend if i can find the time. Another Vf-er has been so sweet as to send me another Jari DVD--i'm just waiting for it to arrive. So, maybe we *can* get a little check-in going? Then, when we are done this one...i might be ready to start the p90x one.

I'm working on getting buff for my beach wedding in November and I need all the help and inspiration that i can get.
Stella2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-07, 03:31 PM  
ssgilby

Stella- LOL! Yes, let's see if there's more interest, and we can maybe revive the Jari check in. Lord knows I'm a check in junkie and can always use one more! I will be closely monitoring my X check in though, because I've grown fond of the people there, and I want to see how things go for them. Plus, I plan to X again in April, so I'd be back anyway.

Anyone else up for a Jari check in? I plan on starting my rotation on either the 11th or 18th.
Old 03-02-07, 04:19 PM  
cadams

Stella . . .

I just wanted to let you know that, not only DOES beachbody ship to Canada, they actually have a distribution centre in Windsor (I think), so you don't have to pay any customs/duties/etc. I live in Vancouver and have ordered many times from them (including P90X, Tony's pushup stands, the pullup bar, etc.) without problem.

...now, with apologies, back to the Jari thread .. .

/Christine
cadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-07, 11:58 AM  
Debra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgilby
Stella- LOL! Yes, let's see if there's more interest, and we can maybe revive the Jari check in. Lord knows I'm a check in junkie and can always use one more! I will be closely monitoring my X check in though, because I've grown fond of the people there, and I want to see how things go for them. Plus, I plan to X again in April, so I'd be back anyway.

Anyone else up for a Jari check in? I plan on starting my rotation on either the 11th or 18th.
I'm a maybe. I'm alternating Jari with the TLT's right now. But bathroom demolition starts the 12th and my wreck havoc on my routine.

Shelley, I wish I could start my day as early as you do, but 5:30 is the earliest I can do on a regular basis. Right now it's more like 6.

Debra
Debra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-07, 02:24 PM  
Nancy511

I do Jari twice a week. Ripped to the Core on Tuesday and Slim and Lean on Friday. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Saturday are the Firm. Specifically those that are heavier on cardio. Max Cardio Burn, Fat Blaster, Super Cardio Mix, Time Crunch, Complete Aerobics and WEight Training. I don't use weights with Jari when doing squats, lunges, dips. My own body weight is enough and I don't get bulky. I love Jari, I have become much stronger and the Firm workouts have become easier since I started rotating Jari twice a week.
Nancy511 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love rotation, jari love success