Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-06, 08:55 PM  
myndee15
VF Supporter

Slim Series or Jari Love's Ripped Workouts?

Hi,

I am undecided about whether I should do a Slim Series or Jari Love's Ripped rotation. I will say that I'm an intermediate to advance exerciser. Is Jari Love's Ripped workouts more advance than Slim Series. I rather do the rotation that is harder last. Which should I do first?

myndee15
myndee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 09:10 PM  
myndee15
VF Supporter

Just wanted to add that I'm an intermediate to advance exerciser for cardio. But for weights, I would say still maybe a beginner. I started earlier this year with Project You weight workouts and then to Slim in Six twice. I got better results with Slim in Six. I want to start getting more serious about resistant training for my body.

myndee15
myndee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 09:10 PM  
suegy3

I think that Jari Love might be harder. I have 1 of Jari's workouts and 2 on the way. I did two slim series workouts. Tone it Up and Shape it up. They were a bit boring. Awful music. Tone it Up was better. It had compound moves and I like that.

Jari Love's workouts are cheaper so they might be a good route for you. If there is a Ross store near you, you can get them for $4.99.

Also, Jari's first workout called "Ripped" is suppose to be the intermediate workout. Maybe you can try that one first.b
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 09:23 PM  
azelizabeth

I really enjoy the Jari Love workouts, I have all 3 but primarily do Ripped and RTC (can't even remember what S&L is like). I bought slim series and slim in 6 off of craig's list and truthfully... while they are good workouts... the boredom factor just weighs in too heavily for me to follow through. So... my vote is for Jari. Ripped is a great starter... RTC has a lot of compound moves and always seems to give me a decent workout.

Elizabeth
azelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 09:28 PM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

I only have one of Jari's, "Ripped" To the Core, and it is great. I understand that at least one of the others is tougher even than RTTC, I have all of the Slim Series workouts, and I would consider Jari much tougher than Debbie. I think perhaps because in mine it is compound moves. I also must say that IMO Jari's go by faster, less bore factor.

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-06, 09:38 PM  
gtmrfc

Jari's do fly by; however, I think Debbie's are tougher. I also made strength and definition gains with Debbie's. I noticed when I went back to Jari's after a Slim Series rotation that I needed to up my weights. This may also be because I was shaking my workout up a bit. I would recommend starting with Jari. They are not as long, and I think you have more room to grow with these. Debbie's reps are so fast that I would be afraid of going too heavy on the weights. I really like rotating these two series. I feel and look leaner.
gtmrfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-06, 11:23 AM  
~^~RedFlame~^~
VF Supporter

Isn't it funny how impressions differ! Debbie's seem easy to me, and Jari's seem tougher. I would have thought of SS as a way to "work up" to Jari. Just goes to show ya, our muscle fibers, genetics, are all so different, one man's easy is another man's tough! The one thing about SS that is tougher to me is the length, perhaps, but intensity-wise, Jari exhausts me more. I want them to end because they are tough, with SS I want them to end because I am so bored. Isnt it great that we all have different tastes! It keeps the workouts comin!

Proud GRADUATE of P90X!! TWICE Class 2007&2008!!
Burn Burn BUUUUURRRRRNNNN!

One's main goal in life is to give birth to oneself.
If you are not busy being born, you are busy dying!
~^~RedFlame~^~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-06, 12:32 PM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Two completely different styles of training and both can be tough.

I'm not sure what workouts you have by Jari, or by Debbie. Your post is pretty vague.

Jari's first workout, Ripped, is the easiest of her three workouts that is currently available. If this is the only workout you have by Jari, then doing a Ripped rotation wouldn't be very difficult. Since you consider yourself more of a beginner, I would do Jari's Ripped workout on Monday and Friday.

If you have all of the Slim Series workouts and plan on incorporating all of these workouts, then this will be one tough rotation, even if you are alternating cardio days with a SS workout. The SS workouts are tough! Once these workouts start, you don't stop until it's over. This is my favorite way to rotate the SS workouts:
Monday-Shape it Up
Tuesday-Firm it Up
Wednesday-Mix it Up
Thursday-Cardio
Friday-Tone it Up
Saturday-Cardio

But, this might be too much for you. Do you have the booklet that came with SS? I believe they have a beginner's rotation in that booklet.

As far as music goes, it's much like Slim in 6. The beauty of these workouts is that it has a music off option so you can use your own music. These workouts are much more fun when you're using music that you really like listening to.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-06, 04:05 PM  
gtmrfc

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~^~RedFlame~^~
Isn't it funny how impressions differ! Debbie's seem easy to me, and Jari's seem tougher. I would have thought of SS as a way to "work up" to Jari. Just goes to show ya, our muscle fibers, genetics, are all so different, one man's easy is another man's tough! The one thing about SS that is tougher to me is the length, perhaps, but intensity-wise, Jari exhausts me more. I want them to end because they are tough, with SS I want them to end because I am so bored. Isnt it great that we all have different tastes! It keeps the workouts comin!
That is funny!
gtmrfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-06, 10:11 PM  
RachelleS

The only thing I got from the Slim Series rotation was a 1/2" GAIN in my arms. I've done Slim and Lean five times (Jari recommended to do it for 14 workouts and then switch to RTTC) and people are asking me if I've lost more weight - I haven't but I am losing inches. Even though I didn't mind SS & I really liked using the bands and weights, I like Jari's workouts so much more.

I think it just depends on each person how the respond to each workout. Good luck! Rachelle
RachelleS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intermediate workouts, jari love rotation, jari love success, slim and lean, slim series music