Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-23, 11:23 AM  
cowfishpro

You ladies are too kind. That was a profile photo my husband took for me this past July to use for my new job I started on July 1.

It is amazing what make-up, a good hair cut, good lighting, and skilled photographer can do.

Jeannine, oh my goodness, I forgot about Ya-Yas! That seems so long ago.

Kittybug, I'm looking forward to your report on Pure. I did Original 10/10 today, the shortened version that cuts out the extra talking, that is available on CTV. It was very efficient and still a good routine.

Have a great week!

~T
Old 01-16-23, 12:01 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

cowfishpro, I remember you! Not sure you remember me -- honestly, I'm not sure if we were ever in a checkin together but I remember your name and that you used to post. Just wanted to pop in and say you ladies are really making me want to try Callanetics again. And kittybug you crack me up -- you are *definitely* advanced at more things than worrying. kittybug knows that I had a "broken butt" about a year ago -- maybe longer now -- and I was doing Callanetics and oh my gosh, I'm blanking on her name. The woman that used to be in New York and moved to Costa Rica, I think it is, and still does streaming from there. Wow, I can't believe I cannot think of her name. At any rate, I have a feeling it was more the latter that "broke" my butt, but because I associate callanetics with that time, I have a fear of going back to it. Any suggestions for easing into it slowly? Fun to see the enthusiasm in this thread -- both for callanetics and the return of cowfishpro!
Old 01-16-23, 04:27 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
cowfishpro, I remember you! Not sure you remember me -- honestly, I'm not sure if we were ever in a checkin together but I remember your name and that you used to post. Just wanted to pop in and say you ladies are really making me want to try Callanetics again. And kittybug you crack me up -- you are *definitely* advanced at more things than worrying. kittybug knows that I had a "broken butt" about a year ago -- maybe longer now -- and I was doing Callanetics and oh my gosh, I'm blanking on her name. The woman that used to be in New York and moved to Costa Rica, I think it is, and still does streaming from there. Wow, I can't believe I cannot think of her name. At any rate, I have a feeling it was more the latter that "broke" my butt, but because I associate callanetics with that time, I have a fear of going back to it. Any suggestions for easing into it slowly? Fun to see the enthusiasm in this thread -- both for callanetics and the return of cowfishpro!
LOL - I remember her too, but her name is escaping me at the moment...

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 05:02 PM  
fatkat555

Are you ladies talking about Terri Walsh from ART Method?

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-23, 10:10 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowfishpro View Post
Kittybug, I'm looking forward to your report on Pure.
~T
Okey dokey, so today I decided to go ahead and revisit Pure because I've been wondering why I don't do it more often. And now I'm still wondering, hah! It's an excellent routine, maybe a little less comprehensive than Extreme or 30-day Level Three, but excellent nonetheless, and YES, the chair squeeze is the very last move, no extra stretching.

I always stretch extra after anyway so I'm not sure why this initially deterred me, but I do find it odd there's no additional stretch. But I think the original Callanetics has the same routine flow.

Anywho, Pure is definitely worth having and doing, that is my report! And now I have to thank you for getting me to add this one back into my routine again.

Phrase for 2024: Streamline and simplify.
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-23, 12:20 AM  
fatkat555

I tried Tone Zone for the first time tonight! Very nice, it as exactly what I needed.

You have to make a mess, sometimes, to clean it up.

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
fatkat555 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-23, 06:43 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatkat555 View Post
Are you ladies talking about Terri Walsh from ART Method?
YES!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-23, 09:32 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

T!!!!!!!

I don't usually check out GD but I'm so glad I did and saw your post!

That's great news that you have found a fitness regime that works for you. I could do all yoga, all the time, but I'm trying to get short strength workouts in. Very cool that you are still using your Pilates reformer!

I have Callanetics Express and actually just did the lower body sequence from that last week, but that's the only DVD I have. Now I'm interested in Tone Zone!

I forgot about Amy - no, I don't think she's been around. Sometimes I look at old threads and realize how many "vintage" VFers are no longer arounds - although obviously some of us are still hanging on.

So good to see you here!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-23, 07:36 PM  
cowfishpro

Hello everyone.

Bee I also remember your name and that you posted, but I think you are right. We didn't really post on challenges or threads together. Interesting comment about "breaking your butt."

Kittybug, thanks for the report on Pure. I'm looking forward to trying it on my longer workout days. I will try the last segment of TZ tonight, and then I will move on to Core Assets when I need shorter routines.

Hi Beth!!! Glad you are still going strong with teaching yoga. I'm still enjoying yoga routines, and DH actually let me upgrade to a nice Merrithew (Home version) reformer. It is used, but I got a good price for it and love it. John Garey makes Pilates, and working out in general, fun for me. His routines even coaxed me into wanting a TRX suspension system. I got one for Christmas. It is so much fun, and boy, does it work the body!

Anyway. I do like how I can do some Callanetics moves on the reformer. If you want to borrow my TZ, just PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

It's good seeing many of you. Have a great Wednesday.

~T
Old 01-18-23, 10:13 AM  
kat999

Wow, this thread has me curios about Callanetics again. I used to have the first original workout (so old it was on VHS) and couldn't decide if I clicked with it and gave it away. But back then I was young and foolish and had the metabolism of a twentysomething. Now because I'm lately really enjoying barre and fusion workouts more, Callanetics might be worth my attention again. Off to do some research!

Tags
callanetics, callanetics extreme, callanetics results, callanetics rotation, callanetics streaming, lacey kondi